2020 NFL Offseason Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: 2020 NFL Offseason Thread

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/07/browns-mascot-swagger-the-dog-dies-at-6/

Quote:
Browns mascot Swagger the dog dies at 6

Swagger, a bull mastiff who served as the Cleveland Browns’ mascot and stood by his team through a lifetime of losing records, has died at the age of 6.

“Swagger unfortunately has passed away completely unexpected this afternoon,” Justin McLaughlin, whose family owned Swagger, wrote on Facebook. “A lot of people did not know Swagger had been dealing with cancer for the past year. Today he had a stroke and it took his life. We will always remember him as the most loving dog we have ever encountered. His love was felt by thousands of people literally all over the world!”

Swagger retired in October and was replaced by his son, Swagger Jr., also known as SJ, in November.

The Browns brought the 145-pound Swagger on as a mascot during the 2014 season, and he fit right in with the Dawg Pound. He was known for enthusiastically running onto the field before home games and taking pictures with fans.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/08/panthers-will-host-prom-of-school-destroyed-by-tornado/

Quote:
Panthers will host prom of school destroyed by tornado

The Panthers have an indoor facility that primarily is used for practice. Soon, it will be used for something else.

Via Alex Andrejev of the Charlotte Observer, the Panthers will host the the North Central High School prom. The Camden, South Carolina school was destroyed last month by a tornado.

“Students were torn out of their school the second half of their senior year,” said Renee Mitchell, the North Central prom committee advisor. “They were upset about not graduating at their high school and I think this has given them a boost.”

The Panthers also will donate weight-room equipment and practice uniforms. The team also donated $5,000 to repair the school’s scoreboard.

The school, which has 500 students, will be closed indefinitely.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see him sign with the Rams. Put some pressure on Goff to improve.

Quarterback Philip Rivers and the Chargers are Parting Ways After 16 Seasons

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

He will probably sign with a Florida team. I don't see him packing up his entire family to move there and then still work in California. This is the guy who commuted to games in LA while his family was still in San Diego.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

He will probably sign with a Florida team. I don't see him packing up his entire family to move there and then still work in California. This is the guy who commuted to games in LA while his family was still in San Diego.

Good point. You're probably right.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

ESPN: Josh Norman ready for 'something new and fresh' after Redskins release

I'd like to see the Colts try to sign him on a bargain deal. If Norman doesn't want to sign on a smaller deal, hard pass.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ESPN: Josh Norman ready for 'something new and fresh' after Redskins release

I'd like to see the Colts try to sign him on a bargain deal. If Norman doesn't want to sign on a smaller deal, hard pass.

He looks pretty much done.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

NFL reinstates Myles Garrett from indefinite suspension; Browns announce they will welcome him back

LINK

I listened to Garrett and I'm conflicted about his guilt or innocence. He said when he was taking Mason Rudolph down Mason called him a stupid N.

There's controversy because there's no audio of the accusation. Rudolph's mouth was right next to Garrett's ear. I don't see how any audio could be picked up because during play they are turned off. Also it may have been whispered. If whispered during play it may not have been heard by any player close to the play because of all the grunting and crowd noise.

Rudolph is also at fault. He tried to pull Garrett's helmet off first. When separated he followed Garrett who was being held. His suspension was warranted.

I watched the take down, which I thought was unnecessary and warranted a flag. The striking at Rudolph's head with a helmet warranted the suspension.

Video

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

As in any accusation one should listen to all evidence before making a decision. I'll confess to being tribal at the outset thus conflicted. I have much respect for Mike Tomlin. Listening to him on First Take this morning kinda moved the needle. Weighing all presented at this time I'm more inclined to believe Rudolph.

‘I Took Offense To It,’ Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin Defends QB Mason Rudolph During Myles Garrett Situation

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
NFL reinstates Myles Garrett from indefinite suspension; Browns announce they will welcome him back

LINK

I listened to Garrett and I'm conflicted about his guilt or innocence. He said when he was taking Mason Rudolph down Mason called him a stupid N.

There's controversy because there's no audio of the accusation. Rudolph's mouth was right next to Garrett's ear. I don't see how any audio could be picked up because during play they are turned off. Also it may have been whispered. If whispered during play it may not have been heard by any player close to the play because of all the grunting and crowd noise.

Rudolph is also at fault. He tried to pull Garrett's helmet off first. When separated he followed Garrett who was being held. His suspension was warranted.

I watched the take down, which I thought was unnecessary and warranted a flag. The striking at Rudolph's head with a helmet warranted the suspension.

Video

NFL already conducted an investigation, they couldn’t find any evidence of Rudolph saying that word: no player, brown or Steeler can confirm Garrett’s claim. And there’s Garrett’s behavior also. Why did he take so long to bring it up? Is it a coincidence that he brought it up only after his sentencing was before him? To me it looks totally made up.

And yeah, like Mike Tomlin said, Rudolph was fined for getting beat up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Video

NFL already conducted an investigation, they couldn’t find any evidence of Rudolph saying that word: no player, brown or Steeler can confirm Garrett’s claim. And there’s Garrett’s behavior also. Why did he take so long to bring it up? Is it a coincidence that he brought it up only after his sentencing was before him? To me it looks totally made up.

I wonder how he'll affect the Cleveland locker room? It's in a bit of chaos now.

Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Video

I wonder how he'll affect the Cleveland locker room? It's in a bit of chaos now.

Not well if this issue keeps coming up, specially during the season. Maybe Tomlin’s SAS interview will quell things.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Video

Not well if this issue keeps coming up, specially during the season. Maybe Tomlin’s SAS interview will quell things.

Where will OBJ go next.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Video

Where will OBJ go next.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I thought this story was funny

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/28/barry-sanders-has-fun-with-garth-brooks-fans-misunderstanding/

Quote:
Barry Sanders has fun with Garth Brooks fans’ misunderstanding

We may have found the candidate to truly unite the country.

After a simple misunderstanding led some fans to disavow country music star Garth Brooks, former Lions running back Barry Sanders injected the right note of levity (and sanity) to the situation.

To make a long viral story short, Brooks played a concert in Detroit, and went on stage wearing a Barry Sanders jersey.

Sanders, you might recall, wore number 20.

But a certain subset of the internet thought Brooks was endorsing Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, and the Internet ensued, with all kinds of insane online responses to a fairly benign choice of shirt.

Like Barry Sanders, Brooks went to Oklahoma State, so he was just being a fan for a second (and/or perhaps pandering a bit to local football fans).

Barry Sanders, like he did on so many football fields, saw the hole and hit it quickly.

Barry Sanders

@BarrySanders
Hey @garthbrooks, want to be my VP? #Number20for2020 https://twitter.com/jasoncvincent/status/1233151700585926656

Jason Vincent
@jasoncvincent
Facebook forgot who Barry Sanders is and is freaking out at Garth Brooks for wearing a jersey and I’m dying.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
12:12 PM - Feb 28, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
10.9K people are talking about this
It’s a little late to start a campaign, but he would have a good chance to win a swing state in Michigan, and perhaps the folks in Hawaii who always loved the Honolulu Blue.

UPDATE 1:00 p.m. ET: Garth is in!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/28/tony-romo-stays-with-cbs-at-17-million-per-year/

Quote:
Tony Romo stays with CBS, at $17 million per year

At times it seemed like it was going to be close enough to make a grown man say “ooooo” and “eeeee.” In the end, however, Tony Romo opted to stay put.

John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that Romo has signed a long-term deal to stay at CBS. Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports that the deal is worth an unprecedented $17 million per year.

Under his last contract with the Cowboys, Romo was making $18 million per year.

ESPN was believed to be interested in hiring Romo, whose three-year deal at CBS had expired. And some ridiculously big numbers had been bandied about. CBS had a right of first refusal under its prior contract with Romo.

As Ourand notes, the deal shows that CBS intends to have an NFL deal when the current contracts renew. That process is expected to commence once the NFL and NFL Players Association finalize a new CBA.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Video

Where will OBJ go next.

would love for the steelers to get him, but they don't have the cap space. Maybe NE to try to keep Brady there
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106265/article/jaguars-to-trade-de-calais-campbell-to-ravens

As if the Ravens needed more help on defense.

RIP Sacksonville
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106265/article/jaguars-to-trade-de-calais-campbell-to-ravens

As if the Ravens needed more help on defense.

RIP Sacksonville

We know they're defense will be good, I want to see how lamar jackson will perform next season. The blueprint on how to stop him is out, thanks to the titans. Lets see if he can make the necessary adjustments next season. Marshall Yanda retired, that's going to hurt they're OL
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

David Johnson being traded by the Cardinals to the Texans for DeAndre Hopkins.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Colts trade first round pick (#13) to Niners for DeForest Buckner. Source: Link
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:

Bill O'Brien only gets a 2nd rounder from the Cards, plus they have to give up a 4th rounder. Highway robbery for the Cards here. Poor Deshaun Watson.

Lots of stuff going on. The Colts just traded the 13th overall pick to the 49ers for DeForest Buckner, and then the Colts signed him to a deal paying him $21MM annually, the 2nd-richest DT contract ever behind only Aaron Donald.

Stefon Diggs posted on social media that "something's going to happen", and this is following the Vikings giving Kirk Cousins a 2-year extension.

Austin Hooper signs with the Browns. Falcons trade for Hayden Hurst. Bears looking at Nick Foles or Andy Dalton.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:

You can imagine how people are reacting to this in Houston. BOB is smarter than people think, but I'm struggling to make sense of this one.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:

You can imagine how people are reacting to this in Houston. BOB is smarter than people think, but I'm struggling to make sense of this one.

I think he's a poor coach and even worse GM. Giving Cobb more than $18MM guaranteed on the same day that they received an underwhelming return for Hopkins--especially after seeing what the Vikings got for Diggs--has to sting.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Chin loses Clowney and now Hopkins for essentially nothing.

Watson is very good but he is going to need to be transcendent now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27
Jump to: