DWIGHT HOWARD Officially Back Part III Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Howard hasn’t even played with Westbrook yet but still dropped 11/6 in limited minutes if he can cut down on his stupid fouls he can end up having a nice season statistically because of players willing to pass the ball.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
gng930 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Dwight brings that physical play that perhaps was missing last year..he sometimes gets a lot of fouls like tonight, but the physical play is there.

Somehow it is different from the physical ness that Harrell would bring..not sure exactly how..it just different and more intimdating..and fun to watch.

Harrell's physical-ness was getting an elbow to the face and writhing on the floor like he was about to placed in the concussion protocol seemingly every other possession. I know that scores points with some but doesn't exactly project the intimidation that Dwight does. #ClipperTrash

Absolutely...it's not even close when it comes to physical play and defense....NOT EVEN CLOSE! That's why I was so upset that Rob chose Trez over Dwight...Trez wasn't ever needed here.

I think you are right. I for one was excited about getting Trez even though we lost Dwight. Because you see him giving max effort every night and getting hit hard. And it scores brownie points and fools you into thinking he is worth more than it seems.

But it’s just not the intimidating physical ness of Dwight and plus Dwight looks like a body of armor. And at a fraction of the costs
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
gng930 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
Dwight brings that physical play that perhaps was missing last year..he sometimes gets a lot of fouls like tonight, but the physical play is there.

Somehow it is different from the physical ness that Harrell would bring..not sure exactly how..it just different and more intimdating..and fun to watch.

Harrell's physical-ness was getting an elbow to the face and writhing on the floor like he was about to placed in the concussion protocol seemingly every other possession. I know that scores points with some but doesn't exactly project the intimidation that Dwight does. #ClipperTrash

Absolutely...it's not even close when it comes to physical play and defense....NOT EVEN CLOSE! That's why I was so upset that Rob chose Trez over Dwight...Trez wasn't ever needed here.

I think you are right. I for one was excited about getting Trez even though we lost Dwight. Because you see him giving max effort every night and getting hit hard. And it scores brownie points and fools you into thinking he is worth more than it seems.

But it’s just not the intimidating physical ness of Dwight and plus Dwight looks like a body of armor. And at a fraction of the costs

Yeah, I was excited as well because I expected him to actually put some effort on the defensive end for Vogel but I was monumentally wrong to say the least. He absolutely puts effort on the offensive end but the problem is there is zero of his tenacity or max effort kind of energy on the defensive end almost like he wants to conserve energy until he gets back on offense. Couldn't be happier to see a player leave honestly.

Dwight can't touch Trez offensively especially in there current stages but Dwight also knows his role now and does it very well which is exactly what we need for this roster. Defensively it's night and day, no comparison whatsoever between the two.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
gng930 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Yeah, I was excited as well because I expected him to actually put some effort on the defensive end for Vogel but I was monumentally wrong to say the least. He absolutely puts effort on the offensive end but the problem is there is zero of his tenacity or max effort kind of energy on the defensive end almost like he wants to conserve energy until he gets back on offense. Couldn't be happier to see a player leave honestly.

Dwight can't touch Trez offensively especially in there current stages but Dwight also knows his role now and does it very well which is exactly what we need for this roster. Defensively it's night and day, no comparison whatsoever between the two.

Exactly right…for what the Laker team needed Dwight was always the answer.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Dwight was feasting tonight against a small Warriors team. 24 min, 23 pts, 12 rebs, 3 assets, 1 blk.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dwight was feasting tonight against a small Warriors team. 24 min, 23 pts, 12 rebs, 3 assets, 1 blk.

Great to see him back, doing what he did season before last.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:03 am    Post subject:

Dwight can still play. He's an asset at the vet min. We need to keep him, Rondo and even Melo fresh for the playoffs. Keep them active at 15 minutes a game, and a lot of rest on B2Bs etc.

They're going to be assets for this team in the playoffs, IMO. Not many teams can boast having Dwight, Melo, Rondo to come off their bench.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Howard can still play and should start.
DJ has lost it. Marc Gasol was a better choice.

Too much guards and not enough SF and PF.

What was Pelinki thinking?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

If we had Howard, maybe we could have repeated? Who knows? Howard is tailored made for the Lakers because Lebron and Rondo, two of the best passers in the game, could make use of his athleticism on the offensive end. Just having teams having to account for the lobs would open up for Lebron/Rondo to operate. Westbrick could...warm the bench. We traded away Kuz for him so we need a new bench warmer.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If we had Howard, maybe we could have repeated? Who knows? Howard is tailored made for the Lakers because Lebron and Rondo, two of the best passers in the game, could make use of his athleticism on the offensive end. Just having teams having to account for the lobs would open up for Lebron/Rondo to operate. Westbrick could...warm the bench. We traded away Kuz for him so we need a new bench warmer.

Naw, our problem with the role players was we couldn't hit anything from the outside to save out lives. The biggest though was once AD was done for good in the Suns series it was officially over with Bron who was also playing hurt and couldn't fully put the team on his shoulders.

You're suggesting benching Westbrook though so I guess I shouldn't have probably even replied to this as the bottom half of your post especially is
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

DeAndre Jordan is going to be the new Shaqtin McGee. The inferior player to Dwight Howard who I have no idea why they dont give all the traditional center minutes to Dwight and only give to trash like Jordan and McGee when Dwight is in foul trouble
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Naw, our problem with the role players was we couldn't hit anything from the outside to save out lives. The biggest though was once AD was done for good in the Suns series it was officially over with Bron who was also playing hurt and couldn't fully put the team on his shoulders.

You're suggesting benching Westbrook though so I guess I shouldn't have probably even replied to this as the bottom half of your post especially is

We needed roleplayers who could make shots so we signed Westbrick. Made perfect sense.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

If every one of our players played with the hustle and passion of DH, we'd win the this chip ez.

Kiss my Converse.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
hype wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

We needed roleplayers who could make shots so we signed Westbrick. Made perfect sense.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject:

Dwight is an athletic beast
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

Dwight should start, because of how Deandre has been looking. He'll bother people more than Deandre will on the defensive end. Defensive IQ is not something Deandre Jordan has ever really had, he just hawked blocked shots. Which would be fine with our bench, but Dwight has a higher defensive IQ which we need in the starting lineup.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

We really missed Dwight 2.0

He’s such an asset in the Rodman role.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Dwight should start, because of how Deandre has been looking. He'll bother people more than Deandre will on the defensive end. Defensive IQ is not something Deandre Jordan has ever really had, he just hawked blocked shots. Which would be fine with our bench, but Dwight has a higher defensive IQ which we need in the starting lineup.

He's certainly outplayed Jordan. By a mile. I do like having his energy though off the bench. The game changes when he comes in.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

DeAndre was never actually good at basketball— just an athletic freak. Now that he isn’t that anymore, he has little value.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
MJST wrote:

He's certainly outplayed Jordan. By a mile. I do like having his energy though off the bench. The game changes when he comes in.

That's why he'll probably come off the bench...there's no doubt he's 10x better the DJ...and it's not even close.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

In my heart, I want Dwight to start, but my mind tells me he should come off the bench. I think he'd get too many fouls starting, and he's an awesome spark as a reserve.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Dwight 🔥

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1451781478354853890?s=21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Thank you Dwight 🔥

I think Dwight is gone. He was complaining to Rondo for not getting the pass earlier when he missed a turnaround back to basket, looking so awkward and feeble attempt LOL
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:41 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Thank you Dwight 🔥

I think Dwight is gone. He was complaining to Rondo for not getting the pass earlier when he missed a turnaround back to basket, looking so awkward and feeble attempt LOL

Gone? No, they needed that. Thank you Dwight. Need to see some fire in these guys. Did see some in the 4th quarter which was great.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Thank you Dwight 🔥

Would you just stop? You've posted the same thing in half a dozen threads. D12 is not gone. No one is trading him. And you've already started a thread to whine and complain about everything. That's not enough for you?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17
Jump to: