Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
My only regret is Ryu not being able to bask in the glory of the WS win. He was an integral part of the Dodgers' success for so many years and deserves recognition.

Sure, it would have been nice because I like Ryu too, but HE chose the $ so HE has to live with that decision.

I see no reason why the Dodgers wouldn’t have offered him any contract after the year he had last year, so he just chose the financial security that TOR was willing to give him. It’s not a bad choice, but just something he has to accept when leaving a team that had been to the WS in 2 of the 3 seasons prior.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
My only regret is Ryu not being able to bask in the glory of the WS win. He was an integral part of the Dodgers' success for so many years and deserves recognition.

Sure, it would have been nice because I like Ryu too, but HE chose the $ so HE has to live with that decision.

I see no reason why the Dodgers wouldn’t have offered him any contract after the year he had last year, so he just chose the financial security that TOR was willing to give him. It’s not a bad choice, but just something he has to accept when leaving a team that had been to the WS in 2 of the 3 seasons prior.

Maybe I missed something. Is there some information indicating that Ryu is struggling to cope with his decision to leave the Dodgers?
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
I'm not too excited about David Price coming back. He's entering his age 35 season and his ERA in his last 2 years has risen sharply. He looks to be almost washed up, imo. Hopefully Gonsolin and May take the next step.

Decent no. 4 guy and major boost in having big game experience, probably wouldn't get shook up as much as the youngsters did in the postseason.

Buehler
Kershaw
Urias
Price
May/Gonsolin/Gray/White/Santana

I guess if you put it that way. For some reason I still see him as an Ace even though he hasn't pitched like one in years, he also has a hefty price tag for being a no. 4 starter at this point of his career.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

Maybe I missed something. Is there some information indicating that Ryu is struggling to cope with his decision to leave the Dodgers?

Nope. Not at all. He's got a nice stack of cash to cheer him up.

I like the guy. I was just stating that he could have been a part of this championship team if he chose to put winning above maximum earnings. No one can fault the guy for taking the money, but you also can't be sorry for him either when he missed out on a championship because he chose the money first.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

I like the guy. I was just stating that he could have been a part of this championship team if he chose to put winning above maximum earnings. No one can fault the guy for taking the money, but you also can't be sorry for him either when he missed out on a championship because he chose the money first.

So if there’s no new information, then I don’t get it. If I remember, he signed with Toronto last year? He made his decision last year?

You’re just reminding people not to feel sorry for him this year? Will you be back in 2021 to remind people again? I don’t get it.

The dude performed while he was here. He left graciously, didn’t say a word.

We win a championship. Your mission is to remind people that Ryu is the one who “has to live with his decision”?

If Ryu is not actively out there asking Dodger fans to feel sorry for him, why the need for the reminder?

Contracts and business aside though, is it ok to just remember Ryu the human being and former Dodger?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

I wonder if the national league is going to permanently go to the DH. That would be good for a player like JT.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
We're getting David Price for next season and possibly lose some hitters. I'd say even with those potential losses we have enough talent to potentially repeat. But the one factor which is probably a bigger factor in baseball than other sports is the wave of momentum a team can ride on lesser talent to get to and win the World Series is players getting hot at the right moment.

You just dont know how much that 2014 Giants title still annoys me when we were so much better than them in every possible way.

Dude, I was living up in San Francisco during that championship. Oh my god, that was horrible.

I was at the 17-0 Dodger beatdown of them at AT&T and was feeling soooo good about out chances (we had Kershaw and Greinke leading our rotation, Hanley, Puig, Kemp, Gonzo, Ethier for crying out loud).

Even my Giant-fan friends wanted no part of us in the playoffs as we owned them that year.

I've never seen a more lucky team man. That was just a miserable existence man. Us flaming out again and then watching them win it again.

So glad that's over and now we have ours.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

Really gonna miss Kike if he does leave.

He is just the ultimately guy to have on the team, chemistry-wise. Just so much fun to be around, it seems.

I'll never forget the time (I think he was on injured list) when he showed up on the bench in the banana costume...lol

And lest we forget him gyrating as he warmed up to pitch in extra innings against Philly in 2017.

Love love love Kike.

Also, agree that JT needs to be brought back.

Feel with his age, he'll take a lesser deal and if we have the DH, that'll be perfect for him.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
We're getting David Price for next season and possibly lose some hitters. I'd say even with those potential losses we have enough talent to potentially repeat. But the one factor which is probably a bigger factor in baseball than other sports is the wave of momentum a team can ride on lesser talent to get to and win the World Series is players getting hot at the right moment.

You just dont know how much that 2014 Giants title still annoys me when we were so much better than them in every possible way.

Dude, I was living up in San Francisco during that championship. Oh my god, that was horrible.

I was at the 17-0 Dodger beatdown of them at AT&T and was feeling soooo good about out chances (we had Kershaw and Greinke leading our rotation, Hanley, Puig, Kemp, Gonzo, Ethier for crying out loud).

Even my Giant-fan friends wanted no part of us in the playoffs as we owned them that year.

I've never seen a more lucky team man. That was just a miserable existence man. Us flaming out again and then watching them win it again.

So glad that's over and now we have ours.

That year is the biggest what if for me because we were the best team in baseball that year whereas the year before the 2 best teams in baseball actually did meet in the World Series. Kershaw was at his peak. Greinke was in prime. Ryu was the best #3 in all of baseball. Dee Gordon of all people made himself into an all star. Puig had his best full year in the league of his career. Gonzo was still a nice slugger. My favorite player, The Bison was a top 5 hitter in baseball the 2nd half of 2014 and it carried into the playoffs. Carl Crawford was on such a ridiculous hot streak (look at his Batting average in September - it is mindblowing over 0.440) he went from being a 0.230 hitter at midseason to hitting exactly 0.300 at the end of season. And I remember the game you are talking about - when we destroyed Tim Hudson and and his relief replacement - our old friend - The Freak Timmy Lincecum.

Game 1 was decisive. We destroyed Adam Wainwright to lead 6-0 but Kershaw's meltdown lost us that game and forced us to use him on short rest in game 4. Had we won that game, game 5 would have been at Dodger Stadium against Kershaw and I would love to see if they try beating us with Wainwright again. Then we would have played the Giants which would have been perfect. Then its the 2014 Royals who were not ready yet.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Really gonna miss Kike if he does leave.

He is just the ultimately guy to have on the team, chemistry-wise. Just so much fun to be around, it seems.

I'll never forget the time (I think he was on injured list) when he showed up on the bench in the banana costume...lol

And lest we forget him gyrating as he warmed up to pitch in extra innings against Philly in 2017.

Love love love Kike.

Also, agree that JT needs to be brought back.

Feel with his age, he'll take a lesser deal and if we have the DH, that'll be perfect for him.

still remember Kike's 3 home run game against the Cubs in 2017 NLCS to knock them out of the postseason. Then trash can started banging
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

So if there’s no new information, then I don’t get it. If I remember, he signed with Toronto last year? He made his decision last year?

You’re just reminding people not to feel sorry for him this year? Will you be back in 2021 to remind people again? I don’t get it.

We win a championship. Your mission is to remind people that Ryu is the one who “has to live with his decision”?

If Ryu is not actively out there asking Dodger fans to feel sorry for him, why the need for the reminder?

Contracts and business aside though, is it ok to just remember Ryu the human being and former Dodger?

There's nothing to get. He was a Dodger, and he was good while here. He left on his own choice and it's too bad he didn't get a ring. No need to feel sorry for him.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

There's nothing to get. He was a Dodger, and he was good while here. He left on his own choice and it's too bad he didn't get a ring. No need to feel sorry for him.

Got it. You are quite clear.

You’ve driven home the point numerous times.

No one feel sorry for Ryu.
Don’t you dare, under any circumstances, feel sorry for Ryu
DON’T FEEL SORRY FOR RYU!!!!

Got it.

What I don’t get is why is this so important to you today, on Oct 29, 2020, two days after we won the WS... why is this so important to you that no one under any circumstances should feel sorry for Ryu?

Why did you feel that need to provide us with this public service announcement?

Will there be more to come for other players?

Don’t feel sorry for Yu Darvish?
Don’t feel sorry for (Fill in the blank)...

Maybe next year:
Don’t feel sorry for Joc.
Don’t feel sorry for Kike.

Or is this message solely for Ryu? I get the message. I don’t get why it’s important/necessary to you. Thanks for the public service announcement though?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

Got it.

What I don’t get is why is this so important to you today, on Oct 29, 2020, two days after we won the WS... why is this so important to you that no one under any circumstances should feel sorry for Ryu?

Maybe next year:

Or is this message solely for Ryu? I get the message. I don’t get why it’s important/necessary to you. Thanks for the public service announcement though?

The only player I wish was on this team because he bled Dodger blue through and through and was part of the Kershaw generation as well as being the hitter equivalent to our pitcher Kershaw was Matt Kemp. That homerun against Chris Sale in game 1 to score our first run hit me different than it would have if anyone else had done it. The trade to the Reds angered me because you knew Kemp bled Dodger blue so much and worked so hard to be productive for us to the point he made himself into an all star again. Puig I could care less and Wood I understood but Kemp was different
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

Got it.

Maybe next year:

The only player I wish was on this team because he bled Dodger blue through and through and was part of the Kershaw generation as well as being the hitter equivalent to our pitcher Kershaw was Matt Kemp. That homerun against Chris Sale in game 1 to score our first run hit me different than it would have if anyone else had done it. The trade to the Reds angered me because you knew Kemp bled Dodger blue so much and worked so hard to be productive for us to the point he made himself into an all star again. Puig I could care less and Wood I understood but Kemp was different

Maybe you’re not allowed to feel sorry for Kemp either? Let’s wait and see what Lamar says.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I wonder if the national league is going to permanently go to the DH. That would be good for a player like JT.

Somewhere I saw it mentioned that it will probably go back to normal I tilt the next bargaining agreement. The reasoning was that since it would be good for the players (more starting positions) that the owners wouldn’t just give it to them without getting something in return. I agree with that reasoning but would love to be wrong, especially considering the offense we currently have and the opportunity it gives us to keep JT even when he starts to decline on defense.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

The early chatter seems to be that they won't have it next year, but that it's all-but-certain for '22 and beyond, since a new CBA will be drawn up.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

It does suck for Ryu to miss out considering it’s the year right after he left. But it’s also true that he left on his own accord, whatever his reasons were. I think we can be both bummed that he wasn’t here/missed out on a championship and also be happy for him getting a big contract that he deserved. I’m sure he’s happy for his old teammates, and happy with his current contract and team. That will outweigh any feelings of “missing out” which is only human nature.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
It does suck for Ryu to miss out considering it’s the year right after he left. But it’s also true that he left on his own accord, whatever his reasons were. I think we can be both bummed that he wasn’t here/missed out on a championship and also be happy for him getting a big contract that he deserved. I’m sure he’s happy for his old teammates, and happy with his current contract and team. That will outweigh any feelings of “missing out” which is only human nature.

Exactly. And I'm also sure his ex-teammates are happy for him.

I don't think any of his teammates have the attitude of:

Quote:
HE chose the $ so HE has to live with that decision.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:

The early chatter seems to be that they won't have it next year, but that it's all-but-certain for '22 and beyond, since a new CBA will be drawn up.

Thanks. I consider myself old school but the DH is growing on me.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:

Thanks. I consider myself old school but the DH is growing on me.

I think it's time to do it. Just have the same baseball in both leagues. Before (or maybe it was during) the World Series, Manfred also said that he liked the extra innings rule with the runner starting the inning at second base (for the regular season), and that they like expanding the postseason to more than 10 teams, though not with as many as 16 like they had this year. So to me, that means that it would be 6 or 7 teams per league, and that means a bye for one or two teams in a round.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Out of curiosity, does David Price get a World Series ring with the Dodgers? Sure he opted out from playing this season, but technically he was a Dodger when they won.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
Out of curiosity, does David Price get a World Series ring with the Dodgers? Sure he opted out from playing this season, but technically he was a Dodger when they won.

It’s not a hard and fast rule. It’s up to each team on how they want to treat it and how generous they want to be.

I know if he does get one, there will be some awkward feelings next year at the ring ceremony. No one will say anything but the players will think it’s BS. Especially when he gets congratulatory handshakes from the other players. That will just be an awkward moment. He should try and miss that night somehow.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Let’s not forget that Price paid salaries for our minor leaguers when mlb wasn’t going to. He’s definitely part of this team and organization even if he hasn’t pitched an inning yet, imo.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
David Price next year, Andrew Friedman's creativity with offseason moves...no reason we shouldn't be a juggernaut next year again! Not saying we'll win another championship, but we should be a tough out for a long time.

I wonder if they trade Price.

For sure, the rotation will be:

1) Buehler
2) Kershaw
3) Urias

Then we have Price, May, Gonsolin. That’s 6. Of course, we always need depth. If Price is on the team, he’s guaranteed a spot. That means either May or Gonsolin gets the Stripling role. Wonder which one they’ll choose.

Also, Gray might be ready next year as well.

Wonder if we bring back Wood for cheap again?

Can't have enough pitching depth. Price is an injury waiting to happen.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I think Kike is gone.

Hopefully Turner is back on a reduced deal 2 years 10 million or less. Maybe a incentive heavy deal as he's spent a lot of time on the DL.

Hope they bring back Trienen but less than 10 million.

Baez back with a slight raise.

Wood back with an incentive based deal.

I think they will make room for Lux, Mitch White and Rios on the opening day roster. It's time to fish or cut bait with Lux.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 3 of 395
Jump to: