Hot Dogs! List Your Best Hot Dogs Spots Hea!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject:

phayze one wrote:
Anyone ever go to The Infield in Sherman Oaks on Ventura/Beverly Glen? It's a little stand that used to be The Dip I believe. It's got a cute little setting; the seats are from Doyer's stadium. I just got a chili dog but their menu seemed very interesting.

The first time I went there I didn't realize they only took cash until my order was up, which came out to be ~$8. Embarrassed, I told them I didn't have enough cash, so they said to just "come back tomorrow" to pay. Then one of the guys said, "well do you have any cash at all?" I had about $4 and he said "that's good enough for me, enjoy!"

I'm going to try that place just based on how they handled your cash strapped visit.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Chewrockan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Chewrockan wrote:
There is a place in North Hollywood on Lankershim called Vicious Dogs that is, bar none, the best hot dog place around. And that includes Pinks, Carney's, and Costco.

Here is the link:

Vicious Dogs

I peeped their menu...they don't make chili dogs?

I've never had one there, but I'm pretty sure they will put whatever you want on a dog.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Is Weiner Factory the one that got replaced by Jeff Suppan's restaurant or the one that they just shut down and it's still sitting there decaying and boarded up?

Isn't a wiener factory any club with too high a male to female ratio? I prefer the clam shack...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Oh LB, I thought I already mentioned it previously in this thread, but apparently I didn't. Tommy's. I already know you like Tommy's chili. Get one of their dogs with chili, cheese, and mustard on it. Seriously good.

Bet. I might even do that today. Thanks.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Chewrockan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Chewrockan wrote:
There is a place in North Hollywood on Lankershim called Vicious Dogs that is, bar none, the best hot dog place around. And that includes Pinks, Carney's, and Costco.

Here is the link:

Vicious Dogs

I peeped their menu...they don't make chili dogs?

I've never had one there, but I'm pretty sure they will put whatever you want on a dog.

Oh ok.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject:

Anybody been to Fabs yet?
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats the Best Hotdog?

Fallout wrote:
Been craving for a good hotdog lately. Good burgers are easy to find, but a nice big juicy dog is hard.

So far I tried:

Wiener Schnitzel-Horrible horrible
The Hat -the chilli dog is not bad
Jody Maroni - the Kobe dog is not bad, but its about 7 bucks for it.

Where can I find a good big polish dog or something like it?

der winerschitzel is only for children. the dogs are mushy. can't believed that's what i loved when i was a kid. oscar meyer dogs are unedible now.

as for polish dogs...pinks is great. but be warned, very spicy. there's chili flakes in them. they literally fly in the air as you bite them. i've ordered extra and had them w/eggs for breakfast...yummy.

i like pinks. the chili cheese dogs were great. the huell howser w/2 dogs in the bun are for people who are glutens for punishment...i only need one dog at a time.

as far as store bought...nathan's are very good. there's a lousiana style one that i can't think of the name...something like bar 7. again, very spicy, very tasty.
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I had this monster hot dog at an Angels game a while ago that was really good. Really expensive, but really good. You get them at the stand behind the rock fountain. Of course you'd have to go to a game to get it. I'm not sure what company it was that owned the stand.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject:

LALdynasty! wrote:
I had this monster hot dog at an Angels game a while ago that was really good. Really expensive, but really good. You get them at the stand behind the rock fountain. Of course you'd have to go to a game to get it. I'm not sure what company it was that owned the stand.

if the dogs aren't hot, they're not so good and the buns fell apart when you eat them.

yeah, they're pricy but it's like eating 3 regular dogs so i can rationalize getting one.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject:

I like Aunty Annie's and Pinky's.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
miccheck1228
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Chewrockan wrote:

Here is the link:

Vicious Dogs

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: