Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

The Nets defense made the Cavs team looks like an all star team.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Schroder needs to do that to Kyrie when we meet

Schro should have a field day getting in the lane against them. They rotate poorly too. Lebron will pick that defense apart. It's just about us knocking down shots.

Cavs hit 20 3s but a (bleep) ton of those were wide open.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Kyrie ballhogging in the 2nd OT. Haden ad KD barely touched the ball.

Yep, boneheaded not giving KD those shots.

So as I said from the beginning, which dude is willing to make the sacrifice?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

As much as I want to have fun picking on their defense, I highly doubt it's as big of an issue come playoff time.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

yeah their first game together. Not gonna put much stock into it.

Sexton can ball though.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
As much as I want to have fun picking on their defense, I highly doubt it's as big of an issue come playoff time.

I feel like they are try are going try to emulate the Rocket microball from last season. It may work and even look impressive at times. But it wear them down and get exposed in the playoffs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

They are going to add guys to do the dirty work.

But the key is to attack Kyrie and Harden defensively and tire them out.

On defense, just frustrate one of them enough. I’ll believe Kyrie and Harden will sacrifice when I see it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Why not?... Kyrie, Harden, KD are not exactly known for their defense. I don't think it's something they can fix. Jordan helps but he is not the same, and will be in foul trouble a lot.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

On defense, just frustrate one of them enough. I’ll believe Kyrie and Harden will sacrifice when I see it.

It won't matter if all those 3 guys are on the court... Teams will just hunt them down on switches. Not sure who is available out there also that can fill that role.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I feel like they are try are going try to emulate the Rocket microball from last season. It may work and even look impressive at times. But it wear them down and get exposed in the playoffs.

No one to microball with.

Somebody on the floor has to act as a big. PJ Tucker. Draymond.

Jeff Green? lmao.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Why not?... Kyrie, Harden, KD are not exactly known for their defense. I don't think it's something they can fix. Jordan helps but he is not the same, and will be in foul trouble a lot.

They kinda like lucky too as Jeff Green is having a great season specially on shooting 3s, I dont think he can keep that up all season long. He had a a stretch like this in Cavs with Lebron and in Rockets last season, but kinda gone in the crucial games.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
chantruong wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Jeff Green? lmao.

He is playing great so far this season, he is shooting above 50% in 3pt range with 1.5 3p made per game. The question, can he keep it all season and in the playoffs, I doubt it.

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

They kinda like lucky too as Jeff Green is having a great season specially on shooting 3s, I dont think he can keep that up all season long. He had a a stretch like this in Cavs with Lebron and in Rockets last season, but kinda gone in the crucial games.

He always looks like a steal when a team first gets him then reminds everyone why teams keep letting him go.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It won't matter if all those 3 guys are on the court... Teams will just hunt them down on switches. Not sure who is available out there also that can fill that role.

That’s true, but I still think we need to see what the playoff roster looks like.

But yeah a quartet of Kyrie, Harden, KD and Harris is dinner for the opponent. Those 4 and whoever will get destroyed on defense.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Why is everyone suddenly underestimating the value of defense? As if defense is not important as long as you can shoot

The Big 3 scored 90+ pts but still got whooped. Dont start with Cavs being lights out at 3, most of them are open shots which most teams will hit if they give it to them.

Last edited by leking006 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

That’s true, but I still think we need to see what the playoff roster looks like.

But yeah a quartet of Kyrie, Harden, KD and Harris is dinner for the opponent. Those 4 and whoever will get destroyed on defense.

Question is... How will their offense adjust in the playoffs. When all 3 guys are playing heavier minutes. Defense also gets tighter and they won't be getting the same BS calls.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

It doesnt matter if they add guys, the bulk of minutes will still go to the big 3, which is the main cause of their bad defense, not unless they gonna limit Kyrie and Harden minutes to 20 minutes and give those defensive guys their minutes, they will not make any difference if they will just play limited minutes.

Kyrie and Harden defense at top of the key is the worse.
KD inside will have a hard time against big guys. KD kinda defended good inside earlier because Cavs big man is not really that bulky other than Drummond. Its different when he played the centers of other teams.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Put Caruso and KCP in this Nets team and give them half of Kyrie and Hardens minutes, and this team will sure be an instant favorite. Thats what defense can do.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
chantruong wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Jeff Green? lmao.

He is playing great so far this season, he is shooting above 50% in 3pt range with 1.5 3p made per game. The question, can he keep it all season and in the playoffs, I doubt it.

Quote:
So you are a filipino too, now I know why. typical

This you?

We're done.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It doesnt matter if they add guys, the bulk of minutes will still go to the big 3, which is the main cause of their bad defense, not unless they gonna limit Kyrie and Harden minutes to 20 minutes and give those defensive guys their minutes, they will not make any difference if they will just play limited minutes.

As good As Harden and Kyrie are it's almost helping the other team when they don't even let Durant touch the ball for stretches especially in crunch but this is just one of the many problems you have when you put 3 celebrated superstars on one team. Like usual Durant has been the only one putting in even somewhat of a defensive effort in the 3 last games as well. They looked much better without Kyrie imo. Harden is the better playmaker and scorer with the ball in his hands yet Kyrie will consistently minimize that when they're on the floor together and i'm sure most other teams will gladly take that on most nights and try to get Kyrie to be the ball handler over Harden as much as possible. Then abuse them both on the other end.

Like this last game against the Cavs they probably win easily if they kept going to Durant but they have 3 mouths to feed that all think they are elite closers so that is never going to happen consistently thankfully for other teams.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Sexton can ball though.

You're probably right. They looked disinterested in 2OT. We've seen a good team first hand, work extremely hard to come back in a game but when the other team gets some momentum back its not worth the effort anymore.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
MJST wrote:

Sexton can ball though.

You're probably right. They looked disinterested in 2OT. We've seen a good team first hand, work extremely hard to come back in a game but when the other team gets some momentum back its not worth the effort anymore.

Not kyrie though, he hogged the ball. Looks like Harden and KD looks like disinterested because they almost not touched the ball in 2nd OT.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

There is a scenario that this nets team will be better.
If Kyrie happens to be shutdown due to injury or mental issues this season, Nets has no choice but to sign backup 3&D players and will give them Kyrie's minutes. I think that team will be a better team overall. That is assuming that they will sign at least 2 solid 3&D players.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

So..... did you just start watching basketball?

How could that nit be a problem come playoff time, when the competition is better and the attention to detail is higher?

Come playoff time, the Nets are gonna face a lot better players than Sexton, and a whole lot better teams then Cleveland.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

So..... did you just start watching basketball?

How could that nit be a problem come playoff time, when the competition is better and the attention to detail is higher?

Come playoff time, the Nets are gonna face a lot better players than Sexton, and a whole lot better teams then Cleveland.

I'm referring to what their roster will look like given that they have open spots and money to spend.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 20 of 73
Jump to: