Dieters or fitness freaks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Dieters or fitness freaks

I recently started keto. Still fine tuning on what works. It’s just my usual phase of trying something new. I was a vegan all summer, and will do random months throughout the year.

It seems like keto gets the best results for weight loss.

Has anyone done it for a period of time? I will give myself 3months before judging.

Any other diets, programs etc?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I’ve had pretty good results doing a blue zones style diet as a lifestyle and mixing in some intermittent fasting. Of course, then I do the holidays. Just my .02, but humans are omnivores and while you can trick the body for periods on low carb or low fat diets, it’s not what the body is designed for long term. Moderate meat, moderate alcohol, legumes whole grains and veggies. Like Michael pollen said, eat food, not too much, mostly from plants.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I’ve had pretty good results doing a blue zones style diet as a lifestyle and mixing in some intermittent fasting. Of course, then I do the holidays. Just my .02, but humans are omnivores and while you can trick the body for periods on low carb or low fat diets, it’s not what the body is designed for long term. Moderate meat, moderate alcohol, legumes whole grains and veggies. Like Michael pollen said, eat food, not too much, mostly from plants.

guess been doing inadvertent intermittent fasting, skipping lunch at work since March to keep mask on and so far 30 lbs off. No change in food selection (omnivores), might even had increased alcohol intake but that 12 hours of no food seems to do the trick
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

Dieting is simple physics. Diet fads are there to make someone make money half the time

To lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you take in over a given period of time (24 hours for example)

Either cut your calories per day or burn more per day. Or even better do both.

You can be on an all cookie diet and lose weight. You'll be malnutrition and hungry all the time, but you can lose weight.

Now after saying all that, if a specific diet like Keto or whatever the flavor of the month is that someone on Oprah is pushing, helps you control and manage your calorie intake and you enjoy it then great do it.

But don't think that a specific diet that fits your blood type or PH level, or removes a major food group is the magic pill that will "burn fat".

Side note, it's physics. There is nothing you can eat that has calories that will "burn fat" or detox you.

Once you learn what your daily calorie intake is to sustain what you currently weigh, and then learn to slowly decrease calories per day will give you the best long term results.
Adding exercise will help even more.

I'm not a dietician or a DR. Just an amateur body builder that learned the long hard way.

Feel free to ask any advice.

---George Carlin
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dieters or fitness freaks

Halflife wrote:
I recently started keto. Still fine tuning on what works. It’s just my usual phase of trying something new. I was a vegan all summer, and will do random months throughout the year.

It seems like keto gets the best results for weight loss.

Has anyone done it for a period of time? I will give myself 3months before judging.

Any other diets, programs etc?

I was doing keto awhile back. It worked great for me. Long term I didn't stick with it. I lift regularly so I need some carbs.

Honestly, long term, I just didn't find it necessary. Low-ish carbs and staying away from sugar on its own is already going to yield amazing results.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I do intermittent fasting 20:4 every other day or 18:6 on most days. I find it's the most sustainable for me and works long term. It's more of a lifestyle once you get used to it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: