QFTOS: Rockets Edition 1-18-2020
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: QFTOS: Rockets Edition 1-18-2020

I hate making QFTOS - who was assigned to it?

These are from the 2nd half . . .

Quote:
Faker fans are really the worst, they wouldnt stop (bleep) about Howard when he joined the Rockets, now that he's playing for a vet min contract all the sudden he's the most beloved Laker.

Quote:
LOL Capela

Quote:
Yeesh, what a block by Mcgee. Damn.

I DIED LAUGHING AT THIS ONE:
Quote:
The MF'er brings in Tyson Chandler, because when your team needs energy, bring in Methuselah.

Quote:
i fuking hate 3rd quarter meltdown so much!
fuking Rockets tradition..

Quote:
MDA has checked out. This is the worst disciplined team in the NBA. I don't have stats around, but the Rockets may lead the league for giving up offensive rebound off the missed free throws. That's on MDA. Willingly refusing to play Hartenstein, that's on MDA.

Quote:
It is such a luxury for them to have Howard and McGee constantly out there setting semi-truck screens.

Quote:
Quote:
Really? Who do they have? Howard? Kuzma has been ass. Green is okay.

All 3 are better than anyone on Rockets not named Harden, Westbrook or Capela, never mind the entire bench. EGo has not led team in points or had a 30 point game this season, Kuzma has.

Quote:
Trade everyone and throw towel in on the season. As it is we are not going anywhere this season. We are so trash and no picks for a few years so will be trash for a while.

With so much payroll comitted to Harden and Westbrook, we will be trash for a while.

Quote:
It’s sad to see Capela got outplayed by this version of Dwight.

Although you can clearly see that coming.

Quote:
The way Dantoni paused so long after she asked him "how do you fix this?", you just know he's totally clueless and checked out of this season.

Quote:
This is on the coaches. The players have some responsibilities too. The problem is you got guys taking a lot of hero shots and their is no continuity to their game. Now they are out of rhythm and getting one shot. You need to play pick n roll basket ball and get to the rim until you get going. You cant play this way

Quote:
Yep turning this **** off.... why watch a bunch of quitters shoot 2-257 & make no effort on defense

Quote:
Mike Dantoni is a fraud who built a reputation off the bacls of Hall Of Famers making him look good.

I could coach harden to iso stepback me to a few wins.

Quote:
You’re taught at the earliest age of competitive basketball to use the baseline as an extra defender.

I swear to god none of the Rockets know this.

Their mindset seems to be letting them run along the baseline or move the ball along there won’t result in anything.

Just another pathetically low IQ mindset this pathetic team has.

Quote:
Lebron getting MVP chants in Houston' homecourt. Embarassing.

Quote:
The Lakers roster is just constructed so much better than ours. The difference in depth is staggering.

Quote:
we have our complete team..and they were playing without AD.
if anyone think we are contender. then they are delusional.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

That last quote ... reality check. Ouch.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

No kidding. Harden got tired of CP3's joylessness and negativity on the court, so much so that he forced Morey to get rid of him. Problem is, his contract was so awful that the only move Morey could make was taking on an even worse contract, just in the hope that throwing a "star" next to Harden would somehow work out. Well, it's not working out, surprise surprise, because RW is a star in name only at this point. They had their chips all-in on Harden and CP3, they got close to the title 2 years ago but fell just short, and then the Harden/CP3 divorce has led to a total Hail Mary all-in with Harden and RW.

If they lose in the first round this year and if they aren't looking like a contender in the first half of next season, I wonder if Harden could start to turn up the heat and want out. (He has two years left on his deal after this season, with a player option that he will almost certainly opt out of in the season after that, assuming he's healthy and assuming there isn't an officiating revolution where his entire flop act is called out by the refs.) Maybe he just wants to retire a Rocket and make a boatload of cash and he's OK with whatever happens. Or maybe he will want to force his way to a contender, figuring that he needs a ring to improve his legacy.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:37 am    Post subject:

How quickly things change.

The organization doesn't seem like it's in a good place. They definitely are heading towards a D'antoni/Morey firing. What I don't get is why didn't they just fire D'antoni before the season, if they were going to completely neuter him by firing his assistant coaches? It was especially bazaar when they decided to fire their defensive coach Jeff Bzdelik. Rockets finally look competent defensively under him and they fire him. It's not a shocker the Rockets are in turn one of the worst defensive teams this season. Felt like the owner wanted to be petty with D'antoni for some reason.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject:

Great qftos, thanks!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

The organization doesn't seem like it's in a good place. They definitely are heading towards a D'antoni/Morey firing. What I don't get is why didn't they just fire D'antoni before the season, if they were going to completely neuter him by firing his assistant coaches? It was especially bazaar when they decided to fire their defensive coach Jeff Bzdelik. Rockets finally look competent defensively under him and they fire him. It's not a shocker the Rockets are in turn one of the worst defensive teams this season. Felt like the owner wanted to be petty with D'antoni for some reason.

From what I've read on Rox boards, the cheapskate owner didn't want to fire D'Antoni and pay him when he was not working.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

No kidding. Harden got tired of CP3's joylessness and negativity on the court, so much so that he forced Morey to get rid of him. Problem is, his contract was so awful that the only move Morey could make was taking on an even worse contract, just in the hope that throwing a "star" next to Harden would somehow work out. Well, it's not working out, surprise surprise, because RW is a star in name only at this point. They had their chips all-in on Harden and CP3, they got close to the title 2 years ago but fell just short, and then the Harden/CP3 divorce has led to a total Hail Mary all-in with Harden and RW.

If they lose in the first round this year and if they aren't looking like a contender in the first half of next season, I wonder if Harden could start to turn up the heat and want out. (He has two years left on his deal after this season, with a player option that he will almost certainly opt out of in the season after that, assuming he's healthy and assuming there isn't an officiating revolution where his entire flop act is called out by the refs.) Maybe he just wants to retire a Rocket and make a boatload of cash and he's OK with whatever happens. Or maybe he will want to force his way to a contender, figuring that he needs a ring to improve his legacy.

Yep, Morey always been about names rather than fit. He figures get the stars together and the rest will just work out.

With that said, coincidence that after ariza left thats teams d just not as good?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

must be tough being a rockets fan.

there was a play where the announcer went Harden's complaining, meanwhile lakers score!

too busy complaining about his free throws to play defense lol
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

they gotta take it back to the Max Kellerman on espn radio days and call him Antoni because he doesnt deserve the D. lol We been there with him.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Rockets Edition 1-18-2020

Dr. Laker wrote:

Quote:
we have our complete team..and they were playing without AD.
if anyone think we are contender. then they are delusional.

...but Austin Rivers was out. Surely they would've dominated that game had he played whether or not we had AD, right?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Methuselah!! Lol
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

This is pure Gold (and Purple )

Just wondering if we’re to find any Dreamshake quotes would that be considered QFTOS or Quotes from Our Side???
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I just don't see Harden as a guy who is bothered much by losing. Seems like he's just enjoying the life of being an nba superstar. As long as he's getting paid in Houston he'll be happy staying there even if they stink.

And lol at "EGo".
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

A lot of self-inflicted wounds. The cheapness (not bringing back their wing defenders a few seasons back) hurt them. CP3 and Harden being their own worst enemies. All they probably had to do was keep their team and continuity and wait for an opportunity with the Warriors to have some bad luck or wear down, and the Rockets would be right there.

I think Morey may try to go all in on something at the deadline to give him/them some hope.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
eureca wrote:

A lot of self-inflicted wounds. The cheapness (not bringing back their wing defenders a few seasons back) hurt them. CP3 and Harden being their own worst enemies. All they probably had to do was keep their team and continuity and wait for an opportunity with the Warriors to have some bad luck or wear down, and the Rockets would be right there.

I think Morey may try to go all in on something at the deadline to give him/them some hope.

They can't trade Gordon until the offseason, so they would have to aggregate Capela and Tucker to be able to bring back a high-salaried player.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I don’t know who is Assigned to qftos but you do a great job at it drlaker

It is one of my favorite threads...some of us Laker fans are like vampires. We like to drink the blood of the fallen
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
eureca wrote:

I agree. I posted at the time that letting Ariza et al walk over finances was a huge mistake. The new owner spent a massive amount to buy the team, then immediately looked to cut costs and avoid the lux tax.

They got their opportunity last year when KD went down, but couldn’t take advantage of it. I think letting those guys walk was a huge part of their failure.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is such an awful shooter. He had a bunch of nice looks that he missed, and pretty much everything he made was close to the basket. With a decent shot, he could be a top 3 player in the league. But he was a stat padder for years and people bought into the triple double nonsense. He scored over 30 points last night and he barely had an impact on the game.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Harden is going to go down as the best offensive player never to win anything because he can’t play a team game.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Harden is going to go down as the best offensive player never to win anything because he can’t play a team game.

He's talented but tries to spam the rules. He won't win jack.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

God, I hope not
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

God, I hope not

I’d quit watching basketball if harden free-throw’ed his way to a title
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

God, I hope not

I’d quit watching basketball if harden free-throw’ed his way to a title

2021-2022 season - Mark Jackson commentating during Game 7
Houston vs Philly:

“We are watching GREATNESS!”

As Harden attempts his 33rd free throw of the night.

We are 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
eureca wrote:

They can't trade Gordon until the offseason, so they would have to aggregate Capela and Tucker to be able to bring back a high-salaried player.

Unless their trading them for a Buddy Hield or Karl-Anthony Towns, I don't know who they could get to help. I'd play Harden at the 1, surround him with knockdown shooters at the 2 & 3, a stretch 4 and a 5 who can score. Forget D - pace, space and win every game 165-160.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
eureca wrote:

Unless their trading them for a Buddy Hield or Karl-Anthony Towns, I don't know who they could get to help. I'd play Harden at the 1, surround him with knockdown shooters at the 2 & 3, a stretch 4 and a 5 who can score. Forget D - pace, space and win every game 165-160.

Dantoni has been trying this for what 15 years now? With hall of famers too. At some point you need defense
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: