Brandon Ingram or Anthony Davis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Brandon Ingram or Anthony Davis?
Brandon Ingram
17%
 17%  [ 17 ]
Anthony Davis
82%
 82%  [ 78 ]
Total Votes : 95

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I would prefer PG over both.

Wow.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

How is this even a question for anyone who has watched both of their games?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The dude shooting 43% from the field this year and only averaged over 24ppg once … and even in that year shot below average from the field?

Makes sense I suppose

Above average perimeter defender who can shoot from 3. Two of our biggest weakness.

PG would fill those weaknesses, but AD's absence would leave an even more glaring weakness.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CRoost wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AD is like KG that he can set the anchor the team defensively but he ain’t that type of go to guy on offense and imposed his will down the stretch like Duncan did.

BI is like Paul Pierce that he can do everything but does not quite the impact like a franchise change does but he can be number 1 on offense if you have someone like Gobert or AD setting the tone defensively.

It’s like smile now and cry later when we made the move. But the end game for us is always winning it all and gotta roll the dice when you have a chance.

KG was a pretty dominant number 1 guy in Minnesota.

Bottom like is AD needs spacing to operate, it is vogels job to create spacing for him.

So was AD with Pels but can’t rely on both when their teams needed the buckets the most. They can make a clutch stop defensively though.

KG was considerably more talented offensively. This is why KG is like a top 30 player all time though

Nah KG relied more on his midrange jumpshots just like AD. You can argue that KG can muster a better shot but both have no go to moves that looks automatic especially when the game is on the line. With AD, I think he can still develop that spin move with an off hand hook finish which will come handy in the playoff. AD is just on his prime right now . Let’s wait until he’s done but I agree about KG an easy argument on top 30.

KG got more buckets from his own doing, from what i can remember - his fadeaway was awesome.. AD started off the season without being able to hit a midrange j; but it got better...still i wouldn't say it was KG level though

KG also had some elite footwork in the post and moved in general. He was also a much better playmaker for others and imo was even better defensively than AD who is DPOY level himself.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Ingram or Anthony Davis?

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Now that we have familiarized ourselves with AD's strengths and limitations, how does he compare to the main guy we gave up, Brandon Ingram? If you could go back in time before the trade knowing what you know now, who do you pick moving forward?

For the record their stats and shooting percentages are...

Ingram

25.6 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.3 assists

on

48/40/86

Davis

27.1 points, 9.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists

on

50/30/86

A reminder also that—if we disappoint this year and get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round—it's definitely not guaranteed that AD is coming back.

BI
BPM 2.4
VORP 1.5
WS/48 .141
114 O rating 113 D Rating

AD
BPM 6.8
VORP 2.8
WS/48 .258
120 O rating 101 D Rating

These two players are on different planets if you look at advanced analytics.

As a general rule, I'd use advance stats to compare players with similar basic stats AND similar team records
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

But it's not just BI, it's BI, Lonzo, Hart, #4 which they flipped for Hayes and more picks, picks, more picks, swaps. It's championship or bust.

I wonder if we would have improved anyway had we kept the kids and added some shooting. This is either going to work out, or it will be a hard lesson on impatience.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

jury's still out on this trade. if AD re-up with the Lakers even if they come up short at a title this season, then it was a good trade for the Lakers. i can't even think about what would happen here if AD goes elsewhere this summer.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Anyway once you gave away DeAngelo just for dumping mozgov, let julius walk away for nothing and sign a seasoned LBJ, you GOT to trade for AD, no matter what.

And I'm a huge BI believer (less of Lonzo tho)
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't Zion come back soon? If Zion is the core of that team, I wonder how Ingram will fit in.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Doesn't Zion come back soon? If Zion is the core of that team, I wonder how Ingram will fit in.

This season Ingram has shown enough to make wondering how a rookie Zion will fit in rather than the opposite
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

This season Ingram has shown enough to make wondering how a rookie Zion will fit in rather than the opposite

Some of you need to let go of the fit narrative with Ingram..

For a 22 year old he's adjusted to every assignment/role he's been given, that includes playing multiple positions.

This fit narrative is why some of you thought Kuz and Ball, some even Hart, were better options to move forward with. Or better starters.

Ingram can facilitate or be a lead scorer..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

For a 22 year old he's adjusted to every assignment/role he's been given, that includes playing multiple positions.

This fit narrative is why some of you thought Kuz and Ball, some even Hart, were better options to move forward with. Or better starters.

I think that cencio is correct, the Pels are putting things together, Zion is the one who will have to feel his way with the others.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject:

To me the most interesting part of zion return will be seeing if gentry will give brandon more defensive responsibilities while shifting some of his offensive responsibilities (which currently are HUGE) to zion.

That would help brandon in being the real good 2 way player I believe he can be.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

I think that cencio is correct, the Pels are putting things together, Zion is the one who will have to feel his way with the others.

If that is the case I think he'll be fine.. He's a willing passer from what I've seen of him in a limited sample size. Nor is his decision making rushed with the kind of negative kinetic energy that rookies seem to have.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
jury's still out on this trade. if AD re-up with the Lakers even if they come up short at a title this season, then it was a good trade for the Lakers. i can't even think about what would happen here if AD goes elsewhere this summer.

Well, there's a reason why the only folks who actually think there's a real possibility he's going to leave are pretty...well, odd. Some just want to see the team fail because they still haven't moved on from the young players who were traded. And others are just plain unintelligent. There aren't any options available for him that are better than the Lakers.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:19 am    Post subject:

Obviously the answer is D'Angelo Russell.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The dude shooting 43% from the field this year and only averaged over 24ppg once … and even in that year shot below average from the field?

Makes sense I suppose

Above average perimeter defender who can shoot from 3. Two of our biggest weakness.
If you take AD out you create way more problems than not having enough shooters and perimeter defense.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:13 am    Post subject:

Lebron
AD
BI

Oh what could’ve been! That’s your big 3 right there

I found it funny that lakers went out of their way to convince the Pelicans and everyone that would listen that the blood clot was different from Bosh’s and that it wasn’t career ending.

They did the opposite of the smart thing to do, which was to milk it and extend BI at a cheaper price (discount) due to the injury.

I’m glad my guy’s about to get paid tho, full max! He’s probably better off with Zion anyway.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Lebron
AD
BI

Oh what could’ve been! That’s your big 3 right there

I found it funny that lakers went out of their way to convince the Pelicans and everyone that would listen that the blood clot was different from Bosh’s and that it wasn’t career ending.

They did the opposite of the smart thing to do, which was to milk it and extend BI at a cheaper price (discount) due to the injury.

I’m glad my guy’s about to get paid tho, full max! He’s probably better off with Zion anyway.

Brandon surely would have been enthusiastic to play for an organization leveraging a potentially career-ending disease for signing him cheaper
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

Good coaching will/would make that work.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Brandon Ingram or Anthony Davis?

Don Draper wrote:
Now that we have familiarized ourselves with AD's strengths and limitations, how does he compare to the main guy we gave up, Brandon Ingram? If you could go back in time before the trade knowing what you know now, who do you pick moving forward?

For the record their stats and shooting percentages are...

Ingram

25.6 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.3 assists

on

48/40/86

Davis

27.1 points, 9.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists

on

50/30/86

A reminder also that—if we disappoint this year and get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round—it's definitely not guaranteed that AD is coming back.

Ingram did that on a 17 win team sans Zion. AD is sharing with Brawn (fer cripes) on a 9 loss team. Not comparable. AD can be a defensive asset at his best. BI is lanky, but doesn't have it in the can. Laughing at 16 votes for BI on this. Likable kid, still, but flush out your headgear, new guys. This is a slaughter...in favor of AD.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

BI can ultimately be the Pippen to Zion’s MJ so this is a championship or bust for us, only way to judge this trade as a clear win for Lakers. On the flip side, outside of BI, everybody else is replaceable, including Lonzo
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BI can ultimately be the Pippen to Zion’s MJ so this is a championship or bust for us, only way to judge this trade as a clear win for Lakers. On the flip side, outside of BI, everybody else is replaceable, including Lonzo

Uh, I think BI wants to be the Jordan?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

Not over Zion
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

Not over Zion

Yeah, tell that to BI. I think BI has that drive to want to be the man on the team. He's showing that he can be. It was sort of a surprise development as most assumed it would be the Zion show.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: