Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 482, 483, 484 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject:

If Porier is clear to fight I think him and Connor would be great

Honest Kind Upstanding All American vs Ugly Incorrigible Maniac

It looks logical too since Khabib just beat both of them lol.. See if Connor can beat the guy Khabib just beat

Cowboy is starting to look old imho..

I don't want to see Connor fight anyone who isn't on the top of their game.. No free lunch for that (bleep).
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

Askren up now

Michael Johnson was a waste of time
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Bum out

Askren got choked out way too smooth late in 3rd

He was doing fine but Maia is too good on the ground for Askren

Ah well.

Next Saturday will be much better
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

No disrespect to Askren, but he's competing on a different level now. Looks kinda ordinary to me.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
What a strange situation... Diaz just doesn't seem like a drug cheat to me. Weed definitely, but not a PED guy.

At least the fight seems to still be on.

Wonder who Conor will fight next, who do we want?
Oddsmakers favorites:
Donald Cerrone then Justin Gaethje

Shame Holloway is fighting soon, that'd be cool. Maybe Dustin would be a cool matchup too, maybe even Pettis.

I agree that Nate doesn't seem like a drug cheat. In this day and age though, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. His two boys in the Scrap Pack, Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez both got pinched for pissing hot.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Moses wrote:
What a strange situation... Diaz just doesn't seem like a drug cheat to me. Weed definitely, but not a PED guy.

Oddsmakers favorites:

Shame Holloway is fighting soon, that'd be cool. Maybe Dustin would be a cool matchup too, maybe even Pettis.

I agree that Nate doesn't seem like a drug cheat. In this day and age though, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. His two boys in the Scrap Pack, Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez both got pinched for pissing hot.

Saw a snippet of that about the people in his camp testing positive
34 1/2 years old and 2-3 years out of competitive sports? Leads one to wonder for sure
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Moses wrote:

Oddsmakers favorites:

Saw a snippet of that about the people in his camp testing positive
34 1/2 years old and 2-3 years out of competitive sports? Leads one to wonder for sure

Those guys are super tight too. They do everything together so it does give me pause.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Demian_Maia_vs_Ben_Askren_Full_Fight_UFC_Fight_Night_162_Part_2/10328993

this was entertaining.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

Oddsmakers favorites:

I want Gaethje but I don’t think the UFC or Conor takes the risk. I wanna see if Conor’s movement is still good enough to avoid the big bomb and getting leg kicked.

Like Ronda, Conor has built up such a machismo that it’s hard to see his UFC career continuing after a devastating loss. I think that’s why he taps out easy. It doesn’t look as bad on camera.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Moses wrote:

Oddsmakers favorites:

I want Gaethje but I don’t think the UFC or Conor takes the risk. I wanna see if Conor’s movement is still good enough to avoid the big bomb and getting leg kicked.

Like Ronda, Conor has built up such a machismo that it’s hard to see his UFC career continuing after a devastating loss. I think that’s why he taps out easy. It doesn’t look as bad on camera.

Lol, taps out easily?
Why didn't Conor tap vs. Mendes?

Nate's choke was in tight and so was Khabib. You try getting a rear naked choked or a neck crank applied on you from an elite MMA fighter and see how fast you tap.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
https://mmacore.tv/videos/Demian_Maia_vs_Ben_Askren_Full_Fight_UFC_Fight_Night_162_Part_2/10328993

this was entertaining.

I haven't watched much of Askren BUT I have looked up his qualifications and the man has (bleep) pedigree and elite wrestling experience
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Askren

They both did great fighting an opponent with near identical styles. They were quoted as saying neither had fought a bout like this

And speaking of tapping early. Askren has the experience and ya saw it.. he knew he couldn't escape that choke and tried to tap before he went out..as he should've. Ref (bleep) up a little there.

Maias heel lock is evil lol. *in the Michael Johnson fight earlier the fighter had a leg lock on him and it made me curious how violent you are allowed to be in defense. Could a person grab a foot that is locked in and use all their strength to twist that one foot as hard as possible even tearing it or injuring it to get free? Or hammer fist the ankle joint until it was forced to release?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
And just like that looks like he got cleared ROFL

I knew it!!!!

This dude, man.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear something else pop up between now and then though.

Poirier and Alvarez LOL
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
22 wrote:
Moses wrote:

Oddsmakers favorites:

Lol, taps out easily?
Why didn't Conor tap vs. Mendes?

Nate's choke was in tight and so was Khabib. You try getting a rear naked choked or a neck crank applied on you from an elite MMA fighter and see how fast you tap.

When did I say the choke wasn't tight in either situation? (and in the khabib fight it's more the pressure of the crank not the choke)

Conor is a front runner. He's great when the fight is going his way or he has a huge size advantage (trying to fight Edgar lol). In adversity he folds and looks for a way out. Why do you think he went for that takedown on Nate? He practically handed Khabib his back too. It's well known in MMA that's one of the ways to "quit" without throwing in the towel. That's what I was talking about.

Conor is smart enough to know a submission loss is far better for his brand than a KO loss.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I knew it!!!!

This dude, man.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear something else pop up between now and then though.

Poirier and Alvarez LOL

Dustin had to apologize LOLOLOL
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I knew it!!!!

This dude, man.

Poirier and Alvarez LOL

If he was trolling, it was a good one.

Just glad the fight with Gamebred is still on!!

JB, this may be cause for a meetup if I can convince wifey LOL
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I knew it!!!!

This dude, man.

Poirier and Alvarez LOL

Ugh, I'm going to have to stream it. Just realized I have work duty on Saturday.

FUCCCKCCKCKCKCKCKCKKCKCKCK!!!! I should have planned this earlier...so pissed. For some reason I thought it was closer to Thanksgiving .
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to Diaz vs Mosvidale. That would be rampage!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I knew it!!!!

This dude, man.

Poirier and Alvarez LOL

Ugh, I'm going to have to stream it. Just realized I have work duty on Saturday.

FUCCCKCCKCKCKCKCKCKKCKCKCK!!!! I should have planned this earlier...so pissed. For some reason I thought it was closer to Thanksgiving .

Sheeeeeeit man. Feel that.

I’ve been way busy with Baby Girl and gigs all year but this was one worth trying to make happen. All good my man. Definitely in the future. UFC ain’t going nowhere.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

I knew it!!!!

This dude, man.

Poirier and Alvarez LOL

Sheeeeeeit man. Feel that.

I’ve been way busy with Baby Girl and gigs all year but this was one worth trying to make happen. All good my man. Definitely in the future. UFC ain’t going nowhere.

I'll try to see if I can move things around. I'll know for sure by Wednesday.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I'll try to see if I can move things around. I'll know for sure by Wednesday.

Things just got interesting..lol.

Lemme know what's good.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

Hyped about Saturday's card.

Love me some Nate and Gamebred. What a matchup. Throw two dogs in the cage and let 'em go to work.

Not really seeing how Nate wins, to be honest. Masvidal has superior quickness, boxing/striking skills, snap and knows how to get angles and is one hell of a counter puncher. Nate got that reach advantage but his real talents are extreme cardio and mad ground game. Just not sure how he gets Jorge to the ground or to the brink of "E" on the gas tank. Not to mention, Jorge has an underrated kicking game which, as we saw in the rematch with Conor, can give Nate some real issues.

Should be a firefight for sure and I think we all come out winners but I think it's just Gamebred's time. Dude is rolling and I just don't see how Nate can put Jorge in trouble through attrition. It is 5 rounds though. Happy to just watch and enjoy though. Been a while since I had zero skin in the game and this one is gonna be lit.

Interested to see how Till does without having to kill himself to make weight, particularly, if he's got a better chin. Gastelum is a tough SOB but that reach is gonna be a problem. Re-watching his fight with Adesanya, it was a lot closer than I remembered it being. There was actually a point late where Kelvin had Stylebender hurt with a head kick and foolishly chose to shoot for a takedown. I know he was probably spent at the time and instincts just took over but that weak attempt really gave Israel all the time he needed to recover and then some. Maybe Kelvin catches Till with that jackhammer left cross? They're both southpaws, right?

And interested to see if Walker can continue to dazzle against a very tough, durable opponent.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Despite all the conflict of interest and criticism regarding the belt, that BMF strap is a stone winner.

And Longo is right, after Gamebred and Diaz kill each other, nobody gonna care who's holding the championship belt.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Hyped about Saturday's card.

Love me some Nate and Gamebred. What a matchup. Throw two dogs in the cage and let 'em go to work.

Not really seeing how Nate wins, to be honest. Masvidal has superior quickness, boxing/striking skills, snap and knows how to get angles and is one hell of a counter puncher. Nate got that reach advantage but his real talents are extreme cardio and mad ground game. Just not sure how he gets Jorge to the ground or to the brink of "E" on the gas tank. Not to mention, Jorge has an underrated kicking game which, as we saw in the rematch with Conor, can give Nate some real issues.

Should be a firefight for sure and I think we all come out winners but I think it's just Gamebred's time. Dude is rolling and I just don't see how Nate can put Jorge in trouble through attrition. It is 5 rounds though. Happy to just watch and enjoy though. Been a while since I had zero skin in the game and this one is gonna be lit.

Interested to see how Till does without having to kill himself to make weight, particularly, if he's got a better chin. Gastelum is a tough SOB but that reach is gonna be a problem. Re-watching his fight with Adesanya, it was a lot closer than I remembered it being. There was actually a point late where Kelvin had Stylebender hurt with a head kick and foolishly chose to shoot for a takedown. I know he was probably spent at the time and instincts just took over but that weak attempt really gave Israel all the time he needed to recover and then some. Maybe Kelvin catches Till with that jackhammer left cross? They're both southpaws, right?

And interested to see if Walker can continue to dazzle against a very tough, durable opponent.

I want Jorge to win and I think the only way he loses is if he gets baited into a scrap instead of picking Nick apart. I think Jorge is pretty much better everywhere except on his back but Nate's not going to take him down imo. Nate's world class cardio is usually an advantage for him but Jorge would match him step for step in that regard. That said, I wouldn't be surprised either if Jorge says F this and just scraps. Both guys are G's.

As for Till, I wish him the best but I don't think moving up in weight class is going to help his chin much although it probably will help him out overall to be closer to his natural weight. Your chin is your chin imo. To be fair to Till, the two shots that flat-lined him would have put anyone in that division to sleep.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Anyone want to hook a brotha' up with a stable stream? I'm using the usual suspects and they keep dying. People must be streaming like crazy for this one.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Good fights coming up
all the prelims out of way

I recognize these names ..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 482, 483, 484 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 483 of 499
Jump to: