BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Another Black man shot by police - Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin

It's not getting any better.

Chris Paul made mention of this today after a OKC win over the Rockets. I had no knowledge of it. I've been watching basketball all day so I can't attest to whether or not major new outlets reported it.

I'm not going to rush to judgment. This video doesn't look like Blake was resisting. I counted 7 seven shots. Fortunately "Blake is still alive.

Wisconsin police shoot a Black man as his children watch from a vehicle, attorney says

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

It sucks but police brutality headlines are so common that we're not even batting an eye when another one pops up. It's like mass shootings. We're growing numb to it and it's bull-(bleep).
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

The man's three children -- 3, 5 and 8 -- were in the car.

Why open fire into a car with kids in it? WHY?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
It sucks but police brutality headlines are so common that we're not even batting an eye when another one pops up. It's like mass shootings. We're growing numb to it and it's bull-(bleep).

The shocking thing is that even with all the extra scrutiny and people videoing all these shootings, cops keep committing them knowing they are likely being caught on camera.

If that's not an indictment of how broken the system is, I don't know what is.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Regulatory law should enable lawsuits to be filed against police union retirement funds by the victims and their families. That will get the attention of the cop rank and file.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject:

I saw the video and it certainly did not look justified to me, I'm thinking the cops are gonna say they thought he was reaching in the car to retrieve a gun.

But, if some can explain the mentality of this guy to me, he simply ignores the instructions of armed policemen to STOP, that's ALL he had to do is STOP and he would not have gotten shot!

A policemen with a his gun outs orders me to stop, and I'm going into Ice-statue mode...!

Lastly, since it was a black man, that helps fan the current social flames, but I think if a white guy had done the same thing, he would have gotten shot too...!
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject:

another man who didnt obey cops commands and resisted arrest, who has an open warrant for his arrest get shot by police
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
another man who didnt obey cops commands and resisted arrest, who has an open warrant for his arrest get shot by police

Or . . . Another unarmed man who (likely was familiar with police aggression in the past) was not making an aggressive move, was shot in the back multiple times, with children in the vehicle, by at least one of at least three officers on the scene.

It ain't enough to be a crime to drive while black. Now, it is just getting into your car.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLCF4Tiqg4

Yes the man was stupid, or not thinking, or not listening, or in fear, or whatever. Now, if it becomes a death penalty, or attempted death penalty, for being stupid, we would easily thin the herd by 50% or more.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Or . . . Another unarmed man who (likely was familiar with police aggression in the past) was not making an aggressive move, was shot in the back multiple times, with children in the vehicle, by at least one of at least three officers on the scene.

It ain't enough to be a crime to drive while black. Now, it is just getting into your car.

he had a knife and whatever he was reaching for in his car, but ok go with your narrative that the media has fed into your mind.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

As I said I was made aware of this shooting by Chris Paul. It's no longer shut up and dribble. Athletes voices have joined the fray.

Not only are they speaking on social injustice they're stumping on get out and vote. In that vein they are reaching the 18 year old crowd. Athletes voices resonate loudly at that age. I'm sure the call will be answered. Those youngsters are going to the polls. I don't know for sure but I have a gut feeling they will be voting for Joe and Kamala.

Again I say to Gianna Floyd, DADDY CHANGED THE WORLD

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

What knife?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:

he had a knife and whatever he was reaching for in his car, but ok go with your narrative that the media has fed into your mind.

I only paid attention to this story this morning. I have not heard what the media has said, and only watched the video, where it appears, once again, the police use the color of the law to execute (or attempt to anyway) a man by shooting him in the back with children present.

So, OK, you go with your narrative that shooting a man in the back is OK. It's OK to open fire with children mere feet away.

We, obviously, disagree.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yes the man was stupid, or not thinking, or not listening, or in fear, or whatever. Now, if it becomes a death penalty, or attempted death penalty, for being stupid, we would easily thin the herd by 50% or more.

Death penalty for being stupid? So no more GOP/QAnon?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

any chance this shooting was orchestrated by Trump or his base? purpose is to rile up the BLM movement, causing nation-wide protests, and then mix in some neo-Trump "protesters" to start rioting. that'll bolt well for Trump's re-election chance according to some. i know it's highly unlikely, but not 100% impossible.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Death penalty for being stupid? So no more GOP/QAnon?

Why didn't they arrest him, stop by Burger King and get him a hamburger on the way to jail. Dylann Roof Inequality at it's apex.

Is it really necessary to shoot a man in the back 7 times?

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:
ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I only paid attention to this story this morning. I have not heard what the media has said, and only watched the video, where it appears, once again, the police use the color of the law to execute (or attempt to anyway) a man by shooting him in the back with children present.

So, OK, you go with your narrative that shooting a man in the back is OK. It's OK to open fire with children mere feet away.

We, obviously, disagree.

beauty of being in a FREE country we can agree to disagree have a great day
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

Agreeing to disagree is one thing. Accusing another poster of being manipulated by the media and thus insulting his intelligence is another.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

US(W)A

United States of (White) America

pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Agreeing to disagree is one thing. Accusing another poster of being manipulated by the media and thus insulting his intelligence is another.

intelligence has nothing to do with someone being manipulated by the media, I never insulted anyone's intelligence that is your opinion not mine, there are alot of highly intelligent people are prone to manipulation in the world
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Wilt wrote:
pmacla wrote:

intelligence has nothing to do with someone being manipulated by the media, I never insulted anyone's intelligence that is your opinion not mine, there are alot of highly intelligent people are prone to manipulation in the world

True enough, but you were clearly wrong in your assessment of me.

I wonder if just maybe, perhaps, possibly, you were projecting your susceptibility to being manipulated on to me.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Wilt wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I wonder if just maybe, perhaps, possibly, you were projecting your susceptibility to being manipulated on to me.

I apologize that it came off that way
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Wilt wrote:
pmacla wrote:

LINK

gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
ribeye wrote:
pmacla wrote:

The problem is trigger happy policing. Guns are the last resort, not first.

Somebody would be a billionaire if they could design a better non lethal weapon to descalate affairs like this. Something better than a taser. Something that was built into a gun like the way there is a stun and kill setting on Star Trek phasers.

I know this isn’t an easy solution.

Looking forward to a day where this isn’t an issue.

Bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 51 of 76
Jump to: