Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Nets already experiencing drama with Kyrie vacillating over vaccination. They have the talent to win the title but I'm not convinced they have the leadership.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Nets already experiencing drama with Kyrie vacillating over vaccination. They have the talent to win the title but I'm not convinced they have the leadership.

Wouldn't be surprised if he sticks to his "guns" and decides not be vaccinated the whole season. Makes less competition for the Lakers anyways.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Funny thing is that I feel that the more pressure there is on Kyrie to get vaccinated, the less likely he will end up doing it when you consider his contrarian nature. I thought it might be a possibility but now less so with Shaq, Perkins, and others mouthing off. Will BKN purposely tank the regular season to avoid HCA?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention Durant got all butt hurt not realizing who David Letterman was.

Nets are not mental giants, they are not a big concern to me.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Not to mention Durant got all butt hurt not realizing who David Letterman was.

Nets are not mental giants, they are not a big concern to me.

Questions about Durant's 'mental toughness' was put to bed by his two Finals, Playing through injury and nearly beating the Bucks by himself coming off an Achillies injury. Kyrie also has already proven himself in big moments during the Finals. The only 'mental midget' in terms of on the court play in big moments has been Harden.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Kyrie officially out until he can be a full time participant.

Shams

Quote:

Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the team until he is full participant, Nets say.

There’s also a Ste net by Sean Marks confirming
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

Nets are a mess. I LOVE Kyrie as a player but I am so grateful we don’t have to deal with him.

Per ESPN

Breaking: Nets GM Sean Marks announced that Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the team until he is “eligible to be a full participant.”

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1447941781409210368?s=21
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Sean Marks on potential pushback from Kyrie Irving's camp: "I'm sure this is not a decision that they like."

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

Nice. Kyrie's stubborn enough to stick by his stupid decision. Hopefully it lasts through the playoffs.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

$ talks loud, 41 games at about half a mil per, yeah, Kyrie gonna play somehow
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Nets are a mess. I LOVE Kyrie as a player but I am so grateful we don’t have to deal with him.

Per ESPN

Breaking: Nets GM Sean Marks announced that Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the team until he is “eligible to be a full participant.”

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1447941781409210368?s=21

Good. Kyrie has his right to choose. The Nets have their right to the consequences.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

Lol @ me
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

If he faces financial trouble in the future, he'll be looking back at this time as the time he threw easy money away.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is the gift that keeps on giving. If he stuck around in Cleveland Lebron probably doesn't leave. Then he basically sabotages the Celtics, exposes Boston as the racist cesspool it is, and now sabotages the biggest threat to our title hopes.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Apparently he will still get paid for the games they play outside of NY because he's eligible for those and it's the team choice to not make him available.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
governator wrote:

Apparently he will still get paid for the games they play outside of NY because he's eligible for those and it's the team choice to not make him available.

I expect that Irving is hoping that the local law in NYC gets relaxed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Kyrie is the gift that keeps on giving. If he stuck around in Cleveland Lebron probably doesn't leave. Then he basically sabotages the Celtics, exposes Boston as the racist cesspool it is, and now sabotages the biggest threat to our title hopes.

He's doing wonders to the team chemistry...if he follows thru he'll be a part time player and I can imagine him splitting the locker room if they go thru losing streaks.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

He won’t be a part time player or be practicing with the team, they told him to stay away until he is vaccinated.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Why dont they just trade Kylie? Is it possible? I hear he isn’t going to be vaccinated so perhaps better to create another big 3
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Why dont they just trade Kylie? Is it possible? I hear he isn’t going to be vaccinated so perhaps better to create another big 3

Because he and his agent are trying to leverage other teams by saying they'll retire of the Nets trade him. imo the Nets should trade him and dare him to retire. The problem is the team that trades for him gets screwed over.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Because he and his agent are trying to leverage other teams by saying they'll retire of the Nets trade him. imo the Nets should trade him and dare him to retire. The problem is the team that trades for him gets screwed over.

Kyrie for Simmons, who says no?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

The 76ers already did: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264371/76ers-Currently-Have-No-Interest-In-Pursuing-Trade-Of-Ben-Simmons-For-Kyrie-Irving
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject:

When Kobe was nearing retirement back in 2016, he had one of the greatest quotes about basketball. He said something along the lines of basketball being something that players do, not who they are as human beings. In other words, perspective is important. As achievements fade, one needs to focus on something more permanent and important. For Kobe, it was clearly his family and storytelling. The same thing applies to Kyrie. This is an issue that goes well beyond basketball for Kyrie, and I respect him for sticking with his convictions. That's why Durant isn't turning against him, despite the media's best efforts.

From my understanding, the Nordic countries are going with the adverse reaction data and suspending the use of the Moderna vaccines, due to the high risk of myocarditis in those under 30. I'm surprised the NBA hasn't brought this up, as it pertains to young men. Kyrie is 29. Myocarditis isn't reversible, while 99.85% of those who had covid-19 recovered from it. The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 is roughly .14%, putting it in flu category in terms of mortality (see here). The difference is that c19 has a slightly more pronounced effect on the elderly and obese, which is why they need to take the most precautions against it. Other than that, everyone should be free to make their own decisions and weigh the risks/benefits. Calculate your risk here: https://covid19risktools.com:8443/riskcalculator - for Kyrie, his chance of dying is 3 in a million.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

I can see that an issue, but I was thinking eventually there might be a team out that be willing to take that risk...afterall, Kyrie is quite a talent. I don't have an idea, however, which team out there has this situation.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
When Kobe was nearing retirement back in 2016, he had one of the greatest quotes about basketball. He said something along the lines of basketball being something that players do, not who they are as human beings. In other words, perspective is important. As achievements fade, one needs to focus on something more permanent and important. For Kobe, it was clearly his family and storytelling. The same thing applies to Kyrie. This is an issue that goes well beyond basketball for Kyrie, and I respect him for sticking with his convictions. That's why Durant isn't turning against him, despite the media's best efforts.

From my understanding, the Nordic countries are going with the adverse reaction data and suspending the use of the Moderna vaccines, due to the high risk of myocarditis in those under 30. I'm surprised the NBA hasn't brought this up, as it pertains to young men. Kyrie is 29. Myocarditis isn't reversible, while 99.85% of those who had covid-19 recovered from it. The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 is roughly .14%, putting it in flu category in terms of mortality (see here). The difference is that c19 has a slightly more pronounced effect on the elderly and obese, which is why they need to take the most precautions against it. Other than that, everyone should be free to make their own decisions and weigh the risks/benefits. Calculate your risk here: https://covid19risktools.com:8443/riskcalculator - for Kyrie, his chance of dying is 3 in a million.

On the first point, I don't believe the BS about Kyrie and his convictions. If we'd taken a poll three months ago asking which NBA player was most likely to refuse to take a vaccine and generate a soap opera about it, I bet 75% would have picked Irving. This is the way he rolls. So he supposedly follows some conspiracy theory about the Illuminati using the vaccine to implant microchips in black people to connect them to a super computer in furtherance of a satanic plot. Okay, whatever. Maybe he really believes that, maybe it's just a distraction. Either way, I have a hard time seeing this as his convictions, as opposed to it just being his contrarian, attention-seeking nature.

Oh, and as for the idea that Durant is cool with this, don't jump to conclusions just because Durant isn't calling Kyrie out publicly. We have no idea what Durant really thinks or what Durant is saying to Irving in private. Whatever comments Durant serves up to the media should be taken with a grain of salt.

As for the second part, you're whiffing on the primary purpose of vaccines in this context. If someone wants to refuse the vaccine and run the risk, that's fine . . . as long as they isolate themselves. If you are unvaccinated, you pose a risk to other people, not just to yourself. If you are talking about an NBA team, you are in close (and often physical) contact with probably 20 or so people on a daily basis, and there are probably another 20 or so within near proximity. Vaccines are not a brick wall, of course, but when you refuse to reduce your own risk of infection, you are also refusing to reduce the risk of infection to other people around you. So NYC doesn't require you to get vaccinated if you just want to sit in your apartment, but it does require it if you want to go to MSG and sit in the midst of thousands of people. The same logic applies to NBA players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 70 of 73
Jump to: