KINGS -at- LAKERS - 3/22 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

DB- Kobe was hit on the arm, as he was passing the ball, thats why he turned it over. And the offensive foul scott wall called on him trying to catch a pass in the high post while artest digged into him, was a tragic call.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"He's awesome," said Artest, who didn't garner the same praise after he had seven turnovers to go with 18 points and 10 rebounds. "He hit that last shot, and I was like, 'Damn,' but then I was like, 'That's Kobe.' "

Artest's son was even more in awe. After some had noticed Bryant and Artest didn't shake hands beforehand, the mutual respect was apparent afterward, when Artest ran down a hall to catch Bryant. Artest's son, 4-year-old Jeron, desperately wanted a picture with Bryant, who happily obliged.

Thats cool. I bet if artest had it his way, he would love to be playing alngside Kobe. Id love for it to happen.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
MY NKPOG (Non-KWAME Player of the game) goes to Kobe Bryant.

Sorry, Klone_dd, I had to steal that and use that line.

What th'? My lawyers are preparing the copyright infringement papers as we speak.

Excellent game by Kwame. He didn't rush. He stayed very focused. And voila! Another tantalizing breakthru game. You gotta appreciate that LO was consistently looking for him the whole game, too. My chant to Kwame: "Be like Ben. Be like Ben."

There were some key sequences in the 4th that were really impressive. Without Kobe on the floor to start the 4th, Sac cut the double digit lead to 8 and the Lakers offense seemed to stall. Too much perimeter passing, not enough going to the basket. Phil doesn't call a timeout. DG misses another shot, but there's Kwame aggressively tipping in the miss. Next LO drains a long 3. Nice to see the team didn't wilt without #8.

Sasha's little tiff with Bibby was also key. Bibby is Sac's glue and Sasha really rattled him which helped to delay any kind of 4th Q push from Sac. Just another way someone can contribute without having it show up in the box score.
stopthiZ8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

Great JOB DB as always
Like I expected a balance game and that's exactly what we saw.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Whats up with Cook? He seems a lil bit scruby on the last 5 games or so.
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

Kwame played a great game. If I'm not mistaken, he even dove to the floor to chase after a loose ball. Can't say that I've always seen that type of hustle out of him. I hope he keeps it up.

A little disappointed with Bynum's lack of minutes. I would have thought that with Brad Miller not being too effective, we might have seen more of the kid. I wonder what's going on there? Perhaps Jackson realized that he needed to milk Kwame's great game as much as he could?
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

Good game.

Now if Phil would just give Jackson Sasha's minutes...
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB.
Our guys had me a little nervous at the end there as the Kings started to get back in it, but we have Kobe and he killed them off at the end.
Kwame was awesome, his defense is always there but he was way more controlled offensively in this game. I like the fact that he and Odom seem to work so well together. One of the most pleasing stats for me is Kobe's 3pt shots he really made an effort to take good shots and we looked better for it.
I really dont care that the Kings looked tired after the back to back, we simply wanted it more and we played a smart controlled game. When we play with composure like that we are really tough to beat.
Thanks again DB, that was a really enjoyable game (and not just cause Bibby got rattled).
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
DB- Kobe was hit on the arm, as he was passing the ball, thats why he turned it over. And the offensive foul scott wall called on him trying to catch a pass in the high post while artest digged into him, was a tragic call.

Thanks. I must have missed the replay and didn't catch it during live action. That makes more sense.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

jwbrown77 wrote:
Good game.

Now if Phil would just give Jackson Sasha's minutes...

And miss Bibby getting all pissy?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:

A little disappointed with Bynum's lack of minutes. I would have thought that with Brad Miller not being too effective, we might have seen more of the kid. I wonder what's going on there? Perhaps Jackson realized that he needed to milk Kwame's great game as much as he could?

Certainly, if Kwame is putting together a complete game...dominating at some points... you've got to let him run for some extended PT. You really have to look at the stretch when Kwame wasn't in the game and Bynum was also on the bench. That's the window of criticism (did I just coin a new phrase? )
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
And 1 wrote:
Certainly, if Kwame is putting together a complete game...dominating at some points... you've got to let him run for some extended PT. You really have to look at the stretch when Kwame wasn't in the game and Bynum was also on the bench. That's the window of criticism (did I just coin a new phrase? )
PJ stated that he wasn't happy with Bynum last few games where he wasn't reacting quick enough and he was getting blocked by a 6'8" player that was embarrassing?!?!?! Even when PJ needed to give Kwame a small "blow in the "late middle" of the 4th quarter - he decided to go small with LO in the "5" (an idea I had shared when the need requires a "change of pace") instead of Bynum and made much more sense from an "experience" point of view.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

This is the point in the season that Phil wants to put the players on the court that work together best. Phil has his current starters really working together, establishing a rhythm, and moving that ball around. They know one another well. It's not the time to experiment with prospects.

Andrew does have alot of raw talent... Right now, however, Andrew is probably more focused on following instructions, and learning his place, in the triangle.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

Here's a comment from Phil about Bynum's PT:

Quote:
Jackson said he likes to provide Bynum with "success opportunities," placing him in game situations that won't hurt his confidence or damage the Lakers' playoff pursuit. "Obviously with a team that's .500 on the edge of being in or out of the playoffs, that's a priority," Jackson said. "But he's come along really well."

LINK

A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Here's a comment from Phil about Bynum's PT:
Quote:
Jackson said he likes to provide Bynum with "success opportunities," placing him in game situations that won't hurt his confidence or damage the Lakers' playoff pursuit. "Obviously with a team that's .500 on the edge of being in or out of the playoffs, that's a priority," Jackson said. "But he's come along really well."LINK
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep23mar23,1,5757915.story - Rookie Andrew Bynum has had his share of rough moments, as most 18-year-olds tend to have in the NBA. Jackson was not thrilled with Bynum's play during the recent three-game trip.

"He was late, he was behind," Jackson said. "He was not quite caught up to the action in these games. We're trying to get him activated a little bit quicker in the games. I'd like to see him defensively establish himself out there. I think offensively he can do some things. He had a shot blocked in Boston by a guy 6-foot-8, and that was kind of embarrassing. There's those little moments he's going to have."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: