Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 469, 470, 471 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Cain's knee was not Abel.

Lol. Admit it you were sitting on that one .
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

LOL.

I just found out about how that fight went down, right before I posted, to be honest.

I think my UFC hookup site has been infiltrated by the proper authorities. Damn.

You and the Cuz catching Jones/Smith?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Reddit mma streams GtR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Reddit mma streams GtR

Just make sure you get a good VPN service, or your ISP will threaten or actually disconnect your service due to copyright complaints.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

LOL.

I just found out about how that fight went down, right before I posted, to be honest.

I think my UFC hookup site has been infiltrated by the proper authorities. Damn.

You and the Cuz catching Jones/Smith?

Planning on it for sure.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Porier vs Holloway for the interim 155?!

The ufc is ridiculous lol

Ferguson should go to bellator at this point. He ain’t gonna get a title shot
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Porier vs Holloway for the interim 155?!

The ufc is ridiculous lol

Ferguson should go to bellator at this point. He ain’t gonna get a title shot

Dana White came out and said that Ferguson was offered Holloway for the interim title and declined.

It's also on Ferguson's twitter I believe, something along the lines of been offered a fight but not sure it meets his standards

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

Why would Ferguson want another interim title? Already had one and got stripped for his trouble.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

Tony wants more money
Fight with Conor
Or Khabib

Way more money
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Why would Ferguson want another interim title? Already had one and got stripped for his trouble.

UFC needs to END interim (bleep)

I don't care if you blew out your prostate.
When Fight day comes
Your belt is put in the middle of the ring
If you're not there
It is given to the Challenger
/EOFS

These are Men
They work til near death to improve their craft and are (bleep) on by these interim games
While stuck in a contract, right?

(bleep) Cormier too
He owed Stipe a rematch but he's being a (bleep) about it

I could give two (bleep) about old man Brock fighting a UFC fight .. who cares
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Ferguson on some different ish but I like what he brings even if the chip on his shoulder occasionally hits planetoid status. I think OLG is absolutely right. Been there done that with the disposable interim tag.

Poirier/Holloway (rhymes lol) is a strike lovers dream. Max absolutely dismantled T-City but homie had Rousey level head movement so his skill set was far easier to showcase. Dustin is a bad boy too and boxes like a vet. Great footwork and angles, combinations and is smart and a warrior. I think someone (possibly both) leave concussed.

Who y’all got with Woodley and Usman? Wood sounds a little different leading up to this one. Seems to respect Usman as a threat far more or something. Maybe I’m off. That’s the only reason I think the fight might go either way. Is it the wrestling of Kamaru?
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

I can't pick against Woodley. Usman is a stud and I wouldn't be exactly surprised if he wins, but Woodley just seems to be on a different level than everyone else. To me there is just no way to know if Usman has the stuff until he is tested against Woodley.
I feel the same way about Jones vs Smith. I am no fan of Jon Jones, but no way I predict his defeat.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Tony wants more money
Fight with Conor
Or Khabib

Way more money

You can take a fight with Max and STILL grab a fight with Conor or Khabib. He's just cutting off his nose to spite his face financially. You don't get paid if you're not fighting.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Ferguson on some different ish but I like what he brings even if the chip on his shoulder occasionally hits planetoid status. I think OLG is absolutely right. Been there done that with the disposable interim tag.

Poirier/Holloway (rhymes lol) is a strike lovers dream. Max absolutely dismantled T-City but homie had Rousey level head movement so his skill set was far easier to showcase. Dustin is a bad boy too and boxes like a vet. Great footwork and angles, combinations and is smart and a warrior. I think someone (possibly both) leave concussed.

Who y’all got with Woodley and Usman? Wood sounds a little different leading up to this one. Seems to respect Usman as a threat far more or something. Maybe I’m off. That’s the only reason I think the fight might go either way. Is it the wrestling of Kamaru?

I didn't know Porier beat Max by arm bar submission when they were much younger.

Their fight in April should be VERY interesting to say the least! It sucks for the 145ers though. That division is gonna get held up.

I think Woodley beats Usman but it might be very tough. Usman does seem to have a good chin. If Woodley loses then he might as well switch to ONE FC because no way Dana gives him a rematch.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
I can't pick against Woodley. Usman is a stud and I wouldn't be exactly surprised if he wins, but Woodley just seems to be on a different level than everyone else. To me there is just no way to know if Usman has the stuff until he is tested against Woodley.
I feel the same way about Jones vs Smith. I am no fan of Jon Jones, but no way I predict his defeat.

Agree. Initial instinct was T-Wood all day but his respect level for Usman got me double-thinking if it was such a shoo-in.

Gotta figure he can wrestle with Usman but that right hand got TNT all up in it and Usman's boxing, while not rudimentary, is not impressive to me.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

^ I got Twood all day.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

I don't see Jon Jones losing, but I can see a 36-year-old Woodley getting put to sleep by a bigger, stronger fighter in Usman. Obviously, Woodley can do the same to Usman, but I'd love to see Woodley lose since his interviews are cringe-worthy every time he's on the mic. Wouldn't be surprised either with all the time he's spending in the studio recording his terrible music instead of preparing for this fight.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Best card in a long time this weekend. Hopefully no last second pull outs.

I initially had TWood by 2nd round TKO but after watching some more Usman tape I'm not as confident in that prediction. If Usman can avoid that counter right and turn it into a dirty fast paced fight with lots of clinching, wall work, and well timed TD attempts while not falling into Woodley's trap he can possibly out work Tyron, tiring him out to win a decision.

Jon Jones should easily walk through Smith. He shouldn't even bother trying to stand with him. Just take him down and end him any way he wants

Askren-Lawler is interesting. Ben hasn't fought in a long time and has face only cans the last like 5-6 years. Lawler is coming off of ACL surgery and was looking like a shell of himself before that. If Ben plays it super safe like usual, he should be able to LnP Robbie for a boring decision. I am hoping Lawler catches him coming in with a vintage right that puts the Llama to sleep.

Damn! this card is so stacked. There's 2 great prelim fights with Johnny Walker-Misha & Zabit-Stephens. Plus we get to see if Cody can regain form. I'm (bleep) amped !!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
^ I got Twood all day.

Got to, right? Maybe T's just giving Usman due because he respects him more on a personal and professional level? Usman climbed the ladder methodically and "earned" his shot the old fashioned way. Also, maybe Wood is just more at peace with where he is in his career, in the company and just secure as a champ and knows he's just establishing legacy now. Less to prove?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I don't see Jon Jones losing, but I can see a 36-year-old Woodley getting put to sleep by a bigger, stronger fighter in Usman. Obviously, Woodley can do the same to Usman, but I'd love to see Woodley lose since his interviews are cringe-worthy every time he's on the mic. Wouldn't be surprised either with all the time he's spending in the studio recording his terrible music instead of preparing for this fight.

Dana is that you? LOL
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

I initially had TWood by 2nd round TKO but after watching some more Usman tape I'm not as confident in that prediction. If Usman can avoid that counter right and turn it into a dirty fast paced fight with lots of clinching, wall work, and well timed TD attempts while not falling into Woodley's trap he can possibly out work Tyron, tiring him out to win a decision.

Jon Jones should easily walk through Smith. He shouldn't even bother trying to stand with him. Just take him down and end him any way he wants

Askren-Lawler is interesting. Ben hasn't fought in a long time and has face only cans the last like 5-6 years. Lawler is coming off of ACL surgery and was looking like a shell of himself before that. If Ben plays it super safe like usual, he should be able to LnP Robbie for a boring decision. I am hoping Lawler catches him coming in with a vintage right that puts the Llama to sleep.

Damn! this card is so stacked. There's 2 great prelim fights with Johnny Walker-Misha & Zabit-Stephens. Plus we get to see if Cody can regain form. I'm (bleep) amped !!

Good point on Ty's conditioning issues. Although, to be fair, I do tend to think that they've been overstated, at least to a degree.

We'll see if Usman can employ a game plan that can test Woodley. But that explosive right hand is going to be sizable obstacle to overcome if pushing pace is the strategy.

Thinking about it, this fight does possess some potential to be a boring watch, unless Kam is willing to eat one for the opportunity to clinch.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Knock on wood but this might be the first card without a injury pullout with either the main or co-main in 2019.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

This card is STACKED! The Stephens zabit fight could be a classic
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

Easy with the jinx material homies!!!

Stephens is gonna take a lot of punishment to get into the pocket with Zabit so him getting pieced up seems the most likely outcome to me. If he can walk through the fire he'll have to and have enough to wear down the upstart, good on him.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Two "adverse drug test findings" but still cleared to fight.

Over it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 469, 470, 471 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 470 of 499
Jump to: