Derek Chauvin trial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Out of curiosity, why did you twice respond word for word the same to the same post over 14 hours apart?

Rest assured, many times I ask questions I think I know the answer to. This is one of those times.

I'm not proficiently versed in court procedure. I wasn't sure about hung juries. When you posted
Quote:
I think he was asking whether they could later retry him on the charges the jury was hung on, and the answer is yes. That would only be likely if they are hung on all charges though.
I didn't think that true but wasn't sure. You cleared it up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

No, I’m wondering why you made the exact same post twice, but over 14 hours apart?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
No, I’m wondering why you made the exact same post twice, but over 14 hours apart?

Didn't know I did. What posts are you referring to?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Look at the two posts above the last one on the last page.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Look at the two posts above the last one on the last page.

I don't know why that happened. After the first read, I thought it was a computer glitch. I went back, reread, noticed the different post times and dates. The only thing I can come with is a computer glitch or I made a brain fart identical post.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Chauvin's defense would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

It would be like me shooting somebody and saying, "I didn't kill that person. The bullet did. I'm innocent."
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It would be like me shooting somebody and saying, "I didn't kill that person. The bullet did. I'm innocent."

It’s also like saying the person was on drugs so maybe he died from that instead. So the shooter shouldn’t be held responsible. Even if it’s on video.

It’s a strange defense.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It’s also like saying the person was on drugs so maybe he died from that instead. So the shooter shouldn’t be held responsible. Even if it’s on video.

It’s a strange defense.

Drugs that the person likely took throughout their lives (yet never died from before?). The defense is essentially saying someone who got hit by a car died from the bee sting that happened seconds before the car ran them over. Chauvin's defense is an embarrassment and insult to the average juror's intelligence level.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

Chauvin's defense only needs to be good enough to effectively appeal to the racist views of the jury: the views which place the police above non-whites regardless of resulting death.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It’s a strange defense.

Drugs that the person likely took throughout their lives (yet never died from before?). The defense is essentially saying someone who got hit by a car died from the bee sting that happened seconds before the car ran them over. Chauvin's defense is an embarrassment and insult to the average juror's intelligence level.

Yeah the prosecution was just arguing that we would have to believe a miracle happened to buy that. The prosecution is right; it’s nonsense.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It’s a strange defense.

Yeah the prosecution was just arguing that we would have to believe a miracle happened to buy that. The prosecution is right; it’s nonsense.

Agreed! Thought you were siding with the defense here
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Got word LAPD is geared up for the verdict. I hope it doesn't have to act.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

Gray suit again. That can't be coincidence, all these gray suits. Light gray is often the last go-to in a wardrobe if black or dark blue aren't at the cleaners. They probably think if we have him wearing black, it could look like he's mourning Floyd's death and we can't have him wearing pinstripes and dark colors if not just pinstripes by themselves. That might make him seem like he's trying to be fashionable. Slate gray is a nether-shade, closest to pastel that any of the standard suit colors could get. Plus, it suggests 50/50 between black and white. The last thing the defense wants is the jury to even subconsciously think in terms of black and white in this case. IE: this is a black and white matter, this was a black man and a white cop. Or he could love the color gray, but they often try to create appearances these lawyers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

The prosecution gave a compassionate closing statement. Had me close to misting once or twice. Steve Schleicher humanized George Floyd painted Derek Chauvin as a heartless inhuman. Defense up next. I have a feeling their closing arguments will be as unbelievable as their defense.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The prosecution gave a compassionate closing statement. Had me close to misting once or twice. Steve Schleicher humanized George Floyd painted Derek Chauvin as a heartless inhuman. Defense up next. I have a feeling their closing arguments will be as unbelievable as their defense.

I was just watching Faux's defense strategy w/ Kayleigh, etc. They of course come off sounding like Snapper Jones talking about what the Lakers' opponent needs to do in order to win. They never cease to find a yes man of the right hue to take the side of the cops on Fox. He wanted to focus on KEY! issues surrounding Floyd stating, "Hold on, I'm claustrophobic, gimme 3 secs". To him, that was resisting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

I know it won't happen but I wish Chauvin is found guilty and housed in the general population with no Hemovir available.

Would a reasonable police officer pick a pebble out of a tire while a prone suspect is saying he can't breathe?

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

When will the jury decide?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Jury composition: 9 Women, 5 Men; 8 self-identified as white, 4 black, 2 mixed race. Hope we get a decision today, but i would not count on it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

If we get a decision today I think it will be guilty. The longer the jury's out the better it is for Chauvin.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

"We can also see.....that he was eating a banana."

And as Monty Python demonstrated, a banana is a deadly weapon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Found it strange that the defense attorney kept bringing that up. Also, is he just trying to filibuster his way out of a verdict today?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

Found it strange that the defense attorney kept bringing that up. Also, is he just trying to filibuster his way out of a verdict today?

Defense; Was that a banana, was that a pill, what was that? He mentioned pills were found in the car. He didn't mention anything about a banana. Trying to get the jury to think Floyd had pills in his mouth. Chauvin has no defense. The videos are solid evidence he committed murder.

I'm on the jury of public opinion. I vote guilty on all charges.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

That guy was rambling, I'm surprised he didn't comment that George was wearing a tank top, "as we can all see", like it was something significant or "Mr. Floyd was wearing dark pants, right?" suggesting his pants were a contributing factor in his death.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

The judge essentially said that Maxine Waters' comments could be grounds for a mistrial on appeal, even though he wouldn't grant one now. That cannot be good.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

I hope they get him on one of the murders. More riots would be awful.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11
Jump to: