19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Does anyone think he should apologize to Kwamaaay Brown? If so or if not, why?

Hes paid to "analyze" so as we hear how rough KB really had it on the wiz as a kid Its tough to judge SS in hindsight. i have always had a problem with anyone making critiques personal or vicious which i think SS did. Kwame sucked on one side of the ball but he was OK on defense and as he said he got his mom a house and had a pretty long career.

Apologize? Why? When he sympathized with a wife beater he apologized which he clearly didnt want to do. He apologized to Ohtani but he clearly didnt want to.

Has he apologized to Nigerian people?

Kwame flipped the script and has become a sympathetic figure ...sorta... thanks to the venom SS and others have spewed.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

I have to say, SAS is doing a nice job of taking the heat off Racial Nichols…
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Unfortunately, that wasn't his motivation for saying what he did.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I believe his appology to Shohei Ohtani was honest and he professed his ignorance.

He was a bit rough on Kwame Brown. I don't know if you heard Kwame's video response. It's laced with profanity. Scroll down to the video. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I believe his appology to Shohei Ohtani was honest and he professed his ignorance.

No, he engaged in typical Trumpian level gaslighting by quoting this, effectively saying, "I'm not really the problem, everyone else is":

jodeke wrote:
I love SAS's borrowed quote. "What do you call a person who speaks 3 languages? Trilingual. What do you call a person who speaks 2 languages? Bilingual. What do you call a person who speaks 1 language? American

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

It’s crazy during this time of cancel culture that a guy who actually should be canceled is smiling.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

No, he engaged in typical Trumpian level gaslighting by quoting this, effectively saying, "I'm not really the problem, everyone else is":

jodeke wrote:
I love SAS's borrowed quote. "What do you call a person who speaks 3 languages? Trilingual. What do you call a person who speaks 2 languages? Bilingual. What do you call a person who speaks 1 language? American

I believe his apology. I don't see him blaming everyone else. If you do, so be it. I read his borrowed quote as jest.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

jodeke wrote:

I believe his apology. I don't go with him blaming everyone else. If you do, so be it. I read his borrowed quote as jest.

That's the whole point of him saying that, that's what being gaslit is.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

No, but she owes him a case of nice whisky.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

jodeke wrote:

I believe his apology. I don't go with him blaming everyone else. If you do, so be it. I read his borrowed quote as jest.

That's the whole point of him saying that, that's what being gaslit is.

That's your opinion. I don't agree with it but respect it. You're seeing something I'm not. You say I'm being gaslit, I don't think so. In the gaslit vein, I could accuse you of being gaslit, I won't, that would be insulting your intelligence. You have a different opinion of SAS than I do. In other words, we have different realities. That's what turns the globe, differences of opinions. CARRY ON!

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

to me skip gaslights people . I mean trying to out troy aikmen in a book is borderline criminal but since he just says things to gas his audience.

Stephe A on the other hand sympathized with a wife beater and has back to back racists comments. maybe you forgive one and call it insensitive 2 tells us all we need to know.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

SAS has a long history of making fun of names that he has difficulties pronouncing, in addition to the latest one related to the Nigerian basketball players. The other people on the show usually laugh with him.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Opinion: Stephen A. Smith's xenophobic comments put post-Euro racism in global context

Quote:
Smith's comments Monday about Ohtani, the first player to make an All-Star game as a pitcher and position player, demonstrate that in the US this demand for athletes of color to be perfect too often translates to an expectation that they fit a certain mold of what it means to be an American (a priority even more culturally embedded in a sport like baseball). Smith, who is Black, is well known for purposefully provocative sports commentary, but his remarks about Ohtani clearly crossed a line.

Quote:
Smith's comments rightly touched off a firestorm of controversy, especially in the wake of a national increase in anti-Asian American and Pacific Islander violence. Smith's pandering to a xenophobic ideal of American sports fandom was particularly egregious coming from a Black sportscaster -- and despite his apology, his words speak volumes about the kind of false patriotism that promotes making English the nation's official language. It's also significant that Smith's employer remains under fire for its treatment of Black on-air talent, most recently after White anchor Rachel Nichols' suggestion in a leaked tape (for which she later apologized on air) that Black anchor Maria Taylor's promotion was the result of a push for diversity over merit.

Quote:
At its most powerfully resonant, sports are not just a reflection of society as it exists; they anticipate (as Jackie Robinson's presence in baseball did) what it might become. The NFL's transition from denouncing players' peaceful knee taking protest to embracing Black Lives Matter and NASCAR's evolution toward repudiation of the Confederate flag are two of the most recent examples of efforts to address racism in sport, but this week's events prove they cannot be the last.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/opinion-stephen-a-smiths-xenophobic-comments-put-post-euro-racism-in-global-context/ar-AAMbO9L?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

His comments on the Nigerian team were cringe as well
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: