QFTOS: Lakers Beat Pelicans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: QFTOS: Lakers Beat Pelicans

Quote:
Im liking what i see so far. Need to defend Bronny on the 3s tho.

Quote:
Some good offense from Ingram now, shots falling tonight. Good to see that bounce back. Want to see some threes going in next.

Quote:
Not bad at all. Need to cut down on the TOs, but otherwise we've looked pretty solid.

Quote:
This Lakers team gets such ridiculous calls. They are infuriating to play against.

Quote:
Bledsoe and JJ come in the game we look out of control and turnovers pop up. Please get us some competent guards to go with NAW and Lewis.

Quote:
How does LA afford all that talent?

Quote:
Lonzo looks good on the bench

Quote:
Call a timeout. Did we hire that time out coach yet?

Quote:
Cut down on turnovers. Move the ball more. MAKE FREE THROWS.

We need to move Lonzo period.

Quote:
JJ's been ROUGH this year.

Quote:
The Lakers have taken 17 more FTs than us and we're up at halftime lmao

Quote:
Unreal all the calls this team gets compared to us!! How was that not a foul on BI?!?! And AD gets a foul call when someone sneezes on him

Quote:
We HAVE to win this game. Ingram needs to punish them.

Quote:
These turnovers man....

Quote:
3rd qtr meltdown

Quote:
One of the problems with SVG is he can not stand playing rookies. I would love to see what Kira can do, but he won’t see the court unless it’s a blow out, injuries, or extreme foul trouble to the guard position.

Quote:
OK now we're ********ting the bed

Quote:
Man, I am so tired of seeing Zion go in traffic and come up empty and be the last person back when he's never left his feet. Dude has to show better effort in those moments. Hustle gets rewarded most of the time.

Quote:
Not impressed with SVG. This team is no better than last season. Still bad defense, still can shoot free throws and still a turnover machine.

Quote:
You know, Josh Hart went out the game and appeared to be squawking at SVG early in the third, and he has not returned.

Quote:
Harrell killing Zion on the offensive glass!! That’s what Harrell is known for Zion!! Box him out please

Quote:
Oh well. On to the next one. In fairness, it was an expected loss coming in: Lakers are the best team in the league.

Quote:
we had them at 84-80 early in Q4 its now 108-83 @ Q4 4:00

Quote:
Jaxson Hayes talking trash down 20 is the energy I'm here for

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Lakers Beat Pelicans

These are always interesting! Thanks!
ocho wrote:
Quote:

84-80 Lakers at Q4 10:45. 108-83 Lakers at Q4 4:18. So, in 6:27, the Lakers outscored the Pelicans 24-3.

Last edited by Annihilator on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Lakers Beat Pelicans

Annihilator wrote:
These are always interesting! Thanks for doing these!
ocho wrote:
Quote:

84-80 Lakers at Q4 10:45. 108-83 Lakers at Q4 4:18. So, in 6:27, the Lakers outscored the Pelicans 24-3.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Wow, even Pelicans fans hate Lonzo.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Alexander is coming for his spot
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Alexander is coming for his spot

I'll gladly take him back! Unfortunately we won't have anything to offer. No way he takes only MLE.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: Lakers Beat Pelicans

DrDent wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
These are always interesting! Thanks for doing these!
ocho wrote:
Quote:

love it
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I’d say about 80% of the thread I pulled from was Nico Melli hate. They really can’t stand him.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Zo always has this look like he would rather be anywhere in the world, then on the court playing basketball. He doesn’t have passion. He doesn’t look like he is enjoying the game.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Zo always has this look like he would rather be anywhere in the world, then on the court playing basketball. He doesn’t have passion. He doesn’t look like he is enjoying the game.

Lonzo was simply overrated and drafted too high by Magic. Magic bought into the Kool-Aid. The warning signs were there. Essentially a flawed player. Tatum, Fox & Mitchell the best players in the draft that year. Fultz/Ball/Jackson not so much.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Lonzo was simply overrated and drafted too high by Magic. Magic bought into the Kool-Aid. The warning signs were there. Essentially a flawed player. Tatum, Fox & Mitchell the best players in the draft that year. Fultz/Ball/Jackson not so much.

He certainly hasn’t panned out the way I had hoped. I remember around the time of the draft ESPN had some stat-based model that had Lonzo as the highest potential star and the highest potential bust. As Harlemlakerfan said, I’m not sure basketball is a big passion of his.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I agree with that. He just doesn't seem driven to be great like say a Jimmy Butler type of guy.

I get the impression that Lonzo got paid and is content with the life of a NBA player without pushing to work on upping his game.

Could be wrong, but he doesn't look passionate about the game to me and I honestly thought he could have been another Jason Kidd coming out of college.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

Anyone remember what was the Lakers' original offer for AD at the February 2019 trade deadline?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Anyone remember what was the Lakers' original offer for AD at the February 2019 trade deadline?

There wasn’t one offer. There were countless offers that were different variations of giving New Orleans anything and everything they could possibly want, including taking back bad Pelicans salaries, picks, all our young players, etc. Magic wasn’t exactly playing hardball.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

There wasn’t one offer. There were countless offers that were different variations of giving New Orleans anything and everything they could possibly want, including taking back bad Pelicans salaries, picks, all our young players, etc. Magic wasn’t exactly playing hardball.

Pelicans probably hurt themselves by not engaging with us back then.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I agree with that. He just doesn't seem driven to be great like say a Jimmy Butler type of guy.

I get the impression that Lonzo got paid and is content with the life of a NBA player without pushing to work on upping his game.

Could be wrong, but he doesn't look passionate about the game to me and I honestly thought he could have been another Jason Kidd coming out of college.

Jimmy B is cut from that old school cloth. Very few players, or even just people in general, have that kind of inner competitive drive in them. I wanted the Lakers to go all-in for him in the summer of #2, and make him their top priority. But he wanted to lead his own team and you have to respect that.

Lonzo is just an enigma. He's a closed book so it's hard to read him. Is it lack of confidence? Lack of passion? Lack of work ethic? Maybe a combination of them all. I always recall an interview he gave as a Laker rookie, where he spoke about trying to find a daily routine that works for him. He said Kobe tried helping him, but he wanted to find something that works for him. I took that as "Kobe's way is too hard for me" lol. Not everyone is built to wake up at 4am and hit the gym, weights, laps, and treatment all before breakfast. Then get in a full sweat before practice, then show up to the gym 3 hours before tip-off.

I think there is still hope for Lonzo. Steve Nash has spoken about how he needed to work on his individual game in order to become a better PG. If he wasn't a threat himself, then he couldn't set up his teammates. Lonzo needs to go through a similar epiphany. The question is whether he'll realize it before it's too late. His individual skills are far behind even a rookie Nash. The raw talent is there.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

I always found it odd they didn’t take advantage of Magic while they had him on the hook. Only reason I can think of is they needed to wait until the Summer to engage with Boston only to learn they couldn’t have Tatum anyway. But in the end they still got pretty much everything we had.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

I always found it odd they didn’t take advantage of Magic while they had him on the hook. Only reason I can think of is they needed to wait until the Summer to engage with Boston only to learn they couldn’t have Tatum anyway. But in the end they still got pretty much everything we had.

Not the GOAT AC
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Not the GOAT AC

He was a FA last summer and without that much value around the league (we got him for 2yr/$5M).

We got to keep Kuzma. They got everything else. It was a great trade for both teams.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah Zo seems extremely timid and doesn't seem to have a nasty competitive streak at all. That's one thing Melo has over him: that kid seems to have much more of his dad's bravado than Zo ever had.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kingjosiah54/status/1350277140143489029?s=21

The best is Caruso with Lebron/AD.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/joshhart/status/1350516074857472000?s=21

https://twitter.com/joshhart/status/1350517341373624321?s=21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

Maybe a hot take, but Zion is underwhelming compared to what people said he would be coming out of college, and I say that fully aware of the limited sample size and injury hiccups so far (and hell, the injury concerns make his prospects even more dicey). I'm not even talking about the casuals wowed by the dunks, but people who really know basketball swore he's the best prospect since Lebron and would be a top 5 player rather quickly.

He's been good, and the counting stats put him in historical company, but I don't think his actual impact measures up to that. I just don't see that "special" quality that should stand out pretty early on for a prospect like him (think Luka). His stats aren't necessarily translating to winning basketball right now, and tbh, I can't really visualize how they will until he makes some major strides in certain areas. He could definitely still get there, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to be as easy and quick as people expected. There are some fairly large-sized holes in his overall game.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Maybe a hot take, but Zion is underwhelming compared to what people said he would be coming out of college, and I say that fully aware of the limited sample size and injury hiccups so far (and hell, the injury concerns make his prospects even more dicey). I'm not even talking about the casuals wowed by the dunks, but people who really know basketball swore he's the best prospect since Lebron and would be a top 5 player rather quickly.

He's been good, and the counting stats put him in historical company, but I don't think his actual impact measures up to that. I just don't see that "special" quality that should stand out pretty early on for a prospect like him (think Luka). His stats aren't necessarily translating to winning basketball right now, and tbh, I can't really visualize how they will until he makes some major strides in certain areas. He could definitely still get there, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to be as easy and quick as people expected. There are some fairly large-sized holes in his overall game.

He has played in 34 games. For his career. And he’s putting up 22/9/2.

Funny thing is he still has a ways to go and that’s the scary part.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Lets not forget that Lonzo was in the eye of the storm of his batsh*t crazy father trying to market him before he even made the League. Then sitting in a press conference with Magic proclaiming him as the "next greatest Laker" and pointing to his spot in the rafters. Pretty heady stuff for a 19 yr old to deal with.

I agree there is an edge he is missing. But I think we also have to acknowledge he is still only 23 yrs old and is a good second tier player. Not as much of a bust as countless other early picks but certainly not the "superstar" carrying a team as many hyped him up to be.

He will likely improve. He will likely have a long career as a solid PG in the Hill, Rubio, Dragic level. Never the All Star but a hell of a piece of the puzzle to have on your team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: