Why aren't we the fans putting up with this situation with refs

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timebandit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:10 am    Post subject: Why aren't we the fans putting up with this situation with refs

Please hear me out!! With this last Lakers game...Anthony Davis gets fouled in the eye I mean hit in the face refs looking at the play as we are! No foul called at home!! And 💯 if we are at warriors house they would get the call real quick at home, but Lakers at home don't get calls @ all going their way? I really don't understand this billion dollar business why the NBA is letting this happen day in and day out! We the fans paying good money to see these games. Allowing the NBA to get away 💯 percent with these bad refs who are on the floor 😒 😤 with no call at home! If we were at the warriors they easily get calls if the Lakers were at their house. But we are at Home!!! Still don't get calls?? I'm personally tired of this crap!!! NBA have been getting away controlling games to allow other teams win for their own benefit..This is bulls..t,We the fans are not doing anything!! To put the NBA in its place!!!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Why aren't we the fans putting up with this situation with refs

timebandit wrote:
Please hear me out!! With this last Lakers game...Anthony Davis gets fouled in the eye I mean hit in the face refs looking at the play as we are! No foul called at home!! And 💯 if we are at warriors house they would get the call real quick at home, but Lakers at home don't get calls @ all going their way? I really don't understand this billion dollar business why the NBA is letting this happen day in and day out! We the fans paying good money to see these games. Allowing the NBA to get away 💯 percent with these bad refs who are on the floor 😒 😤 with no call at home! If we were at the warriors they easily get calls if the Lakers were at their house. But we are at Home!!! Still don't get calls?? I'm personally tired of this crap!!! NBA have been getting away controlling games to allow other teams win for their own benefit..This is bulls..t,We the fans are not doing anything!! To put the NBA in its place!!!

The Lakers have a HUGE disparity in their favor in both free throws and overall fouls. HUGE. Billy Mac brings it up every game. The refs miss calls and some of the refs just aren’t very good but they’ve proven themselves willing and able to call fouls against the Lakers opponents.

The NBA benefits from the Lakers going as far as possible, the Lakers = high ratings. Any attempt to hold the Lakers back makes no logical sense and would just be shooting themselves in the foot.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject:

We’re used to it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Why aren't we the fans putting up with this situation with refs

Treble Clef wrote:
The Lakers have a HUGE disparity in their favor in both free throws and overall fouls. HUGE. Billy Mac brings it up every game. The refs miss calls and some of the refs just aren’t very good but they’ve proven themselves willing and able to call fouls against the Lakers opponents.

The NBA benefits from the Lakers going as far as possible, the Lakers = high ratings. Any attempt to hold the Lakers back makes no logical sense and would just be shooting themselves in the foot.

lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject:

I heard doing the game that average number of free throws per game has dropped every month since the beginning of the season.

As in the refs are calling less and less fouls per game. Is this correct?

If so what does it imply? Considering the Lakers rely on getting to the line, this isn’t a good thing for them
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Why aren't we the fans putting up with this situation with refs

Treble Clef wrote:
timebandit wrote:

Yea, this is gonna be hard for the diehard faithful, but we got NO room to complain about foul (and free throws) compared to other teams (we ALL can complain about the overall state of the refs though). The disparity is freaking gigantic in free throws and it would probably be wise to keep a low profile on that front.

Whatever went on last night, that's a different story.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:41 am    Post subject:

I don't care about the quantity of calls as much as I just care about some sense of consistency. It is like watching baseball and a pitch in the same spot is fluctuating between a strike and a ball. That is incredibly frustrating as a fan and I imagine it is really hard for someone to learn the game while watching.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sponsored by FanDuel

Every parlay needs to hit.

I don't expect anything more.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: