DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
Given how DS is playing. Would anybody trade. Off season straight up... DS for Lonzo? (Assume salaries work ignoring we probably cant accept S&Ts next year anyway. All in theory).

Wouldn't even think about entertaining that imo

Lonzo might have a slight edge on defense but the offense of Schroder is another entire level or two above Lonzo and makes us extremely dangerous on both ends plus he's also not injury prone. Most importantly though I think he's a significantly better fit on this specific roster. This is coming from someone who's actually a fan of Ball.

Schroder hasn't even found his stroke yet which will def. only get better.

Lonzo isn’t good enough to be the main PG on a contender. Hard to be a PG in this league who can’t either shoot or penetrate. I would want him back to be a secondary playmaker to LeBron though. I would trade Kuzma.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
hype wrote:
_#1_ wrote:
Given how DS is playing. Would anybody trade. Off season straight up... DS for Lonzo? (Assume salaries work ignoring we probably cant accept S&Ts next year anyway. All in theory).

Lonzo might have a slight edge on defense but the offense of Schroder is another entire level or two above Lonzo and makes us extremely dangerous on both ends plus he's also not injury prone. Most importantly though I think he's a significantly better fit on this specific roster. This is coming from someone who's actually a fan of Ball.

Lonzo isn’t good enough to be the main PG on a contender. Hard to be a PG in this league who can’t either shoot or penetrate. I would want him back to be a secondary playmaker to LeBron though. I would trade Kuzma.

Yeah, i'd love him back in that role just not for Schroder but I also wouldn't want to lock him in at a huge contract if that's what he's seeking.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

DS for Lonzo? What are we smoking? Lonzo is just not that good or he would’ve got extended by now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Who’s a better PG Jrue or Schroeder?

Probably jrue now, but DS is younger
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

I don't think he does. Put it this way. If Schroder was 6'6 like Ball, and playing the exact same way he is now, would you say Ball has a slight edge? Probably not.

The only advantage Ball has over Schroder is height.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Schroder seems like he is adapting to being the third scorer, not shooting as much, especially when Lebron is in. Since Lonzo is not a shooter or a penetrator, he needs to be someplace with a great scoring SG and a good scoring big man. You can see even with a favorable setup in NO, its still not working for him.

Some place like Houston with John Wall maybe, if Golden State didn't have Klay, Atlanta or Toronto might be a good place for him too.

But its really all about Schroder, does he like it here, will he be happy with a 4 year $16-18 million a year deal here? He might get more money someplace else that needs an established PG, but probably not someplace where he can win as much as here.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
hype wrote:
_#1_ wrote:

I don't think he does. Put it this way. If Schroder was 6'6 like Ball, and playing the exact same way he is now, would you say Ball has a slight edge? Probably not.

The only advantage Ball has over Schroder is height.

Height is a big advantage though especially how easily he would be able to switch without it being an obvious mismatch which has happened to Schroder at times this season. I love Schroder's high energy and full court pickup and he has arguably won several games by his man defense as well this season already so it's far from a major problem but is worth noting.

I'm still taking Schroder very easily though.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

He ain't going anywhere. They'll work something out come February. Rob didn't make this deft acquisition and will then turn around and lose it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I think that’s most likely. Word has been Pelinka has been enamored with Schröder for some time. Based on their comments, Lebron’s nd Davis are fans. He has said he likes it here. Good fit for everyone.

I’m not sure he’s worth his full 4-year max extension, though he’s worth something close to it. If he insisted to hit free agency, I’d see what you could get for him before the deadline. Hopefully it doesn’t come th that.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

Concern with Dennis (outside of the poor passing angles): 3 point shooting. 34%, hopefully that will improve in the playoffs (as will the passing angles).

Huge positive with Dennis: Defensive pressure on the ball, and improved screen/roll execution.

He has really bought in to that Avery Bradley role on D, which is fantastic. Our D the last 4 games has been very good. Hard for teams to do much when your first on ball defensive PG is Dennis, then second on ball defensive PG is Alex Caruso. I can not think of a better 1-2 punch defensively on the ball. So much pressure, they are thriving on D in Frank Vogel's system.

Even if the 3 point shooting doesn't pick up, the way Dennis is playing right now is helping the team big time. That ball pressure at the top, and not allowing your man to beat you easily. It's such a huge asset to have. This is what Avery Bradley was giving us, and Dennis is doing the same now, only with better offensive shot making/creating skills than AB.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
He ain't going anywhere. They'll work something out come February. Rob didn't make this deft acquisition and will then turn around and lose it.

We also gave up a promising first rounder to get him. The way it looks so far (the pick and roll skill, his play, his effort on D) IMHO basically he has Lakers management under the gun, and he knows it.

Just hoping he doesn't ask for too much.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

With all of Lonzo's shooting woes... against all odds he has the exact same career eFG% as Schroder.

Whose shooting and finishing is more likely to get better at this stage in their careers?

Lonzo... for sure.

The main thing I like about Schroder... is his heart and competitiveness.

He's a ball of energy and you love to see it. Also his free throw shooting can't be denied.

But he has the exact same shooting percentage as Lonzo... and I think Lonzo will get better now that his form is fixed and his finishing is improving.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

We also gave up a promising first rounder to get him. The way it looks so far (the pick and roll skill, his play, his effort on D) IMHO basically he has Lakers management under the gun, and he knows it.

Just hoping he doesn't ask for too much.

Well, we gave up a 28th pick. You don't usually get great players in that position
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
With all of Lonzo's shooting woes... against all odds he has the exact same career eFG% as Schroder.

Whose shooting and finishing is more likely to get better at this stage in their careers?

Lonzo... for sure.

He's a ball of energy and you love to see it. Also his free throw shooting can't be denied.

But he has the exact same shooting percentage as Lonzo... and I think Lonzo will get better now that his form is fixed and his finishing is improving.

True shooting percentage is a much more meaningful stat, and on that DS has a substantial career advantage: .524 (below par) vs. .485 (terrible).

Lonzo is doing a bit better this season (.494) and DS is doing a bit worse (.505), but I expect DS to pick up as he gets more used to the system here.

Last edited by markjay on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

DS is about to get an extension while Lonzo will be walking to FA.

Why?

Because 30 NBA teams would pick DS over Lonzo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Ready for DS to put together a couple big offensive games. 3FG% down 5% from last year. TS% down 7%
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Lonzo... for sure.

True shooting percentage is a much more meaningful stat, and on that, DS. Has a substantial career advantage: .524 (below par) vs. .485 (terrible).

Lonzo is doing a bit better this season (.494) and DS is doing a bit worse (.505), but I expect DS to pick up as he gets more used to the system here.

Lonzo sucks. Rather have Schroder all day long versus Lonzo.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
DS is about to get an extension while Lonzo will be walking to FA.

Why?

Because 30 NBA teams would pick DS over Lonzo.

Would Lonzo be willing to accept an MLE? Schroder back to 6th man with Lonzo-THT-Lebron-AD-Gasol as the lineup next year?

Schroder-Caruso-KCP-Kuzma-Harrell as the backups?

I don’t really see any logic or reason for it, but thought I would share an entertaining idea.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Goodness. Lakers about bring out the Brinks truck for this man.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
markjay wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Lonzo... for sure.

True shooting percentage is a much more meaningful stat, and on that, DS. Has a substantial career advantage: .524 (below par) vs. .485 (terrible).

Lonzo sucks. Rather have Schroder all day long versus Lonzo.

My point isn't advocating for Lonzo (other than using him to get LaMelo)

It's more pointing out the danger of giving Schroder a large contract.

I cannot deny Dennis has looked great recently... but those mediocre numbers don't lie.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what Lonzo will do next year, kind of think he tries to play with one of his brothers next year.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo for Schröder?????

Did Magic just join LG or something?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Had Lakers as the last team in my 9 team parlay, so this loss to the warriors hurts more.

Lakers as a whole stunk it up but I feel Shroeder lost it for us. I know lots of people like him but I'm not a fan of his nonchalant demeanor. First you flop, then you lay down on the floor and make no attempt to rejoin the play. Vogel gets a T, huge 4 point swing. Sloppy play by Dennis in the clutch, missed a key ft at end, another sloppy careless play at end that got bailed out by a Vogel timeout. I know he got skill but like I said its his demeanor, sometimes he will make a mistake and he just has like a smirk on his face like his sh1t don't stank. I need him to have a little more passion and heart out there.. ill take Caruso in the clutch over him at the PG slot any day of the week.

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

forzaCOREA wrote:
Had Lakers as the last team in my 9 team parlay, so this loss to the warriors hurts more.

Lakers as a whole stunk it up but I feel Shroeder lost it for us. I know lots of people like him but I'm not a fan of his nonchalant demeanor. First you flop, then you lay down on the floor and make no attempt to rejoin the play. Vogel gets a T, huge 4 point swing. Sloppy play by Dennis in the clutch, missed a key ft at end, another sloppy careless play at end that got bailed out by a Vogel timeout. I know he got skill but like I said its his demeanor, sometimes he will make a mistake and he just has like a smirk on his face like his sh1t don't stank. I need him to have a little more passion and heart out there.. ill take Caruso in the clutch over him at the PG slot any day of the week.

He literally played some of the best defense i've seen on Curry and was dominating the game for parts of it on the offensive end. Caruso was getting passed by Curry quite easily tonight when Schroder wasnt on him. There was def. some frustrating plays there but I saw a lot of fire and passion from him tonight on the defensive end especially. Seems like you're just looking for the few bad things he did because he was far from the main reason we lost tonight...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah for the most part he played Steph well. But Steph is Steph, sooner or later he's gonna get you. That doesn't negate how well Dennis was playing him in general.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 59 of 284
Jump to: