Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Great win tonight. And Padres look like they'll finally bone up and do us a solid. If they pull off another, just 1 game back coming off an off-day...

Did I speak too (bleep) soon?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

f'in finally. 9-6. 1.5 back
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Pagan somehow got out of that, and let me tell you, he was really lucky to do so. After the back-to-back walks to start the inning, he fell behind 2-0 on Crawford, who popped up a center-cut fastball on the 2-0 pitch. Then he went to 3-2 on Longoria before getting him to fly out. Then he went to 3-2 on Duggar, who chased a high fastball well out of the zone for strike 3.

And Trea has now had his last 2 AB's taken away from him by the umpire, who was calling balls both outside and inside as strikes to him. It's just that Trea is so fast that his last AB resulted in the infield single. But make no mistake, he was chasing the ball because of the umpire's ridiculous calls.

He was throwing absolute meatballs to Longoria, who was just fouling them right back. What a (bleep) inning that was.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

With 2 outs and nobody on, Belt bunted on the shift for an easy single. Then a wild pitch and a Posey single made it 9-6, and if Wade had reached, the tying run in Kris Bryant would have come up. They just don't die easily, that's for sure.

Giants will be huge favorites tomorrow, as they have Gausman going, while the Padres don't have an announced starter in what will likely be a bullpen game. Their rotation is in shambles right now. They won tonight because their best healthy pitcher at the moment, Musgrove, started. And they still gave up 6 runs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Pagan somehow got out of that, and let me tell you, he was really lucky to do so. After the back-to-back walks to start the inning, he fell behind 2-0 on Crawford, who popped up a center-cut fastball on the 2-0 pitch. Then he went to 3-2 on Longoria before getting him to fly out. Then he went to 3-2 on Duggar, who chased a high fastball well out of the zone for strike 3.

And Trea has now had his last 2 AB's taken away from him by the umpire, who was calling balls both outside and inside as strikes to him. It's just that Trea is so fast that his last AB resulted in the infield single. But make no mistake, he was chasing the ball because of the umpire's ridiculous calls.

He was throwing absolute meatballs to Longoria, who was just fouling them right back. What a (bleep) inning that was.

He had no command at all. Couldn't land his slider, and his fastball was either right down the middle or way off the plate, all inning long. Crawford could've taken a strike on 2-0 and possibly worked a walk out of it, but he got a 2-0 cookie and popped it up. Really reminded me of Daniel Murphy's AB against Kershaw in relief of Game 5 of that NLDS, when Murphy was on everything and got a 2-0 fastball right down Broadway and popped it up.

Need to get lucky tomorrow, so let's hope Gausman doesn't have it.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Great win tonight. And Padres look like they'll finally bone up and do us a solid. If they pull off another, just 1 game back coming off an off-day...

Honestly, we might run the table. It seems like when Urias, Buehler and Scherzer pitch, we win those 3.

It's really up to Kershaw and Gonsolin to pick up the other games.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Giants play at 12:45pm today. They have 16 games left. We need them to probably lose 4 of them (That means we can only lose 2 the rest of the way to catch them).

Where will the losses come from? Let's look at their remaining schedule:

Quote:
vs. SD

vs. ATL
vs. ATL
vs. ATL

@ SD
@ SD
@ SD

@ Col
@ Col
@ Col

vs. Ari
vs. Ari
vs. Ari

vs. SD
vs. SD
vs. SD

I can see them losing 1 game each series, except for the Arizona series. That would put them at 4 losses.

At least there's a good chance that SD has something to play for by that last series.

Here's our remaining schedule (15 games left):

Quote:
@ Cin
@ Cin
@ Cin

@ Col
@ Col
@ Col

@ Ari
@ Ari
@ Ari

vs. SD
vs. SD
vs. SD

vs. Mil
vs. Mil
vs. Mil

Pretty tough schedule and I think we can only lose 2 games. We have to go 13-2 and the Giants go 12-4.

That last series vs. Mil we have a good chance of sweeping since I don't think they have anything to play for at that point.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Giants play at 12:45pm today. They have 16 games left. We need them to probably lose 4 of them (That means we can only lose 2 the rest of the way to catch them).

Where will the losses come from? Let's look at their remaining schedule:

Quote:
vs. SD

vs. ATL
vs. ATL
vs. ATL

@ SD
@ SD
@ SD

@ Col
@ Col
@ Col

vs. Ari
vs. Ari
vs. Ari

vs. SD
vs. SD
vs. SD

I can see them losing 1 game each series, except for the Arizona series. That would put them at 4 losses.

At least there's a good chance that SD has something to play for by that last series.

Here's our remaining schedule (15 games left):

Quote:
@ Cin
@ Cin
@ Cin

@ Col
@ Col
@ Col

@ Ari
@ Ari
@ Ari

vs. SD
vs. SD
vs. SD

vs. Mil
vs. Mil
vs. Mil

Pretty tough schedule and I think we can only lose 2 games. We have to go 13-2 and the Giants go 12-4.

That last series vs. Mil we have a good chance of sweeping since I don't think they have anything to play for at that point.

Before this homestand, I was saying to myself that we need to go 18-3 in the last 21 to win the division. After taking the last six, now it's 12-3, which seems doable. I can see us dropping one in Cincy, one in Colorado and possibly one vs. the Padres.

This weekend will be huge man, with the Braves taking on the Giants. Braves will have Morton and Fried for Friday and Saturday's game so they'll be tough for the Giants. If the Braves can take 2 of the 3, that would be amazing for us.

But we need to take care of business against Cincy. I feel confident that we have Buehler, Scherzer and Kershaw going for us.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Honestly, we might run the table. It seems like when Urias, Buehler and Scherzer pitch, we win those 3.

It's really up to Kershaw and Gonsolin to pick up the other games.

What a luxury it is to know you have 2 of Kershaw, Buehler, Scherzer and Urias in every series the rest of the way.

If the offense is merely just serviceable, we should have no problem going 12-3 or 13-2 the rest of the way.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Before this homestand, I was saying to myself that we need to go 18-3 in the last 21 to win the division. After taking the last six, now it's 12-3, which seems doable. I can see us dropping one in Cincy, one in Colorado and possibly one vs. the Padres.

This weekend will be huge man, with the Braves taking on the Giants. Braves will have Morton and Fried for Friday and Saturday's game so they'll be tough for the Giants. If the Braves can take 2 of the 3, that would be amazing for us.

But we need to take care of business against Cincy. I feel confident that we have Buehler, Scherzer and Kershaw going for us.

Not 12-3. I'm saying 13-2 if the Giants only lose 4 more. We're 2 losses behind them.

If we go 12-3, then Giants need to lose 5 more and go 11-5.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
What a luxury it is to know you have 2 of Kershaw, Buehler, Scherzer and Urias in every series the rest of the way.

If the offense is merely just serviceable, we should have no problem going 12-3 or 13-2 the rest of the way.

That's been our problem all year. We beat up on bad pitching. But we get shut down by good pitching.

Just recently, we got shut down by Wainwright, Snell, and SF.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

That's been our problem all year. We beat up on bad pitching. But we get shut down by good pitching.

Just recently, we got shut down by Wainwright, Snell, and SF.

This is all too true but the Dodgers are not the Lone Rangers here. We all know, or should, that good pitching will beat good hitting in what, 8-9 outta 10 times? What a good playoff team needs is patient hitters and some speed to manufacture runs. The Dodgers have both. Still, good pitching will beat them unless the Dodgers have good pitching as well.

Then, its up to the gods. . . and they can be damned fickle.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to try again to not jinx the game

SD: 4
SF: 0

middle of the 5th. Gausman getting battered around, close to 100 pitches in 5ip.

Bullpen game for SD
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

middle of the 5th. Gausman getting battered around, close to 100 pitches in 5ip.

Bullpen game for SD

Didn't they have a miracle comeback & walkoff last time?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Bullpen game for SD

Didn't they have a miracle comeback & walkoff last time?

I believe they were down 3 and got two guys on instantly and then hit a 3 run homer to tie. Literally within minutes of the post
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

SD 7
SF 2
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

4 MORE OUTS UNTIL ONE FULL GAME BACK!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Oh shirt, SD has inserted Pagán into the game.

Now I know why they burned witches. No one wants Pagánism.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

3 MORE OUTS!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

1 GAME BACK
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
3 MORE OUTS!!

got'em
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

DONE DEAL!!!

Those damn SOB's still didn't go quietly, scoring 1 run each of the last 4 innings!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers and Giants opponents this weekend.

Dodgers at Reds: Reds are 3-7 in their last 10 games. They are still fighting for a wild card spot.

Braves at Giants: Braves are 5-5 in their last 10 games. They have a 3.5 game lead in their division.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dodgers and Giants opponents this weekend.

Dodgers at Reds: Reds are 3-7 in their last 10 games. They are still fighting for a wild card spot.

Braves at Giants: Braves are 5-5 in their last 10 games. They have a 3.5 game lead in their division.

Not sure about the Kersh start on Sunday but anything other than taking 2/3 this weekend is an utter failure and can seal the division for SF.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I don’t know if we can sweep Cinci in Cinci but boy are they playing bad right now.

Also don’t see the Braves taking any games @ San Fran.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 178 of 395
Jump to: