Lakers To Target Serge Ibaka
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine if we somehow kept Dwight as well. Three headed monster of Dwight, Ibaka, and AD.

I don’t think that the Lakers adding Ibaka would set well with Dwight.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine if we somehow kept Dwight as well. Three headed monster of Dwight, Ibaka, and AD.

They have completely different roles and wouldn't play together.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

you simply hate the lakers! Anything they may do you are negative
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, it would probably take a portion of the MLE to keep Dwight so if we're giving Serge the full MLE, then it probably means that Howard is gone.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Unfortunately, it would probably take a portion of the MLE to keep Dwight so if we're giving Serge the full MLE, then it probably means that Howard is gone.

I hear you and you are probably right, unless serge takes a bit less?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I don’t get the impression anyone expects Dwight to stay though. He played super well this year and of course ended up with a Ring so the thought is he’s going to go after one last big contract. Which makes sense to me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

He should get all he can (and every other player too), their earning window is short.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Apparently Dwight responded positively to the tweet about Ibaka possibly joining the Lakers. As for money, I’m not sure we know what Dwight has as a priority. He went through some pretty dark times (by his own description) and he seemed to find a bliss this year. He has made over $250 million just in NBA money, so maybe a few million more from another team may or may not close the deal for him.

Wouldn’t hold it against him if he went for the biggest offer. But practically speaking, he might be choosing between like $2.5m and the taxpayer MLE ($5m).
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Ibaka
AD
LBJ
Bradley
DRose
that.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Ibaka
AD
LBJ
Bradley Beal
DRose
that.

lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Ibaka sounds like a perfect fit. I think the Lakers would benefit from having a big that can hit the 3. This would spread the floor for AD and Lebron but still keep rim protection.

I don’t know Ibaka ability to keep up with small ball like Houston. Hopefully he isn’t a liability in this type of play like Howard and McGee
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

For those who have watched Ibaka more than I have lately, how good is he at running the floor in transition and finishing? Can he help us at all in the area of defending tall wings at times like Giannis or Tatum?
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I am cool with Ibaka, but I would want to bring everyone back except for Dwight and Morriis (we won’t be able to pay them).

Bradley/Rondo
Green/KCP/Caruso
James/Tucker/Dudley
Davis/Kuzma
Ibaka, Cousins

Obviously we would need to add another player behind James, maybe Green? Plus we have the 28th pick...
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Dwight replied to Shannon Sharpe's terribly (funny) rendered Photoshop of him, AD, Ibaka and Lebron with the "fumes coming out of your nose" emoji, which in Instagram-speak, means "pumped-up passion about a particular topic".
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Apparently Dwight responded positively to the tweet about Ibaka possibly joining the Lakers. As for money, I’m not sure we know what Dwight has as a priority. He went through some pretty dark times (by his own description) and he seemed to find a bliss this year. He has made over $250 million just in NBA money, so maybe a few million more from another team may or may not close the deal for him.

Wouldn’t hold it against him if he went for the biggest offer. But practically speaking, he might be choosing between like $2.5m and the taxpayer MLE ($5m).

Pretty much my thoughts. He gave his entire salary he earned during the bubble to charity which was a bit under a million I believe. If some team he feels good about overpays or gives him an insane 3-5 years then I don't blame him for leaving in the slightest but I don't think most gm's are going to be throwing that at him because they still saw all his previous years and the couple times during even our Playoff's where he got close to going off the rails but was able to ultimately keep it together.

He's a guy that genuinely cares what people think about him almost too much probably at times and he was clearly more happy and appreciated this last season then he has been in quite awhile on top of winning a Championship. We'll see what other teams do because I have a feeling this is going to be a (bleep) crazy end of the month fa/trade frenzy but even with Ibaka or another full MLE pickup I don't see Dwight out for sure at all.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I don’t think the Lakers adding Ibaka would sit well with any team you are rooting for at the time. (Pelicans, Warriors, Clippers, Jerry West, etc.)
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Ibaka is not a guy I had on my radar at all for the Lakers.

I do think he is a good player and could help, but personally I would not sign him if it means we lose Dwight as Dwight was fantastic last season and we have other guys who can do what Ibaka does but we don't have anyone else who can do what Dwight did last year.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I have become a big D12 guy, I thought he was great for us last season in every way.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I do think he is a good player and could help, but personally I would not sign him if it means we lose Dwight as Dwight was fantastic last season and we have other guys who can do what Ibaka does but we don't have anyone else who can do what Dwight did last year.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I have become a big D12 guy, I thought he was great for us last season in every way.

Problem is when teams go small Dwight is not able to play. Ibaka, on the other hand, can guard forwards and keep up. If it's a choice between the two, I'll take Ibaka every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

I could be wrong but I don't think the signing of SI means DH is gone. I'm thinking the odd man out is McGee. Ibaka essentially takes McGee's place in the lineup, and moves to the 4 when DH enters the game. I think both DH & the Lakers want him back to mix w/Ibaka at the 5.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

Ibaka is so, so much better than McGee and fits better than Howard. Ibaka automatically becomes the Lakers best shooter on the team and would probably be the Lakers 3rd best player imo. Just feels like a Vogel move that he'd be big on since he prefers playing 2 bigs in the starting lineups. Ibaka has fallen off on the defensive end and can't really move his feet, but feel like Vogel will get the best out of him and playing with AD & Bron will nullify his weaknesses on the defensive end. Ibaka arguably might be the perfect fit with Bron & AD imo of all the free agents due to his shooting and pick n pop/pick n roll ability. On offense, Ibaka would play the Bosh/Love role with Bron on the Lakers. I don't want to get my hopes up too much since tons of teams will be interested in Ibaka, but he would be the perfect free agent pick-up for the Lakers imo.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

If Houston or The Clips added Ibaka, their team would improve tremendously. He may only improve us by 20-25%, but he would make our competition a whole lot better. The fact that Ibaka won’t take the court space away from Lebron or Davis would be amazing for our floor spacing.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Really? I'm thinking the opposite since McGee would be the one SI would replace. A three headed monster of AD, DH, & SI at the 5 would be great, with two of them easily able to move to the 4 when match ups dictate.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

The thing about Ibaka is he's the ideal 3rd guy next to Bron and AD. Rim protector, 3 ball, automatic on a pick and pop. I love Dwight too but if's between the to, I'm taking Ibaka. Mcgee should still be here to eat up minutes at C during the regular season for AD.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Getting DeMar via DG/Kuz hurts shooting but if we can replace McGee with Serge, we've replaced that shooting. In an ideal world, Harkless takes BAE and Dwight signs for the minimum. Then maybe there's a trade out there McGee/Cook/28th.

But if Bradley opts out, things change quickly and the MLE has to go (at least in part) to getting pg help... regardless of a DeMar trade or not
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Getting DeMar via DG/Kuz hurts shooting but if we can replace McGee with Serge, we've replaced that shooting. In an ideal world, Harkless takes BAE and Dwight signs for the minimum. Then maybe there's a trade out there McGee/Cook/28th.

But if Bradley opts out, things change quickly and the MLE has to go (at least in part) to getting pg help... regardless of a DeMar trade or not

Can Bradley opt out of his contract? Or are you suggesting that Bradley may opt out of playing due to Covid-19 reasons?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: