Feeding the Post & Spacing and Teamwork (LG blog)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Feeding the Post & Spacing and Teamwork (LG blog)

These are my two newest blog posts.

The first one covers how the various angles we get from the sideline triangle can take advantage of bad positioning by defenders in the low post. It's very important with regards to the Jazz series and how we can use good and accurate passing to get the ball into the post quickly

Link: http://forums.lakersground.net/blog.php/2009/04/22/feeding-the-post/

The second one covers spacing and how it contributes to our high level of teamwork, specifically passing. I will explain how all five players are expected to pass because they're always in a position to pass. This is clearly illustrated by the fact that Ariza had 9 assists last night. We have a lot of assists as a team, but it's usually spread out and everybody contributes to ball movement and flow. This particular issue can be regarded as the essence of the whole system.

Link: http://forums.lakersground.net/blog.php/2009/04/22/spacing-and-teamwork/

If I have the time later today, I will watch Game 2 again and will only concentrate on how we defended Williams on penetration and what we need to do to improve, such as having more effective and purposeful rotations.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Wilt.

Mods please sticky.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Wilt.
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Wilt -- can you do a followup on the Lakers offensive performance, especially the rebounding? The assists were extremely low in the first half; it seemed like they were playing too much iso ball out there.
FatSam99
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject:

Have I ever mentioned how much I like your writing? The clarity with which you write puts most basketball writers to shame.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Hey Dan! Coming from you, it means a lot! Thanx.

Slippy - You probably meant Game 3, right? That one has been already forgotten. Game 4 looked good on paper, but I still think we need more cutting with a purpose, more flashing to the low and high posts, and better spacing. Kobe made tough shot after tough shot. If those shots don't fall, we're in trouble. I am thrilled to see Brown making shots. He rarely makes a wrong move or cut. It's as if he's been running this system for a while.

I am working on something new right now. It'll be done soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: