Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 22245
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)

Howdy

As the title says I need to get rid of cable. I'm tired of giving them the level of money I give them considering how little I actually watch tv outside of sports. I wanted to ask fellow sports folks the best options for cord cutting while still being able to watch live sports.

Resources and advices greatly appreciated
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 3754
Location: South Orange County

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Depends on what kind of sports you watch, but go onto Reddit and check our MLB Streams. This was eye opening to me. Every single game including the blocked Dodgers are streamable for free and the quality is excellent. I’m sure the same thing exists for the NBA, Etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38783
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Depends on what kind of sports you watch, but go onto Reddit and check our MLB Streams. This was eye opening to me. Every single game including the blocked Dodgers are streamable for free and the quality is excellent. I’m sure the same thing exists for the NBA, Etc.


for some reason, NBA stream page was "banned" after the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38783
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)

TDRock wrote:
Howdy

As the title says I need to get rid of cable. I'm tired of giving them the level of money I give them considering how little I actually watch tv outside of sports. I wanted to ask fellow sports folks the best options for cord cutting while still being able to watch live sports.

Resources and advices greatly appreciated


I know there are market issues, blackouts, etc., but if you are talking about live sports on cable like ESPN, Fox Sports, etc., I used the Hulu live service for a while and it was solid for the price.

**or you can always do the Ebay Amazon Firestick with Kodi option, and get basically everything globally with no monthly fee.

If it is just for you, the Firestick option is great.....but if you have kids or elderly people in the home, it can be a challenge to navigate for some people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26605

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Depends on what kind of sports you watch, but go onto Reddit and check our MLB Streams. This was eye opening to me. Every single game including the blocked Dodgers are streamable for free and the quality is excellent. I’m sure the same thing exists for the NBA, Etc.


Yeah, I've been championing these Reddit streams the last few years. Both the NBA and MMA streams went down within the last 2 months. Huge bummer for me.


I'm looking into IPTV based on a few recommendations.. Anyone try Nitro IPTV?
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26605

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched


What're you using now dude?
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched


What're you using now dude?


It’s a gamble but I still use some of the same sites that used to be on reddit for mma, NBA and boxing. I’ll dm you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 9249
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Depends on what kind of sports you watch, but go onto Reddit and check our MLB Streams. This was eye opening to me. Every single game including the blocked Dodgers are streamable for free and the quality is excellent. I’m sure the same thing exists for the NBA, Etc.


Yeah, I've been championing these Reddit streams the last few years. Both the NBA and MMA streams went down within the last 2 months. Huge bummer for me.


I'm looking into IPTV based on a few recommendations.. Anyone try Nitro IPTV?


ACEStreams

https://blog.fastestvpn.com/acestream-channels/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 4910
Location: Anaheim

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Directv is expensive now too..

I just cant cut the nfl package though...

I dont want to be stuck with local fox and cbs games only...

Any good nfl steaming services that are reliable?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 5231
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched


What're you using now dude?


It’s a gamble but I still use some of the same sites that used to be on reddit for mma, NBA and boxing. I’ll dm you


hit me too
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 22245
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)

adkindo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Howdy

As the title says I need to get rid of cable. I'm tired of giving them the level of money I give them considering how little I actually watch tv outside of sports. I wanted to ask fellow sports folks the best options for cord cutting while still being able to watch live sports.

Resources and advices greatly appreciated


I know there are market issues, blackouts, etc., but if you are talking about live sports on cable like ESPN, Fox Sports, etc., I used the Hulu live service for a while and it was solid for the price.

**or you can always do the Ebay Amazon Firestick with Kodi option, and get basically everything globally with no monthly fee.

If it is just for you, the Firestick option is great.....but if you have kids or elderly people in the home, it can be a challenge to navigate for some people.


Thanks kindly.

The Firestick/Roku/alladat is completely foreign to me so I'm researching all of that. I shall look into ye Firestick.

And then I've heard YouTube's tv thing is great for sports, I've heard Sling is... So yeah. I'm checking into all of that.

Disclosure: I'm under control for NBA games unless something happens to that option (Hehe), but I want to figure out how to access NBATV if at all possible, and then there are other sports I watch as well (and some other TV but I'm most concerned about losing mah sports! lol)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16878

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched


What're you using now dude?


It’s a gamble but I still use some of the same sites that used to be on reddit for mma, NBA and boxing. I’ll dm you


hit me too


Got you huey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Nov 2017
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched


What're you using now dude?


It’s a gamble but I still use some of the same sites that used to be on reddit for mma, NBA and boxing. I’ll dm you


hit me too


Got you huey


PM Please. I was using the reddit stream page as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3584
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Go to the Reddit IPTV page it's got plenty of good recommendations. Most IPTV packages contain MLB NBA NFL NHL and PPV no blackouts also most cable channels and many local channels in lots of different countries. Do your research and try them out. Most are really cheap and have a try out for a day or 2.

Cost of mine is like 26 bucks a quarter for 2 connections.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137303
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

I play the special package game. I got DirectTV for 2 years at $39 a month. That expired so I got Spectrum yesterday for a year at $45 a month. And I will shop around a year from now.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 22245
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I play the special package game. I got DirectTV for 2 years at $39 a month. That expired so I got Spectrum yesterday for a year at $45 a month. And I will shop around a year from now.


I have a few friends who do that. That’s too much work for me lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 10060

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Depends on what kind of sports you watch, but go onto Reddit and check our MLB Streams. This was eye opening to me. Every single game including the blocked Dodgers are streamable for free and the quality is excellent. I’m sure the same thing exists for the NBA, Etc.

r/nbastreams was banned during the offseason, and r/nflstreams is kind of hit and miss. A stream will be working fine, and then it suddenly cuts out, and you can spend another 20 minutes trying to find another decent one. Don't think I've ever been able to watch an entire game on the same stream.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 52258
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Try the Amazon FireStick. You get Netflix, ESPN, Showtime, latest movies and so much more. The stick runs about $38.00. You just plug it in, register it and go. Just say Electa show football.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 29418

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Cut cable a month ago and don’t miss it.

Will probably get NBA LP plus vpn for Lakers games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 30081

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Youtube TV has nba games, but it's $50/month, which coupled with your internet costs, would equal the cost of cable. But, you can suspend your account any time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 29418

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Youtube TV has nba games, but it's $50/month, which coupled with your internet costs, would equal the cost of cable. But, you can suspend your account any time.


They don’t have Spectrum Sportsnet though. So you only get nationally televised games I believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 22245
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Try the Amazon FireStick. You get Netflix, ESPN, Showtime, latest movies and so much more. The stick runs about $38.00. You just plug it in, register it and go. Just say Electa show football.


Noice Thanks kindly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 1887

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I play the special package game. I got DirectTV for 2 years at $39 a month. That expired so I got Spectrum yesterday for a year at $45 a month. And I will shop around a year from now.

As someone who wants to do this, any particular challenges or advice? Pay like a chump for lousy Spectrum triple package now at a ridiculous rate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cheapedy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Agree with getting a Firestick. If you have a friend or relative with DirecTV or cable, ask if they can "lend" you their account info. Then you can put all the network apps (espn, hbo, sho, amc, tnt, tbs, fx, mtv etc.) on it and watch shows and movies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB