Animated Icons and firewall question (again)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Animated Icons and firewall question (again)

I've had this problem before, and I got good advice on how to quickly fix it, but it's been awhile and I just recently updated my Zonealarm firewall, and now the icons that used to move don't any more.

An I'm an old man who's lucky he remembers how to turn on the computer, let alone remembering how to change what zonealarm does to my computer to stop the animated icons from moving.

Can someone please let me know (again) what I need to do?

This time I'll print out the answer (but I'm not promising I'll remember where I put it the next time this happens).
JasonLG
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Hey JIFISH, long time. I've had that issue with ZoneAlarm too (when I had it installed). I think it may be a caching issue where Zonealarm will only display the first frame in the animated icon/image. It has been a while since I last used ZoneAlarm, and when I did, I could not find a way to make the images animate.

I hope someone else can shed some light. I just wanted to say hello....hehe.
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Firstly, buy a mac.

if that's not an option, can't you lower the program control down a notch? I'm guessing that would be able to fix it.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject:

The problem is not the OS it's a security setting the firewall automatically makes when its installed. I vaguely remember that I had to go into that long list of settings that you can set to allow or disallow things, and I had to change a setting from off to on for whatever program it is that makes the icons move. Someone posted the information from some sort of FAQ on ZoneAlarm's website on what to change. I guess I should go there and hunt it down.

And hey Jason, it has been awhile. But I know that I am forever grateful that you had the vision and the drive to create this site. I hope both you and the site (and the team) continue to prosper and flourish long after I've taken up my next occupation of pushing up daisies.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject:

EUREKA! (I found it!) In the zonealarm program, in the section called Privacy Settings, you customize the ad blocking mechanism by clicking CUSTOM, the in that section you unmark the "Block Animated Ads". And now the smilies are moving again.
JasonLG
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad you found the option to fix the issue.

Hey, we'll keep it going here at LG. Let's just hope the Lakers make a move.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: