BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Not siding with pepper spraying. IMO Lieutenant Nazario could have avoided being sprayed if he'd done what he was asked in the beginning.

I understand why he didn't stop in a dark secluded area. When he did reach the gas station when asked to get out of the car, he should have.

The tone of the police officers is what they do. Training in that area should be addressed.

Virginia police officer fired after Black Army lieutenant is pepper-sprayed and handcuffed during traffic stop

LINK

The cop who was fired threatened him - even stating that he was thinking of executing him. Lt. Nazario expressed his valid concerns about exiting the vehicle under those circumstances. The Lt. was sitting in his car, not attempting to flee and had his hands out the window. He was given conflicting instructions from the two officers. He is no way to blame for what happened.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

The officer in last night's police shooting in Minneapolis drew and fired their gun in an apparent attempt to use their taser. This is an officer who needs to be fired charged with manslaughter and should never again be allowed back into law enforcement.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Not siding with pepper spraying. IMO Lieutenant Nazario could have avoided being sprayed if he'd done what he was asked in the beginning.

I understand why he didn't stop in a dark secluded area. When he did reach the gas station when asked to get out of the car, he should have.

The tone of the police officers is what they do. Training in that area should be addressed.

Virginia police officer fired after Black Army lieutenant is pepper-sprayed and handcuffed during traffic stop

LINK

The cop who was fired threatened him - even stating that he was thinking of executing him. Lt. Nazario expressed his valid concerns about exiting the vehicle under those circumstances. The Lt. was sitting in his car, not attempting to flee and had his hands out the window. He was given conflicting instructions from the two officers. He is no way to blame for what happened.

What you say is true. IMO if he had exited the vehicle he wouldn't have been sprayed. I understand his concerns. Another Black man was shot today. I believe it was a female officer who fired the shot.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

ARMY LT. TRAFFIC STOP
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ARMY LT. TRAFFIC STOP
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED

The police were very unprofessional if they offered these threats.
Quote:
Attorney Arthur says the officers' conduct was egregious ... allegedly lying on the police report and also apparently telling Nazario if he doesn't complain they won't destroy his military career.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The officer in last night's police shooting in Minneapolis drew and fired their gun in an apparent attempt to use their taser. This is an officer who needs to be fired charged with manslaughter and should never again be allowed back into law enforcement.

So Daunte Wright was pulled over for expired tags and an air-freshener hanging from the rear view mirror . . . serious stuff right?

Then police run him for warrants because such serious infractions can't be dealt with by giving a verbal warning. It turns out he has a warrant for missing a Zoom hearing . . . a hearing they sent notice of to the wrong address . . .

So Wright had no idea he had a warrant. So, a young black man finds himself being put in handcuffs by a bunch of white cops for what he believes is no reason, so he panics and tries to get away. Only to be shot and killed by an inept cop who "mistook" her service weapon for a taser . . .

And some people wonder why others are angry.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how someone can mistake a taser for a handgun. Humans do make mistakes but my goodness, this was not a rookie, she had 26 yrs on the force. She is not someone who should have access to a lethal weapon.

She has been a cop for 6 years longer than that poor kid was alive.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

USA: Justice for Some, Not All

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Whoopsie, I accidentally killed your son, so sorry. His plates were expired and he had air fresheners on his rear view mirror.

Whoopsie, I accidentally killed your dad, so sorry. He was selling cigarettes on the street.

Whoopsie, I accidentally killed your brother, so sorry. He might have passed a bad twenty dollar bill.

Whoopsie, I accidentally killed your fiance', so sorry. He reached for the permitted gun like he told me he was going to.

Whoopsie, I accidentally killed your little boy, so sorry. He was playing with a toy gun in the park.

I'd go on but it is too depressing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
I don't know how someone can mistake a taser for a handgun. Humans do make mistakes but my goodness, this was not a rookie, she had 26 yrs on the force. She is not someone who should have access to a lethal weapon.

She literally said, "Oh $#!t! I shot him . . ." like she was stunned that such a thing could happen after she pointed a loaded gun, in front of her own face, for several seconds. That's a level of incompetence that is incomprehensible and inexcusable for an officer of any level of experience.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
SweetP wrote:

She literally said, "Oh $#!t! I shot him . . ." like she was stunned that such a thing could happen after she pointed a loaded gun, in front of her own face, for several seconds. That's a level of incompetence that is incomprehensible and inexcusable for an officer of any level of experience.

Handguns and tasers are worn on opposite sides of the body. A trained officer is well affair of this. The department is coming to her defense.

Ben Crump, the Johnnie Cochran of Blacks killed by the police is Daunte Wright's attorney. He's not well spoken but he seems to be efficient.

The officer who shot Daunte resigned. Mayor Mike Elliott has not yet accepted her resignation. The police chief has also resigned. If I have it right they'll both get their pensions. Also with those resignations be eligible to work for another police agency.

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

What should be quite notable is that these encounters over miniscule things start at a flash boil. On a scale of 1 to 10, they start at 15. That Lt. was greeted with a gun in his face, after they already saw he had paper tags in his window and was not in any violations. George Floyd was greeted with a gun in his face, over an alleged fake $20 bill.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

overseer = officer
(and vice-versa)
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
What should be quite notable is that these encounters over miniscule things start at a flash boil. On a scale of 1 to 10, they start at 15. That Lt. was greeted with a gun in his face, after they already saw he had paper tags in his window and was not in any violations. George Floyd was greeted with a gun in his face, over an alleged fake $20 bill.

Yeah, that is what is so appalling, these cops come with guns pointed, screaming various orders that are sometimes contradictory and then getting madder that their orders are not instantly followed. And sometimes they are shouting these orders at people who are mentally ill, under the influence or distraught not to mention now completely terrified.

And I am sick of people saying "oh if they would just comply and follow orders". Doesn't really matter, they can still end up dead. Trigger happy cops are looking for an excuse or so jittery they shoot in seconds, seeing everyone as a threat to themselves.

Edit to add, I know being a cop is a difficult and dangerous job, it's not one I would want. But if you chose to do it you need to do it properly. Being an ER doc is also not easy but you freak out and kill the patients you're supposed to treat, you aren't suited for that job either.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Not a single police officer in Brooklyn Center lives in Brooklyn Center.

Just like Fergerson. These cops don't live with or interact with the folks they are "serving and protecting".

Fosters their biases that the citizens are "them" and cops are "us", IMO.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

A great summation of what it is to be black in America:

Link
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
A great summation of what it is to be black in America:

Link

It's hard for me to read that and not want to burst into tears. I'm a middle-aged white woman and this (bleep) has *me* traumatized. It's hard to fully comprehend the depth of the daily trauma that is experienced in the black community.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Illustrations allow insight, insight only. Experience is the best teacher. I don't know what it's like to be White or Asian, I can only surmise. That shoe is left and right.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

Etan Thomas
@etanthomas36
“If you have a Black friend and you don’t understand their pain right now, you don’t have a Black friend, you simply know a Black person”
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

So, what happens when a white man in Minnesota drives away from cops trying to detain him while a cop clings to his vehicle and the driver beats the cop with hammer while escaping . . . Any guesses?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

Cariol Horne....SAY HER NAME.

Former Buffalo officer who stopped fellow cop's chokehold on suspect will get pension after winning lawsuit

Quote:
Horne gained national attention in 2006 when she said she stopped officer Greg Kwiatkowski's chokehold on Neal Mack.

"Neal Mack looked like he was about to die," Horne told "CBS This Morning" in an interview in 2020. "So had I not stepped in, he possibly could have. He was handcuffed and being choked."

She was ultimately fired in 2008, mere months before she was eligible to receive her full pension.

They wrongfully and vindictively took this woman's career and pension. Sullied her good name. 13 years it took for her to get a pension back that was rightfully hers...all for being a 'Good Apple.' I know should be happy, but I am SOOOOO angry right now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
So, what happens when a white man in Minnesota drives away from cops trying to detain him while a cop clings to his vehicle and the driver beats the cop with hammer while escaping . . . Any guesses?

Had he been a person of color he would have been pepper-sprayed or shot in the first 30 seconds or less.🤬 The second video is so disturbing. Army Lt. Caron Nazario (Black-Latino) was pepper sprayed for not exiting his car. No apology offered.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Had he been a person of color he would have been pepper-sprayed or shot in the first 30 seconds or less.🤬 The second video is so disturbing. A lieutenant in the US Army was pepper sprayed for not exiting his car.

Not just pepper sprayed. Both cops had him at gun point and one of them threatened by execute him, literally.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

This Adam Toledo police cam footage is so sad.
https://twitter.com/ndelriego/status/1382780999851970562

Prosecutor tried to say he had a gun too
https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/prosecutor-who-said-adam-toledo-had-gun-in-his-hand-not-fully-informed/
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm not going to watch a video of a child being killed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 68 of 76
Jump to: