DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Are you back pedaling now Yinoma? We had this conversation on DS before.

Can’t believe you are not standing by your opinion.

Nope. I have consistently said I valued him 15–18m tops. Go read the posts before you make these silly accusations. I stand by the fact that he helped get us into the playoffs. Had a few terrible games and a few good ones in the Suns series. I have repeatedly said I can live with him on or off the team so long as we get something back for him.

Those are the facts.

You said you value him $15-18 mil tops.

$18 mil x 5 yrs = $90 mil

That is why I previously said you value him more that $84 million that the Lakers offered.

I never said offer him a 5 year deal? 🤷

And that’s also $75-85m if you use the other amounts? I don’t get it. Do y’all want to hang up a Pacific Division Champions banner or something up? When the Lakers offered $84m/4 years I was shocked.

I understood. My bad because I thought the Lakers offered DS a 5 year deal.

Sorry Yinoma.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I hope we are able to sign and trade this guy for something rather than just watching him walk.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Nope. I have consistently said I valued him 15–18m tops. Go read the posts before you make these silly accusations. I stand by the fact that he helped get us into the playoffs. Had a few terrible games and a few good ones in the Suns series. I have repeatedly said I can live with him on or off the team so long as we get something back for him.

Those are the facts.

That is why I previously said you value him more that $84 million that the Lakers offered.

And that’s also $75-85m if you use the other amounts? I don’t get it. Do y’all want to hang up a Pacific Division Champions banner or something up? When the Lakers offered $84m/4 years I was shocked.

Sorry Yinoma.

No worries. It clearly didn’t work out for the Lakers/Dennis. It’s alright. Now let’s recoup some value for him. I’m ok with saying my initial thoughts about him did not end up being the outcome with Dennis.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Those are the facts.

Sorry Yinoma.

No worries. It clearly didn’t work out for the Lakers/Dennis. It’s alright. Now let’s recoup some value for him. I’m ok with saying my initial thoughts about him did not end up being the outcome with Dennis.

Obviously we don’t know what his market value will be, but I’m having trouble thinking of a snt partner.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Those are the facts.

Sorry Yinoma.

Obviously we don’t know what his market value will be, but I’m having trouble thinking of a snt partner.

Yeah. Unless he accepts a 6th man role again. But doubt it. He must be hating himself for turning down 84m.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Those are the facts.

Sorry Yinoma.

Yeah. Unless he accepts a 6th man role again. But doubt it. He must be hating himself for turning down 84m.

Is there any chance we actually keep him and look to trade him later.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Those are the facts.

Sorry Yinoma.

Is there any chance we actually keep him and look to trade him later.

Depends on amount and years. I don’t think we will let him just walk for nothing as it appears we are not going down the hard cap route via S&T or full MLE.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

This dude is potentially an extra $20m (or whatever $) cap space, now that Jeannie is breaking the bank, I’m still hoping we get to use this asset, S&T now or be WB back up, sign this dude
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
This dude is potentially an extra $20m (or whatever $) cap space, now that Jeannie is breaking the bank, I’m still hoping we get to use this asset, S&T now or be WB back up, sign this dude

We can match any offer and now DS knows he will have to come off the bench. Either he accepts the role or asks to be traded. If I’m the lakers I match every low ball offer and stick it to him.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
governator wrote:

We can match any offer and now DS knows he will have to come off the bench. Either he accepts the role or asks to be traded. If I’m the lakers I match every low ball offer and stick it to him.

He unrestricted but there’s a lot of UFA PG out there, we shall see. A cap asset is premium for us
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers could S&T Dennis to help fill out the roster as opposed to looking for a top line piece. Should make such a deal easier.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Lakers could S&T Dennis to help fill out the roster as opposed to looking for a top line piece. Should make such a deal easier.

I’m just having trouble thinking of a suitor.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Hate these foos but don’t them Celtics need a PG? Man, S&T DS for Smart straight up
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I’m just having trouble thinking of a suitor.

Chicago. Santoransky/Thad young would be great to fill out the roster.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm still getting asked about Dennis Schroder and a Lakers S&T. Yes, technically, they can do that in early August but why does Dennis help the Lakers out? Why doesn't he just go to a team with $ w/o a S&T? Maybe if he's squeezed out of the market, but let's talk then.
https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/1420956574965657602?s=19
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I'm still getting asked about Dennis Schroder and a Lakers S&T. Yes, technically, they can do that in early August but why does Dennis help the Lakers out? Why doesn't he just go to a team with $ w/o a S&T? Maybe if he's squeezed out of the market, but let's talk then.
https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/1420956574965657602?s=19

Lakers can match tho.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Schroder is going to need the Lakers. It looks like he’s going to get squeezed just looking at lay of the landscape…
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Sign and Trade for Buddy
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Sign and Trade for Buddy

Does Sacramento need another short guard after just drafting one today?
Yes!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

If Dennis was willing to be a killer 6th man behind WB, I think the Lakers would pay him 15-17m on a short deal.

But Dennis has shown he is a stubborn guy, and is probably looking for a starting gig.

Obviously WB is our starter so if Dennis is not willing to be a 6th man, we will look to move him somewhere he wants to go and get something for it.

In that case, I would look to Chicago to get Santoransky/Thad. Chicago would have a nice trio of Lavine/Vucevic/Dennis while shedding some salary. Lakers could get a player to fill in some of what Kuz did in Thad, and a big guard to have for depth.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject:

Schroeder at $18m+ the two 2nd rd pick… who can we get from capped out teams? Miami need a PG? Minnesota?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Schroeder at $18m+ the two 2nd rd pick… who can we get from capped out teams? Miami need a PG? Minnesota?

Don't forget the $5M we can also send in a trade.
Should be a good sweetener to a team that might be thinking it's a bit of an overpay for DS.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
governator wrote:

Should be a good sweetener to a team that might be thinking it's a bit of an overpay for DS.

Maybe once dame make up his mind and head to NY, Portland blow it up… DS+THT+future 1st+Some 2nds for McCollum but who gonna drug their GM
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
governator wrote:

Good point. It's like buying our cap space back in a sense and hoping we can some useable rotation players.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If Dennis was willing to be a killer 6th man behind WB, I think the Lakers would pay him 15-17m on a short deal.

But Dennis has shown he is a stubborn guy, and is probably looking for a starting gig.

Obviously WB is our starter so if Dennis is not willing to be a 6th man, we will look to move him somewhere he wants to go and get something for it.

In that case, I would look to Chicago to get Santoransky/Thad. Chicago would have a nice trio of Lavine/Vucevic/Dennis while shedding some salary. Lakers could get a player to fill in some of what Kuz did in Thad, and a big guard to have for depth.

I disagree, I think there's too much of an overlap of skills *and* weaknesses (attacking the rim / lack of outside shooting) between DS and WB for DS to be worthwhile on the Lakers' roster - even as a sixth man. I feel the optimal course of action for both parties is to S&T him and get one or more of (wing to replace Kuz, starting shooter to replace KCP, 5 to provide physicality/verticality) in return
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 218 of 284
Jump to: