GameFlow - Feb. 7 - Lamar and Brian

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: GameFlow - Feb. 7 - Lamar and Brian

LA Lakers 87 Dallas 102
GameFlow
BoxScore

Lamar Odom and Brian Cook stepped up to help the Lakers make a game of it. In 39 minutes of play, in obvious pain, Lamar returned to the court and scored 14 points, grabbed 6 rebounds (5 offenive), and dish 7 assists. With Chris Mihm still out, it would have been no contest at all without him. Brian scored a career high 28 points on 12 of 16 shots.

After a disasterous 1st quarter, that was one big 27-10 run for the Mavericks, the Lakers once again found themselves with an uphill climb. And so they did; with a 18-9 run the finsh the first half, and a 21-8 combined run in the 3rd quarter. For a moment, they actually had a 2-point lead! Brian scored 12 in the 2nd quarter and Kobe Bryant scored 12 of his 24 in the 3rd.

Once the moment was over, Dallas went on a 19-2 run that spanned into the 4th quarter. In the final period, they could get enough stops and shot badly; just 30% and 39% for the game.

I'm with COCO!

Last edited by PopcornMachine on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm still disappointed in Phil's substitutions. The line-up of Lamar, Brian, Devean, Kobe, and Smush was winning the game, and Phil brought the 3 momentum killers at the end of the third and beginning of fourth to throw the game away.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Maybe it's just me but all i see from Phil is trying to find ways to kill the games he's purposely trying to tank the games i'm not sure what message he's trying to throw out to the Management but it's sure as hell pissing me off.
nate2k3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Brian Cook played awesome today and helped keep us in the game. Besides the "cookie monster" devean was active jumping for boards and producing. Kobe always gonna get his points. Kudos to Lamar for sucking up and producing. The worse would go to kwame-i don't know where to start, just finish the sentence.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

replace cook with kwame.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I must say I was a little suprised by Phil's substitutions at the end of the 3rd considering how well they had been playing.

Maybe he was hoping, as he often does, that they would work it out for themselves. But things went downhill very quickly at that point.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

Charles wrote:
I'm still disappointed in Phil's substitutions. The line-up of Lamar, Brian, Devean, Kobe, and Smush was winning the game, and Phil brought the 3 momentum killers at the end of the third and beginning of fourth to throw the game away.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the game. The lineup to start the 4th was horrible and the Mavs went on a big run.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lamar Odom and Brian Cook stepped up to help the Lakers make a game of it. In 39 minutes of play, in obvious pain, Lamar returned to the court and scored 14 minutes

You must have been too frustrated with the loss too pop.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: