Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
For a championship aspiring team, we make horrible mistakes (i.e. inability to sac fly, fielding errors, running errors, etc.). Just inexcusable, and it almost cost us in game 5 last series.

We also gifted them a run in the first. And you could say any runs off Gonsolin are a gift.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

It’s fine. This series ends 4-1, ATL got their lone desperate win.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

Rough loss. But I still think we got this.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Low Leverage Trea....

Guy never hits when a team really needs him and only gets hits in low leverage situations. Not that this is a surprise since he pulled this (bleep) in Washington as well. Like I said....another Piazza.......choker when it really matters.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

At least it didn't go extra inning and then a loss. Our players looked a bit tired. Hopefully they get good sleep and come back strong. Usually we score a lot after a low scoring game.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

We might lose this series in 4 or 5 if we don’t have an offense. I expect us to do better though. Where did our power go?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

We play station to station baseball.

We need 3 hits/walks to score. We got a walk from Taylor, and a base hit from Bellinger - no score.

Out opponents steal. Braves scored twice after getting a steal to get into scoring position. Analytics don’t believe in steals but it does hurt us.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm not worried. Considering we flew in yesterday, after playing a tough game Thursday. Pitching our ball pen, we still had a chance to win it and lost it making mental mistakes. I have faith in our best pitchers to turn it around starting tomorrow. Braves ain't no Giants.
Let's go Dodgers!!
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Hope Belli is in the line up tomorrow playing center. He would of caught that ball.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

Guy never hits when a team really needs him and only gets hits in low leverage situations. Not that this is a surprise since he pulled this (bleep) in Washington as well. Like I said....another Piazza.......choker when it really matters.

Idk if I’d go that far but his game is so reliant on creating hits rather than getting actual hits. It’s tough to watch sometimes and why I think we will never pay him long term and why Washington didn’t want to either. It’s even tougher for him now because the power seems to be gone and it’s mostly infield or bloop hits.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

I blame this game and a lot of games on the wholesome choking of "Low Leverage Trea". Dont let the 2 hits fool you....this guy will never get a hit in a high leverage playoff situation.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

Piazza never played in many playoff games with us fwiw. We got wiped out by the Reds in 1995 so he never came up in many big spots; our pitching was so bad there’s no way we could have won . In 1996 we played closer games but it was still a 3 game sweep. That’s it; Todd Worrell never had a chance to blow a playoff game as a Dodger because he never pitched in a save situation (in the playoffs as a Dodger).
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
At least it didn't go extra inning and then a loss. Our players looked a bit tired. Hopefully they get good sleep and come back strong. Usually we score a lot after a low scoring game.

That’s all it was really. A hang over BP game on the road. Still if we won this I think the Braves would’ve completely lied down.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

Idk if I’d go that far but his game is so reliant on creating hits rather than getting actual hits. It’s tough to watch sometimes and why I think we will never pay him long term and why Washington didn’t want to either. It’s even tougher for him now because the power seems to be gone and it’s mostly infield or bloop hits.

His game sounds like Ichiro.

How was Ichiro at getting hits when needed?
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

That’s all it was really. A hang over BP game on the road. Still if we won this I think the Braves would’ve completely lied down.

Yeah. It was definitely a winnable game. So fricking close.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
I'm not worried. Considering we flew in yesterday, after playing a tough game Thursday. Pitching our ball pen, we still had a chance to win it and lost it making mental mistakes. I have faith in our best pitchers to turn it around starting tomorrow. Braves ain't no Giants.
Let's go Dodgers!!

I agree as this was a MuST win for the Braves as they trotted out their ace against our bullpen and we almost pulled it out despite a billion mistakes
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

One thing I noticed during the regular season is that we were always really bad with 1 day rest. Record was 14-10. Looking at the post-season, we are 2-3 in those situations (i.e. one day rest). We luckily broke that trend in game 5 of the Giants series (our wins were WC game and G5).

Last edited by leor_77 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I hate being on the other side of a walk off. Its the worst feeling.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

Piazza never played in many playoff games with us fwiw. We got wiped out by the Reds in 1995 so he never came up in many big spots; our pitching was so bad there’s no way we could have won . In 1996 we played closer games but it was still a 3 game sweep. That’s it; Todd Worrell never had a chance to blow a playoff game as a Dodger because he never pitched in a save situation (in the playoffs as a Dodger).

I well remember Piazza's at bats in the playoffs and at bats in critical games from 1995-1997. He is a choker through and through. I know a choker when I see him and he is a choker. Eric Karros on the other hand.....whether he gets out or not, he always made good at bats in crunch time and he is half as talented as Piazza. You give me a choice though between the two of them with my life on the line, Im going Karros 10 times out of 10. Piazza had the look and at bats of a loser in critical moments. Karros was steady
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

In his rookie year he was super clutch but i don’t remember if he was clutch after that year.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

I well remember Piazza's at bats in the playoffs and at bats in critical games from 1995-1997. He is a choker through and through. I know a choker when I see him and he is a choker. Eric Karros on the other hand.....whether he gets out or not, he always made good at bats in crunch time and he is half as talented as Piazza. You give me a choice though between the two of them with my life on the line, Im going Karros 10 times out of 10. Piazza had the look and at bats of a loser in critical moments. Karros was steady

It was a while ago and I was still a kid so I wouldn’t have noticed as much if he was a choker. Also our lineups were pretty weak for the most part. It’s not like we had a lot of clutch hitters. I remember a lot of double plays and stranded runners from some of those Dodger teams.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

In his rookie year he was super clutch but i don’t remember if he was clutch after that year.

Ive seen enough of Ichiro especially against Korea to know he is clutch. You think winning MLB playoff games is clutch????? Try Korea vs Japan....10 times the intensity and animosity of Yankees vs Red Sox and if you know the history between these two countries, you will know there is no debate.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

There are players who are average or below average during the season but step it up in big games. It seems like Trea is the opposite. He just doesn't have it in big games. I hope I am wrong and we see the regular season Trea tomorrow.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

There are players who are average or below average during the season but step it up in big games. It seems like Trea is the opposite. He just doesn't have it in big games. I hope I am wrong and we see the regular season Trea tomorrow.

Thats the thing with Trea Turner. In the playoffs, this guy can go 3 for 4 but the 1 out will be during a critical at bat in a high leverage playoff situation that he will have a horrible at bat whereas when our offense is humming or when there is no one on base or the opposing pitcher is shaky, those will be the times Trea Turner will get a hit. You cant look at numbers with this guy in the playoffs, he is a choker.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Snipes wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Low Leverage Trea....

Yea i saw he was a choker from the first playoff game I ever saw of him when he batted leadoff for Washington after batting 0.342 in the regular season. I knew this guy did not have it. Now with experience some guys do improve their "clutchness" like Belli and Seager - both of whom were also bad at bats in critical moments in the past. Trea Turner, however, still does not have it. If a pitcher makes his pitch in a high leverage moment in the playoffs, low leverage Trea will be 99% out.

Ditto AJ Pollock who also still does not have "it." As pathetic as these guys are in the highest leverage situations, I almost would prefer Julio Urias batting than these two in the biggest moments. Urias has everything you want in a clutch player. This guy is Fernando, Schilling, Bumgarner, Morris level clutch
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 291 of 395
Jump to: