Ben Simmons issues warning to Lakers, Nets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:37 am    Post subject: Ben Simmons issues warning to Lakers, Nets

Quote:
Ben Simmons: "We're going for the past champs, the Lakers. They were the ones who won a championship, so you got to give the respect to them. Obviously Brooklyn has a lot of talent. But at the end of the day, there's only one ball and you gotta play defense too."

Philadelphia currently ranks seventh in the NBA in points allowed per game with 108.3. Simmons is a big reason why, as his ability to guard one through five on defense is nearly unmatched in the league.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/ben-simmons-issues-warning-to-lakers-nets/ar-BB1fCjRD?ocid=msedgdhp

It's easier to play defense, when you aren't worth a damn on offense. Accomplish something before you speak.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Ben Simmons issues warning to Lakers, Nets

Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:
Ben Simmons: "We're going for the past champs, the Lakers. They were the ones who won a championship, so you got to give the respect to them. Obviously Brooklyn has a lot of talent. But at the end of the day, there's only one ball and you gotta play defense too."

Philadelphia currently ranks seventh in the NBA in points allowed per game with 108.3. Simmons is a big reason why, as his ability to guard one through five on defense is nearly unmatched in the league.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/ben-simmons-issues-warning-to-lakers-nets/ar-BB1fCjRD?ocid=msedgdhp

It's easier to play defense, when you aren't worth a damn on offense. Accomplish something before you speak.

Hey Ben, get a jump shot before criticizing literally anyone else.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject:

This guy has not improved a bit since he broke into the league. That’s why even Houston didn’t really wanted him for the Harden trade. He’s like Lamar Odom taking away his scoring.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

First you have to get to the Finals, Ben
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject:

Not sure what is wrong with his quote here. Lakers are the defending champs, which is why other teams are measuring themselves against us (as they should). If anything, Ben is one of the few level headed ones out there since most are calling the Nets (an organization/team that has accomplished nothing after the merger) the favorites, and he's giving the Lakers their just due as the reigning champs.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

Who goes #1 in a 2016 redraft? Simmons, Ingram, Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, Siakam, Jamal Murray, or Brogdon?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

cant believe rox didnt get this guy. huge fan
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

I didn’t see any shot to the Lakers other than that’s who the Sixers are looking at as the top of the mountain. Just the usual coming for the crown talk.

You can call it disrespect to the Nets, but the Sixers and Nets are both in the same position right now and the Sixers as a TEAM have gone farther in the playoffs.

Let’s see what happens if the Nets are down 2-0 or 2-1 in a series and the pressure takes over...
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

He is so arrogant! Let's see if he backs up his talk in the playoffs.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Not sure what is wrong with his quote here. Lakers are the defending champs, which is why other teams are measuring themselves against us (as they should). If anything, Ben is one of the few level headed ones out there since most are calling the Nets (an organization/team that has accomplished nothing after the merger) the favorites, and he's giving the Lakers their just due as the reigning champs.

Nothing wrong with what he said.

He just needs to take care of business instead of throwing stones at Brooklyn because he has, thus far, been carried offensively by Embiid.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

I read it the same way. basically saying they're trying to measure up against the Lakers since they're the defending champs. Stop the premature talk about BKN.

That's how I took it.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

That is a warning? Seems like he gave us respect? We ARE the defending champs, and everyone is coming for that. Its obvious when you watch teams play against us versus how they play other teams.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

I thought it was a roundabout way for Ben to take a shot at the Nets.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

He is calling the Lakers their main competition. Not sure why anyone other than a Nets fan/player would be bothered by this.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
I thought it was a roundabout way for Ben to take a shot at the Nets.

This
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
No Durant, Harden, Griffin, or Aldridge for the Nets tonight

Looks like the Nets are playing 2019-20 Clippers mind games with the Sixers.

Not good for the league tbh. Harden is the only legit injury and he probably plays if it’s the playoffs.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
This guy has not improved a bit since he broke into the league. That’s why even Houston didn’t really wanted him for the Harden trade. He’s like Lamar Odom taking away his scoring.

He's a decent player, but he strikes me as wildly overrated by a lot of people. I can't blame the Rockets for not being interested. He's not someone you would build a team around. Anyway, he's probably feeling pressure right now. If the Sixers crash out of the playoffs again, people will start taking a hard look at him.
johnnyhandsome
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

You guys can't see a compliment when it's right in your face. The shade was against the Nets, not Lakers. When the media is writing off the Lakers and giving the chip to the Nets, Simmons says the Nets haven't accomplished anything yet and no matter how deep the Nets are, the Lakers are the measuring stick, not the Nets who have to play 5 guys at a time.

Geez, just take the compliment. lol

"Y'all gon' make me lose my mind
Up in here, up in here"
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

Lakers in 5.
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

My thoughts, too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

If this was coming from Joel Embiid I would respect it, but Ben Simmons isn’t that good he is basically a glorified Lonzo Ball without the 3pt shot... put your boy pants on boyyy....
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

johnnyhandsome wrote:
You guys can't see a compliment when it's right in your face. The shade was against the Nets, not Lakers. When the media is writing off the Lakers and giving the chip to the Nets, Simmons says the Nets haven't accomplished anything yet and no matter how deep the Nets are, the Lakers are the measuring stick, not the Nets who have to play 5 guys at a time.

I think most of us realize this. But it's still Ben Simmons talking trash about other teams.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
johnnyhandsome wrote:

I think most of us realize this. But it's still Ben Simmons talking trash about other teams.

Yeah, nobody is missing the blatantly obvious nod to the Lakers but it's still a bit comical from Simmons who likely is never going to win a Championship as one of the top players on a team due to being near non existent much of the time on offense especially in the Playoffs where the game slows down and they will give him the early Rondo treatment and make him shoot or completely screw up the entire offense.

He gave respect to the Lakers and then basically completely dismissed the Nets who are still the better team whether they play good defense or not sadly. I'd love to see the Sixers take them out but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'll also say it's weak af for the Nets to pull out all those players for the game tonight since this should be a huge game for even the most casual NBA fans to watch and now hardly anybody will probably watch or care about it.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

johnnyhandsome wrote:

"Y'all gon' make me lose my mind
Up in here, up in here"

I don't think that is lost on anyone.

At least for me, it's his commentary when he has no room to talk.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. I really hate this "soft" generation!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: