Game plan guidelines

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Game plan guidelines

Game plans should follow this format.

Rotation
Minutes for each player. The number you provide will be assumed to have a range of +/- 5. Starters must play the first 8 minutes.

Offense
Strategy and sets. You can use up to five play diagrams and three video links. Who you plan to go to, how the floor is spaced, what weaknesses you are attacking. Paint a picture in the mind's eye, help us see your vision.

Defense
Same as above, flip it for D. How you are going to take away opponents strengths, how you are going to deal with your weaknesses? How are you going to impose your will defensively?

Closing
How you will ensure that your closing lineup is rested to close, then who you put out there to get it done on both ends. Who do you go to, why does it work, how do you get stops and boards. How do you close it out?

Crystal Ball
Predict what you think your opponent will say and do and then swat it into the parking lot...if you can. This is essentially your chance to refute what you think your opponent will claim, to say he'll try this here's how we stop it. He'll say he can stop us with X but we can beat him with Y. Don't get carried away though, keep this section brief, 2-3 paragraphs max.

In Case of Emergency
If what you plan doesn't work, what else can you do, talk about contingency plans here for foul trouble, plan B if a strategy doesn't work.

Summary
A final paragraph summarizing why you win.

No page limit, but if it rambles I'll let you know. Keep the judges interested and informed, be clear, help us visualize it, be persuasive and concise. Good luck.
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject:

Also within the offense and defense sections include if/then scenarios. If he defends X with Y I do Z. If he posts up A I do B.

This can be key if you anticipate a strategy and counter it here. A real key in the past has been to anticipate the assumptions your opponent will make in game planning and then cutting him off at the knees by taking that assumption away.

You need to be thorough, if/then and crystal ball both give you the opportunity to say here's what I would do if he tries X. You can't say after the fact well of course I would have done this. If it's not covered in your game plan then the judges do their own if/then, which may not go the way you want.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: