DENNIS SCHRΓ–DER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Dennis was willing to be a killer 6th man behind WB, I think the Lakers would pay him 15-17m on a short deal.

But Dennis has shown he is a stubborn guy, and is probably looking for a starting gig.

Obviously WB is our starter so if Dennis is not willing to be a 6th man, we will look to move him somewhere he wants to go and get something for it.

In that case, I would look to Chicago to get Santoransky/Thad. Chicago would have a nice trio of Lavine/Vucevic/Dennis while shedding some salary. Lakers could get a player to fill in some of what Kuz did in Thad, and a big guard to have for depth.

I disagree, I think there's too much of an overlap of skills *and* weaknesses (attacking the rim / lack of outside shooting) between DS and WB for DS to be worthwhile on the Lakers' roster - even as a sixth man. I feel the optimal course of action for both parties is to S&T him and get one or more of (wing to replace Kuz, starting shooter to replace KCP, 5 to provide physicality/verticality) in return

I doubt Dennis would accept it anyways, and I agree that a S&T is optimal, but there could be a chance where the S&T mechanics don't work for a team and we retain him to trade him when we can make trades in December. I think the team will look to get some value for him as we are low on assets after trading them all for WB.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Dennis was willing to be a killer 6th man behind WB, I think the Lakers would pay him 15-17m on a short deal.

But Dennis has shown he is a stubborn guy, and is probably looking for a starting gig.

Obviously WB is our starter so if Dennis is not willing to be a 6th man, we will look to move him somewhere he wants to go and get something for it.

In that case, I would look to Chicago to get Santoransky/Thad. Chicago would have a nice trio of Lavine/Vucevic/Dennis while shedding some salary. Lakers could get a player to fill in some of what Kuz did in Thad, and a big guard to have for depth.

I disagree, I think there's too much of an overlap of skills *and* weaknesses (attacking the rim / lack of outside shooting) between DS and WB for DS to be worthwhile on the Lakers' roster - even as a sixth man. I feel the optimal course of action for both parties is to S&T him and get one or more of (wing to replace Kuz, starting shooter to replace KCP, 5 to provide physicality/verticality) in return

I doubt Dennis would accept it anyways, and I agree that a S&T is optimal, but there could be a chance where the S&T mechanics don't work for a team and we retain him to trade him when we can make trades in December. I think the team will look to get some value for him as we are low on assets after trading them all for WB.

Sure, if there isn't a deal to be had then the Lakers should retain him for the time-being and try again later. That's not out of a desire to retain him as a (willing/eager) 6th man/player, that's just making the better/rational asset-management choice between sub-optimal (trade later) and zero (lose him for nothing).
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Would like to flip him for a good young center, maybe someone like Myles turner, Jarret Allen, or Mitchell Robinson. We need a shot blocker especially if we face Milwaukie in the finals.

RW/THT/Caruso
Mathews/Ben Mac/Troy Daniels
Lebron/Derozan
AD/Morris
Center/Gasol

What do you guys think of this lineup? We'd always have 2-3 playmakers on the floor and 2-3 shooters.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Would like to flip him for a good young center, maybe someone like Myles turner, Jarret Allen, or Mitchell Robinson. We need a shot blocker especially if we face Milwaukie in the finals.

RW/THT/Caruso
Lebron/Derozan
AD/Morris
Center/Gasol

What do you guys think of this lineup? We'd always have 2-3 playmakers on the floor and 2-3 shooters.

I still think there's a good chance that before the Westbrook trade becomes official, Sacramento jumps in and makes it a 3-team deal...and then we land both Russ and Hield.

RW/AC/THT
Hield/B-Mac
Rudy Gay/Carmelo
LBJ/Morris
AD/Gasol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers paid Dennis and brought him back here as a 6th man it's a benefit to us.

If the Lakers paid Dennis and got him a S&T somewhere and got a solid player(players) back, it's a benefit to us.

So either situation with Dennis that doesn't involve him walking for nothing, is a benefit to us.

If we re-sign Dennis as a 6th man, and go on to sign Rudy Gay and Carmelo Anthony as well as Drummond returning has been rumored. Our roster looks like this

Starters:
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horton-Tucker
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond

Bench:
Dennis Schroeder / Mac McClung(Two Way)
Alex Caruso / Austin Reaves
Rudy Gay / Joel Ayayi
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol

I'd say that would be a pretty solid starting lineup and bench. Depends on if Talen's improved his three point shooting this off-season.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If the Lakers paid Dennis and brought him back here as a 6th man it's a benefit to us.

If the Lakers paid Dennis and got him a S&T somewhere and got a solid player(players) back, it's a benefit to us.

So either situation with Dennis that doesn't involve him walking for nothing, is a benefit to us.

If we re-sign Dennis as a 6th man, and go on to sign Rudy Gay and Carmelo Anthony as well as Drummond returning has been rumored. Our roster looks like this

Starters:
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horton-Tucker
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond

Bench:
Rudy Gay / Joel Ayayi
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol

I'd say that would be a pretty solid starting lineup and bench. Depends on if Talen's improved his three point shooting this off-season.

You start, wb, tht, ad, lbj, and drum? Who will spread the floor
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horton-Tucker
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond

Bench:
Rudy Gay / Joel Ayayi
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol

That is a horrible line up in so many ways
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Starters:
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horton-Tucker
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond

Bench:
Rudy Gay / Joel Ayayi
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol

Dennis isn't going to sign for cheap. He did turn down our $84M contract after all. He's going to be one heck of an expensive (and disgruntled?) 6th man. If Jeanie wants to pay him, then go ahead. Ain't my money. Keep in mind since even Washington who needed a playmaker badly didn't even want Dennis, he's going to be super hard to trade if you gave him an expensive contract because no team wants him. If you ever wanted to get rid of him, you would have to actually include some assets. So be very careful about re-signing him. Sometimes, it's better to just let it go.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I really feel he’s walking for nothing.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Starters:
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horton-Tucker
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond

Um... this lineup is signature worthy
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
I really feel he’s walking for nothing.

Sometimes, it's better to cut your losses and let him go. Imagine giving him an expensive contract and he sucked. Then you would have to give up more assets to get rid of him. We don't want no more Moz/Deng pls. We've just finally been free from Deng's contract. Let's tread carefully here.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Russell Westbrook
Talen Horton-Tucker
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond

Bench:
Rudy Gay / Joel Ayayi
Carmelo Anthony
Marc Gasol

Who would spread the floor? Only LeBron and THT and occasionally AD.

And if Drummond didn't fit you can always bring in Gasol who can spread the floor. But if Drummond is coming back it's not going to be to come off the bench.

Either way, Gasol is the floor spacing big. Funnily enough nobody appreciated him last year and kept screaming for a big that had no floor spacing and was just athletic for lob threats or 'defense'. They STILL clamor for Damian Jones for that reason.

Keep in mind the majority of the board clamoring for that would have given us a starting lineup with only KCP and LeBron as the floor spacers so it's funny to see their change of heart. particularly from those of us that were pointing out how Gasol was the better fit, but I digress.

Last year, the only floor spacer(aside from Gasol) in the starting lineup were LeBron and KCP. It'd be the same way this year with LeBron and THT, except instead of Schroeder starting at the 1 it'd be Westbrook.

Didn't stop the Lakers from being dominant when everyone was healthy. So it kind of tickles me how the idea of Westbrook is gonna kill our floor spacing, when last year we ran a similar setup.

If you started like this

Russell Westbrook
THT
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

last year you started like this

Dennis Schroeder
KCP
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

Our only floor spacers in the starting lineup were KCP, LeBron and Gasol(which we NEVER really utilized for it).

Therefore the floor spacers in the starting lineup this year would be THT, LeBron and Gasol. That means THT had best hope his three point shooting and catch and shooting has improved.

As that is what it would come down to. How THT's shooting has come along. If he has not improved on his catch and shoots, the Lakers will put someone there that can. Which is why they drafted the way they have.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

RW/THT/Caruso
Lebron/Derozan
AD/Morris
Center/Gasol

I still think there's a good chance that before the Westbrook trade becomes official, Sacramento jumps in and makes it a 3-team deal...and then we land both Russ and Hield.

RW/AC/THT
Hield/B-Mac
Rudy Gay/Carmelo
LBJ/Morris
AD/Gasol

Man, your guy's dream line-ups are pretty close to mine (if we can successfully move Dennis/land Buddy, and Bron/AD move up positions).

RW/AC/THT
Hield/Mclemore
Ruddy Gay or OPJ/Derozan/Wes
LBJ/Melo/Morris
AD/Dedmon/Gasol

I think my head's a little more in the clouds though. Haha
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

#StayD17
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

How was he with WB in 2018-19? Did he start next to WB or was he the 6th man?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
#StayD17

S&T stay and trade
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

PG started fam.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
#StayD17

S&T stay and trade

#StayAndTradeD17
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

PG started fam.

PG was the 3. Did Schroder start at 2 or come off the bench? How was his production when on the court with WB?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

PG started fam.

PG was the 3. Did Schroder start at 2 or come off the bench? How was his production when on the court with WB?

Ferggy and Grant and PG started. Pick whoever you want to be the SG heh.
Dennis was off the bench
He only started 14 of 79 games.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

PG started fam.

Roberson was hurt. So they went with Terrence Ferguson at the 2.

I said it from the moment he proclaimed himself a starter for us. He's a great bench player. Top tier in the league. But among playoff guards. He's at the bottom of the list.

Career bench player before coming here. Something around 80% of the games he played were off the bench. And that's nothing to be ashamed of. This is the NBA we're talking about. The best of the best of the best in the world.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Thaddeus Young was VERY good for Chicago this year. Career high in FG%. 2nd highest Rebounding percentage in his career (best in 6 years). I don't know if they are willing to let him go.

We might lose DS for nothing. Getting a trade exception would probably be a win at this point. And I mean. He's not worse than Josh Richardson, right?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Dennis might sign a 1 year $20M deal with the Knicks.
The Knicks might do it, cuz they really want to preserve cap space for next year. And they need to field a decent team cuz Knicks fans are not gonna like missing the playoffs after getting a taste of it last year. But the available PGs this year aren't going to sign for a 1 year deal.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dennis might sign a 1 year $20M deal with the Knicks.
The Knicks might do it, cuz they really want to preserve cap space for next year. And they need to field a decent team cuz Knicks fans are not gonna like missing the playoffs after getting a taste of it last year. But the available PGs this year aren't going to sign for a 1 year deal.

Now if he's willing to sign a 1 year 20 million deal with the Knicks then why would he be unwilling to sign a 1 year 21 (or 22 or 23) million deal with us?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

If we sign and trade Dennis, doesn't that trigger our hard cap?

If that's the case, I think we just let him walk or trade him only for the trade exception.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 219 of 284
Jump to: