Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
My friends who are avid mma fans think Tony is going to rock Khabib. They all claim he's a 1 trick pony but I've watch the last few Khabib fights and he truly looks unbeatable as anyone I've seen. He looks even more dominant than Jon Jones imo but this is coming from a very untrained eye.

Khabib's one trick is light years ahead of everyone else's. I just think Tony is so comfortable off his back (he's submitted dudes left and right off his back) that the fear of the takedown that stalls everyone that faced Khabib doesn't exist.

With that said, if Khabib beats Tony, the only way I see Khabib losing at LW is a fluke knockout.

This is a fair summary. I think Tony probably represents the toughest matchup in the division for Khabib. Like you say he's more comfortable on the floor than previous opponents, and his motor is relentless.

I don't feel he has true one punch stopping power like some of the others do - he doesn't have the precision of Conor or power of Dustin, but he's got a motor and energy that neither can rival.

I still think Khabib wins, maybe there might be a shaky moment in there, but the truth is that he's so dominant on the ground and the longer you're there the more damaged you get, no matter how comfortable you might be when you first get taken down. His ground and pound is systematic and methodical, and would get just about anyone in the class eventually.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I will go read google but am interested if anyone knows..

What is the beef with Jones Adesanya?

There is no doubt Adesanya is insanely skilled but he lacks power and seems like the soft side of Andersen Silva.. Silva always seemed he didn't want to break someone because of how much he respected the art and his own skill.. it was never personal.

In the Gastelum fight the 5th round is who he needs to be at the start of the first.

I am guessing Adesanya started the beef to get his name in the game..no way he wants to get brutalized by Jones??
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

UFC 243 Australia Adesanya vs Whittaker
Saturday Oct 5th
ESPN+ UFC PPV - 10:00PM ET
ESPN Prelims - 8:00PM ET
ESPN+ Early Prelims - 6:15PM ET
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

There is no doubt Adesanya is insanely skilled but he lacks power and seems like the soft side of Andersen Silva.. Silva always seemed he didn't want to break someone because of how much he respected the art and his own skill.. it was never personal.

In the Gastelum fight the 5th round is who he needs to be at the start of the first.

I am guessing Adesanya started the beef to get his name in the game..no way he wants to get brutalized by Jones??

I think it's two alphas that are butting heads. The young lion wants to take over and the old lion is hanging on to his turf.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I think it's two alphas that are butting heads. The young lion wants to take over and the old lion is hanging on to his turf.

Something about Israel saying he'd like to fight Jones, then Jones countering with something along the lines of "beware what you wish for", then some back and forth from there.

The reality is that Jones would make light work of Israel, but the idea of it is probably fun to think about I guess.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Something about Israel saying he'd like to fight Jones, then Jones countering with something along the lines of "beware what you wish for", then some back and forth from there.

The reality is that Jones would make light work of Israel, but the idea of it is probably fun to think about I guess.

Yeah, if Jon can take down the likes of DC, there's no chance Israel has of staying on his feet unless Jon fools around with him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

And even Israel says he needs to clean out MW first before fighting jones. He knows he’s not ready just staying to create hype
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Wow!! I guess that’s why you’re not supposed to sprint into the pocket with your hands down
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Wow!! I guess that’s why you’re not supposed to sprint into the pocket with your hands down

Haha.

Rob was super impatient. As DC pointed out, Gastelum had a lot of success with it for a good portion his fight with the new champ. Whittaker was reckless though. Needed to keep mixing up tempo because he just became predictable and was swinging for the fences.

Give it to Israel though. He’s proven his suspect chin (from kickboxing days) was badly overrated.

But anyone else a bit annoyed with the exceedingly biased/rooting of fighters that is becoming routine for these events?

Hopefully Israel runs out of celebratory histrionics. Both pre and post fight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Haha.

Rob was super impatient. As DC pointed out, Gastelum had a lot of success with it for a good portion his fight with the new champ. Whittaker was reckless though. Needed to keep mixing up tempo because he just became predictable and was swinging for the fences.

Give it to Israel though. He’s proven his suspect chin (from kickboxing days) was badly overrated.

But anyone else a bit annoyed with the exceedingly biased/rooting of fighters that is becoming routine for these events?

Yeah what was that about? I guess Rob thought he could just walk through him?

Rob should have played it conservative and used his grappling advantage in the beginning. Once Israel gets a beat on you it’s basically over. He pretty much finished Whittaker twice in this fight
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Haha.

Yeah what was that about? I guess Rob thought he could just walk through him?

Rob should have played it conservative and used his grappling advantage in the beginning. Once Israel gets a beat on you it’s basically over. He pretty much finished Whittaker twice in this fight

The DC vs Stipe 2 syndrome. Both guys ate shots like tic tacs but they add up. Health meter ran out.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

Style Bender reminds me so much of Anderson Silva
And the result makes me respect Silva even more as he had a better closer fight with Style Bender than RW.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

Israel got his timing right very quickly with the counter strikes, and that was bad news for Rob. Didn't take him very long to work it out at all, and when he did, he landed some good shots.

It did seem clear that the UFC feel Israel is their next big star, him winning was almost a win for the company the way they hype him and talk about him.

Israel clearly thinks he can mess with JJ, I personally think he'd get smoked easily.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Israel got his timing right very quickly with the counter strikes, and that was bad news for Rob. Didn't take him very long to work it out at all, and when he did, he landed some good shots.

It did seem clear that the UFC feel Israel is their next big star, him winning was almost a win for the company the way they hype him and talk about him.

Israel clearly thinks he can mess with JJ, I personally think he'd get smoked easily.

Israel doesn't cut weight to get to 185. John cuts to 205 from 230-235. That's a HUGE weight difference much less the reach and wrestling advantage that JJ has.

Jon would tune him up like a child imo.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
And the result makes me respect Silva even more as he had a better closer fight with Style Bender than RW.

Whether it was out of respect for the legend that Anderson was or not but Style Bender beyond went easy on him. He would have put Silva in the morgue if he went at him the way he did with Whittaker.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Whether it was out of respect for the legend that Anderson was or not but Style Bender beyond went easy on him. He would have put Silva in the morgue if he went at him the way he did with Whittaker.

I do not know about that. I think Silva's defense is one of the best of all time. He has fought Daniel Cormier on a last minute notice, Style Bender, and many more and not been knocked out. Only playing games with Weidman has ever led to Silva being knocked out. Outside of that there have been freak injuries like breaking his leg and then again in the last fight something happening to his leg. However his face, and his jaw, knocking out Silva in stand up has proven almost impossible. I think Style Bender promised a knock out of Silva and could not deliver. The way Silva moves his head man, his reactions, his entire defensive process, it is like nothing I have ever seen. He was the best ever at that, IMO.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I’m with JB on this one wolf.

I think SB def held back. Silva is just too old now. Prime Silva that’s a diff question

And JB agreed similar to DC vs Stipe 2 also in the ego factor. Why didn’t Rob go for any takedowns? Especially after getting saved by the bell in round 1 lol
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I think SB def held back. Silva is just too old now. Prime Silva that’s a diff question

And JB agreed similar to DC vs Stipe 2 also in the ego factor. Why didn’t Rob go for any takedowns? Especially after getting saved by the bell in round 1 lol

I don't think he held back, I think if anything he was probably respecting Silva a bit too much, which made him hesitant. Remember we are talking about Anderson as one of the greatest counter strikers in the history of MMA, and even though he's older, he's still got some of that in there. I think Israel saw it as a potential "banana skin" type of matchup that he had to approach sensibly, if he charged Anderson there's a chance he could've finished him, but also a chance that the old man still has stopping power.

With regards to Rob, I don't understand the game plan at all. Whether ego or naivety, or just plain incompetence, he just flat out got it wrong.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
22 wrote:

I don't think he held back, I think if anything he was probably respecting Silva a bit too much, which made him hesitant. Remember we are talking about Anderson as one of the greatest counter strikers in the history of MMA, and even though he's older, he's still got some of that in there. I think Israel saw it as a potential "banana skin" type of matchup that he had to approach sensibly, if he charged Anderson there's a chance he could've finished him, but also a chance that the old man still has stopping power.

With regards to Rob, I don't understand the game plan at all. Whether ego or naivety, or just plain incompetence, he just flat out got it wrong.

The results weren't what he had in mind but I can see the logic behind Rob's approach. Gastelum had success against Israel by trying to take him into a phone booth. Rob tried the same aggressive approach, eat a few pitter patter shots to return fire up close. Rob's is not a take down guy so what's the alternative? Stay at range? It would have been even worse.

I don't think there's a path for victory for Rob. What he does well, Israel does better. Much better.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

They’re talking up Costa as the next opponent for Adesanya. And that’s a potentially entertaining and explosive firefight but I agree with the new champ, Costa is all brawn.

I’d love to see Romero share the cage with Style Bender, if only because I believe he’s probably got the goods to challenge Adesanya the best. I’ve never been a Romero fan but that matchup seems the most dangerous out of all the top contenders in the middleweight division. Doubt it happens but probably more likely than a match with JJ. Israel is too smart, he’s just milking that talk for pub.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
They’re talking up Costa as the next opponent for Adesanya. And that’s a potentially entertaining and explosive firefight but I agree with the new champ, Costa is all brawn.

I’d love to see Romero share the cage with Style Bender, if only because I believe he’s probably got the goods to challenge Adesanya the best. I’ve never been a Romero fan but that matchup seems the most dangerous out of all the top contenders in the middleweight division. Doubt it happens but probably more likely than a match with JJ. Israel is too smart, he’s just milking that talk for pub.

Definitely agree on Yoel, if he gets Israel down I don't think Israel would be able to get out of it. Israel would have to try and keep him at range and pick him off.

I'm not too sure what to make of Costa at this point. He obviously has good striking and a lot of power, and I do think people underestimate his timing and precision a bit by dismissing him like Israel is. I'm intrigued by the matchup, we certainly know Costa has stopping power. but can he land against someone like Israel? It's always gonna be the case for Israel when he faces people who face 1 punch finishing power, can he outmove them and outsmart them. This area for me is where the Silva comparison isn't as accurate, people don't realize that Anderson's power and precision were on a whole new level for that a middleweight.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

Stylebender... what a great nick name, hip hop and anime at the same time
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Love Joanna's new breasts.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Luke Rockhold is here at my humble little Vietnamese restaurant. Looks really thin (200 tops). WAY smaller than his LHW showing. Debating whether or not to do the "hey aren't you...?". He looks real low key so I'm thinking not lol.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

I know it's you but lots of famous people come here so we don't bother ya

My favorite meal back when going to u of o and pumping weights
Shrimp Chow Don
Shrimp Scrambled Egg Oil some green onion over steamed rice.
BIG Protein
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 481 of 499
Jump to: