Best/Favorite Buddy Cop Film

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Best/Favorite Buddy Cop Film

Not sure if this is already a topic, if so, merge...

48 Hours (Eddie Murphy & Nick Nolte)
Running Scared (Billy Crystal & Gregory Hines (rip))
Rush Hour (Chris Tucker & Jackie Cahn)
Beverly Hill Cop (Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, John Ashton)

Not sure if these would qualify but Midnight Run (Rob De Niro & Charles Grodi)...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Shockerx8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Lethal Weapon hands down
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject:

3 of my favorites are Martin Lawrence movies.
Big Mama's House (not exactly a buddy cop movie, but sorta)
Blue Streak (starring Luke Wilson as Luke Wilson)
Bad Boys (Robert Horry's a damn fine actor)
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Damn... I forgot about Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.. that scene in BBII when Martin's daughter was going on a date was funny as hell...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Exick wrote:
Damn... I forgot about Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.. that scene in BBII when Martin's daughter was going on a date was funny as hell...

Haha, one of the better scenes!
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in Hot Fuzz
The Rundown... does that count?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject:

Easily it's Lethal Weapon. Had the best action, the 2nd best pairing ever (Rush Hour had the best pairing ever), and the end fight scene set the tone for all other "ending fight scenes" to these types of flicks.

My other top 14 Buddy Cop films:

2 - Die Hard (A reach, but Reginald Veljohnson was Bruce's buddy even though they shared screen time for about a minute at the end but the action of that film basically based around 1 location is truly remakable - risky as hell - yet still remarkable)

3 - Rush Hour (Genius pairing, I was jealous that I wouldn't have ever considered those 2 together and they were magic in their debut)

4 - 48 Hours (Another reach since Eddie wasn't a cop, but still some of the most hilarious scenes and jokes I've ever seen. The TRUE start of the Buddy Cop films genre)

5 - Beverly Hills Cop (Eddie alone was hilarious, thank God Stallone originally turned it down)

6 - Deep Cover (A reach, since Goldblum wasn't the cop, but Fish and Gold had great chemistry and I really wanted them to do another film together in that same vein but both as cops)

7 - Tango & Cash (Underrated flick but great one line zingers from each other throughout...I actually wanted to see them make a T&C2 )

8 - Die Hard 3 (Sam Jackson was funny, but they played the Black/White cop theme to the hilt)

9 - Bad Boys (The launching of Will Smith's action hero career, and after that, he stole all of Martin's mannerisms and comedic style - go watch all of The Fresh Prince POST Bad Boys and you will see)

10 - The Last Boy Scout (Another reach - Damon Wayans wasn't a cop - but it was still entertaining enough, especially the girl that played Bruce's daughter)

11 - Men in Black (We're they really cops though? . Loved Tommy Lee in that and it took the buddy cop film to the sci-fi level)

12 - In The Heat of The Night (The ORIGINAL buddy cop film and original Black/White buddy cop film. Landmark for its time and theme, with great acting by Stieger and Poitier)

13 - Running Scared (The first time you see a buddy cop film where both cops are pretty much the same but it wrks tremendously. Also Launched Jimmy Smits career)

14 - Rush Hour 2 (Same duo, same impact. The Chinese restaurant on Crenshaw was hilarious )

15 - Metro (Eddie and my high school buddy Mike Rappaport do a decent job as a duo)
REPPIN 818
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Superbad (Mclovin & the cops)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I love running scared:

"They won't pay me no more, and I'm maaad...."
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Beverly Hills Cop, without a doubt!
48 Hours
Running Scared

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments in life that take our breath away"
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Easily it's Lethal Weapon. Had the best action, the 2nd best pairing ever (Rush Hour had the best pairing ever), and the end fight scene set the tone for all other "ending fight scenes" to these types of flicks.

2 - Die Hard (A reach, but Reginald Veljohnson was Bruce's buddy even though they shared screen time for about a minute at the end but the action of that film basically based around 1 location is truly remakable - risky as hell - yet still remarkable)

3 - Rush Hour (Genius pairing, I was jealous that I wouldn't have ever considered those 2 together and they were magic in their debut)

4 - 48 Hours (Another reach since Eddie wasn't a cop, but still some of the most hilarious scenes and jokes I've ever seen. The TRUE start of the Buddy Cop films genre)

5 - Beverly Hills Cop (Eddie alone was hilarious, thank God Stallone originally turned it down)

6 - Deep Cover (A reach, since Goldblum wasn't the cop, but Fish and Gold had great chemistry and I really wanted them to do another film together in that same vein but both as cops)

7 - Tango & Cash (Underrated flick but great one line zingers from each other throughout...I actually wanted to see them make a T&C2 )

8 - Die Hard 3 (Sam Jackson was funny, but they played the Black/White cop theme to the hilt)

9 - Bad Boys (The launching of Will Smith's action hero career, and after that, he stole all of Martin's mannerisms and comedic style - go watch all of The Fresh Prince POST Bad Boys and you will see)

10 - The Last Boy Scout (Another reach - Damon Wayans wasn't a cop - but it was still entertaining enough, especially the girl that played Bruce's daughter)

11 - Men in Black (We're they really cops though? . Loved Tommy Lee in that and it took the buddy cop film to the sci-fi level)

12 - In The Heat of The Night (The ORIGINAL buddy cop film and original Black/White buddy cop film. Landmark for its time and theme, with great acting by Stieger and Poitier)

13 - Running Scared (The first time you see a buddy cop film where both cops are pretty much the same but it wrks tremendously. Also Launched Jimmy Smits career)

14 - Rush Hour 2 (Same duo, same impact. The Chinese restaurant on Crenshaw was hilarious )

15 - Metro (Eddie and my high school buddy Mike Rappaport do a decent job as a duo)

notice that most of those movies has a black cop and a white cop.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

notice that most of those movies has a black cop and a white cop.

Yep. After the success of 48 Hours...That opened the floodgates.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: