Brandon Ingram or Anthony Davis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Brandon Ingram or Anthony Davis?
Brandon Ingram
17%
 17%  [ 17 ]
Anthony Davis
82%
 82%  [ 78 ]
Total Votes : 95

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

No mention of defense, only offense?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Are people factoring in defense? Bc AD is a DPOY level player.

I can remember basically 1 NBA champion in the last 30 years that didn't have an elite, go to #1 option.

You can build a championship team without a player like AD. You can't build a championship team without a clear #1 scoring option.

AD needs to proves he demands a double team and can carry a team with his scoring.

Don’t we still have Lebron? Has Ingram proven to be anything that you described? Are you trying to say that his defense doesn’t make any difference to you? I guess I don’t know what point you’re trying to make.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AD is like KG that he can set the anchor the team defensively but he ain’t that type of go to guy on offense and imposed his will down the stretch like Duncan did.

BI is like Paul Pierce that he can do everything but does not quite the impact like a franchise change does but he can be number 1 on offense if you have someone like Gobert or AD setting the tone defensively.

It’s like smile now and cry later when we made the move. But the end game for us is always winning it all and gotta roll the dice when you have a chance.

KG was a pretty dominant number 1 guy in Minnesota.

Bottom like is AD needs spacing to operate, it is vogels job to create spacing for him.

So was AD with Pels but can’t rely on both when their teams needed the buckets the most. They can make a clutch stop defensively though.

KG was considerably more talented offensively. This is why KG is like a top 30 player all time though

Nah KG relied more on his midrange jumpshots just like AD. You can argue that KG can muster a better shot but both have no go to moves that looks automatic especially when the game is on the line. With AD, I think he can still develop that spin move with an off hand hook finish which will come handy in the playoff. AD is just on his prime right now . Let’s wait until he’s done but I agree about KG an easy argument on top 30.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AD is like KG that he can set the anchor the team defensively but he ain’t that type of go to guy on offense and imposed his will down the stretch like Duncan did.

BI is like Paul Pierce that he can do everything but does not quite the impact like a franchise change does but he can be number 1 on offense if you have someone like Gobert or AD setting the tone defensively.

It’s like smile now and cry later when we made the move. But the end game for us is always winning it all and gotta roll the dice when you have a chance.

KG was a pretty dominant number 1 guy in Minnesota.

Bottom like is AD needs spacing to operate, it is vogels job to create spacing for him.

So was AD with Pels but can’t rely on both when their teams needed the buckets the most. They can make a clutch stop defensively though.

KG was considerably more talented offensively. This is why KG is like a top 30 player all time though

Nah KG relied more on his midrange jumpshots just like AD. You can argue that KG can muster a better shot but both have no go to moves that looks automatic especially when the game is on the line. With AD, I think he can still develop that spin move with an off hand hook finish which will come handy in the playoff. AD is just on his prime right now . Let’s wait until he’s done but I agree about KG an easy argument on top 30.

KG got more buckets from his own doing, from what i can remember - his fadeaway was awesome.. AD started off the season without being able to hit a midrange j; but it got better...still i wouldn't say it was KG level though
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I can remember basically 1 NBA champion in the last 30 years that didn't have an elite, go to #1 option.

You can build a championship team without a player like AD. You can't build a championship team without a clear #1 scoring option.

AD needs to proves he demands a double team and can carry a team with his scoring.

Detroit has no clear no.1. It’s whoever got the better shot committee . The last Spurs championship too was more of an equal opportunity offense.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Detroit has no clear no.1. It’s whoever got the better shot committee . The last Spurs championship too was more of an equal opportunity offense.

That Pistons team also had the DPOY.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Don’t we still have Lebron? Has Ingram proven to be anything that you described? Are you trying to say that his defense doesn’t make any difference to you? I guess I don’t know what point you’re trying to make.

Which is why you trade Ingram for AD - you already have your #1 option.

Without Lebron, I’d take my shot building a team around the Ingram I see this year over AD because he has shown more potential to be a go to scorer, which is basically a necessity on a championship team.

AD is a potential DPOY, but you can build a team with great defense without a DPOY.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Without Lebron, I’d take my shot building a team around the Ingram I see this year over AD because he has shown more potential to be a go to scorer, which is basically a necessity on a championship team.

AD is a potential DPOY, but you can build a team with great defense without a DPOY.

Okay I see your point now. Thanks.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the question. Player for player, Davis the answer.

Player for multiple players and picks is not so clear cut for me.

And having James is awesome... if he helps win a championship. Lakers don’t and it will be kind of miserable watching him decline over the next couple seasons and retiring as Ingram starts hitting his prime and collecting Allstar accolades for the next decade.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And having James is awesome... if he helps win a championship. Lakers don’t and it will be kind of miserable watching him decline over the next couple seasons and retiring as Ingram starts hitting his prime and collecting Allstar accolades for the next decade.

That would be rough
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We’re the Los Angeles Lakers and we’ll still have Anthony Davis. I’ll bet you a shiny new nickel that some really good players are gonna want to come play basketball here.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
The Ingram/Ball/#4 pick trade for AD is going to be one we talk about a lot in the future. So much depends on winning the championship this year. Unlike the Raptors and Kawhi, we gave up pretty much a decade of a potential future for this one shot (we really have to hope AD re-signs with us regardless of our playoff success).

if AD re-signs the FO will get a lot of credit and we'll start trying to build this team into something across the next 5 years, 3 of which will be after LeBron is gone and we start scheming for Giannis.

If AD goes elsewhere, the LeBron retirement tour starts that season. And we'll have nothing but another 7 years in the lottery. As we watch Russell, Ingram, Randle, Lonzo all start coming into their own further and owning up the league. And knowing that getting rid of all of them only resulted in us getting "1 year" in the playoffs, and nothing to show for it.

It would be one of those "talked about things" and the Lakers FO in retrospect will be looked at as a circus and a joke and the resignation of Jeanie will start to pick up steam along with fans wanting Pelinka fired. And every analyst will say "they could have waited one season for Anthony Davis" and ignore that they were screaming that BI, and Lonzo, and Russell wouldn't amount to anything in the league, weren't leaders, or were busts.

As it stands right now, Ingram is better than Ben Simmons, and that is something I never thought I'd be saying at this stage in their careers.

So essentially everything.... everything... the Lakers entire future as a franchise for the next 7 years.. rests upon Davis re-signing. If he doesn't... all the youngsters will grow into stars, while we are a lottery bound team hoping to get as lucky to draft such talent draft after draft after draft again. Cause if you think about it getting Randle, Russell, Ingram and Lonzo... was VERY lucky to hit the mark on 4 in a row. Especially considering where some of the other high end picks around them, have wound up.

Last edited by MJST on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If given the choice between

AD/LeBron/Kuzma/Rondo/KCP

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

Well, duh. But come back to reality where things like the second scenario aren't possible.

And AD is going nowhere. A blind squirrel can see that with his eyes closed.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

Well, duh. But come back to reality where things like the second scenario aren't possible.

Till he signs that max contract for us, there's absolutely no guarantee of that.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

It would have been possible if we just waited for AD in free agency, right?
Or would the salary not have worked because of Ingram’s contract scenario?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

Nah. Logo will take the opportunity and pair him with Kawhi with the same PG trade. And win it all after, He’s definitely gonna stay as a Clip.

One bird is worth two in the bush.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

Nah. Logo will take the opportunity and pair him with Kawhi with the same PG trade. And win it all after, He’s definitely gonna stay as a Clip.

One bird is worth two in the bush.

Well, that would’ve been a problem
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

Agreed. The question isn’t AD vs Ingram— it’s AD vs Kuzma. The answer is quite clear IMO. AD is an MVP and DPOY level player whereas Kuzma might maybe be a sixth man of the year type player down the line. AD is vastly superior in virtually every conceivable manner.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Until Inggram has managed to scare opponents to try make layups in front of him, we may want to make another poll.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

Agreed. The question isn’t AD vs Ingram— it’s AD vs Kuzma. The answer is quite clear IMO. AD is an MVP and DPOY level player whereas Kuzma might maybe be a sixth man of the year type player down the line. AD is vastly superior in virtually every conceivable manner.

LOL
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:

and

AD/LeBron/Ingram/Lonzo

I'd pick the latter.

Till he signs that max contract for us, there's absolutely no guarantee of that.

He loves the team's chemistry, loves being on a contender, loves his coach and the staff, and is playing with LeBron James, who is handling their new partnership masterfully. There's no other situation he can go to that's compelling enough for him to walk away from all of this. If there is, say a name. Go ahead.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject:

The proper poll should be "brandon ingram or lebron james?"
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
The proper poll should be "brandon ingram or lebron james?"

Ingram. He’s got 10-15 years left in the league and he’s just getting started.
But I never wanted Teflon ‘Bron in the 1st place, so...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject:

Jeanie loves Brandon. Used to take Selfies with him and still follows and “likes” him on IG. Maybe he’ll be back when he’s 33 and people are questioning if he’s a Washed King himself.
Cassano18
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:12 am    Post subject:

I'm reading LG for years. And this is the stupidest thread I've ever seen. I mean, by far.

And it's a shame it's still unlocked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: