Possible Laker Parade

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obeykobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Possible Laker Parade

I will be a first time attendee of the parade if the Lakers win two more games (I don't want to say they will and jinx it). I'm not a new fan, just a young one. 21 years old, in case you're wondering. I'm just curious to know from experienced parade attendees and fellow Laker fans:

What should I expect? Should I camp out? And if so, where and how many days in advanced? Should I keep my car at UCLA and bus it the rest of the way?

Any insight would be great. Btw, anyone else planning on attending? Thanks guys.

Last edited by obeykobe on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject:

WTF dude?!

We may lose 2 in a row and we're 2-2 so don't get too ahead of yourself
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject:

just show up the early morning of... thats what my family and i did for the last 9 championships... we always parked at 9th street and olympic Blvd.

i was to young to remember where we parked when la played at GWF
swcom120
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject:

these type of threads just need to stop. Anyone wanna ask the Mavs about this sort of thing?
Bryant-Bynum Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Parade

obeykobe wrote:
I will be a first time attendee of the parade if the Lakers win two more games (I don't want to say they will and jinx it). I'm not a new fan, just a young one. 21 years old, in case you're wondering. I'm just curious to know from experienced parade attendees and fellow Laker fans:

What should I expect? Should I camp out? And if so, where and how many days in advanced? Should I keep my car at UCLA and bus it the rest of the way?

Any insight would be great. Btw, anyone else planning on attending? Thanks guys.

You should camp out from now on and don't get on this forum with your jinxing remarks.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject:

BURN HIM!!!
obeykobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
just show up the early morning of... thats what my family and i did for the last 9 championships... we always parked at 9th street and olympic Blvd.

Thanks Lakers999 - a real response. Like I tried to state in my original post, I'm not trying to jinx anything nor was I trying to get ahead of myself. I'm just trying to plan accordingly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Possible Laker Parade

obeykobe wrote:

The parade is normally down Figueroa and turning onto Chick Hearn Drive. There used to be a huge parking lot there for the rally, but now it's LA Live. Stay tuned.
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject:

obeykobe wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

Thanks Lakers999 - a real response. Like I tried to state in my original post, I'm not trying to jinx anything nor was I trying to get ahead of myself. I'm just trying to plan accordingly.

You edited your original post which was nothing like this and it was titled Lakers Parade not Possible Lakers Parade.

But its all good, my point is this series isnt over. Let's not get too cocky
ErictheCeltic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject:

WOW if ever there was a Jinx
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject:

TJ Simers just said there would be a parade, and he is a hater.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Parade

obeykobe wrote:

you can drive there. and park just like you're going to a game. just a bit further then usual. because people will be standing in the lot direction across from staples. the first one i went to was the first one we won with shaq and kobe. and it was packed like no other. perhaps 500,000 or so people. it was insane. what was really crazy was how i still bumped into so many old friends going back to junior high school(middle school). even in that large of a crowd.
obeykobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject:

Lakersarethebesteva wrote:
obeykobe wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:

You edited your original post which was nothing like this and it was titled Lakers Parade not Possible Lakers Parade.

But its all good, my point is this series isnt over. Let's not get too cocky

I edited the title from "Laker Parade" to "Possible Laker Parade".......
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Parade

postandpivot wrote:
obeykobe wrote:

you can drive there. and park just like you're going to a game. just a bit further then usual. because people will be standing in the lot direction across from staples. the first one i went to was the first one we won with shaq and kobe. and it was packed like no other. perhaps 500,000 or so people. it was insane. what was really crazy was how i still bumped into so many old friends going back to junior high school(middle school). even in that large of a crowd.

There is no lot across from Staple's. It's LA Live. No way they could put that sort of crowd there.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject:

LG party at the parade

there's no Jinx. We're winning this
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject:

Don't we still have time for this kind of discussion......
LALSDGIRL24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject:

I would also be going for the first time...how soon after they win would the parade be? Is it the next morning? (I know it probably depends on if they were to win in Orlando or in LA.)
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject:

LALSDGIRL24 wrote:
I would also be going for the first time...how soon after they win would the parade be? Is it the next morning? (I know it probably depends on if they were to win in Orlando or in LA.)

I think it would be 2 days after the clincher. It wouldn't be the next morning. At least I think it wouldn't.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject:

swcom120 wrote:
these type of threads just need to stop. Anyone wanna ask the Mavs about this sort of thing?

Ouch.

I remember how Mavs fans in other boards got too over-confident in 2006 going up by 2-0 just to get screwed by the refs love for Wade.

THREADS LIKE THIS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE RIGHT NOW.

They should all be at least locked too.

C'mon fellas, c'mon.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
swcom120 wrote:

Ouch.

I remember how Mavs fans in other boards got too over-confident in 2006 going up by 2-0 just to get screwed by the refs love for Wade.

THREADS LIKE THIS ARE NOT APPROPRIATE RIGHT NOW.

They should all be at least locked too.

C'mon fellas, c'mon.

Sorry

I'm excited today. We just need to win 2 out of 5 games for the title.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject:

rak617 wrote:
Don't we still have time for this kind of discussion......

Yeah. We're using that time to discuss it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: