Seat Upgrades yet? Online 1st World Problems Upgrade Process
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Seat Upgrades yet? Online 1st World Problems Upgrade Process

Anyone contacted this month to upgrade their season tickets yet?

Rep said its going to be online this year for the first time. Welcome to the computer age Lakers.

Yes… I will pre empt the:

"1st world problems" comment

Last edited by VocabuLaker on Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
aplmu1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

A lot was made about a good number of season ticket holders possibly not renewing (not me). I know the upgrade process has started this year with a new online system letting you view all available inventory. My upgrade time isn't for a little bit. I wanted to ask anyone who has season tickets and has gone through the upgrade process as to what kind of seats were available? Were there a good number of open seats? Any 100 level tickets?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I know for sure that a pair opened up in section 215.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Upgrades yet?

VocabuLaker wrote:

Rep said its going to be online this year for the first time. Welcome to the computer age Lakers.

1%er AND self aware... NICE. JK

I know that there are about a dozen seats right on the Laker bench that are WIDE OPEN as of right now.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Upgrades yet?

PLATNUM wrote:
VocabuLaker wrote:

1%er AND self aware... NICE. JK

I know that there are about a dozen seats right on the Laker bench that are WIDE OPEN as of right now.

No they aren't. Haven't you seen the photos?

Kobe is FAT!
GoLakers80
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

For the people who have gone through the upgrade, what was the lowest row numbers for 2 seats together in the 100's, 200's (205-206, 214-215) and 300's (317-319, 301-302)?

This will be my 10th season as a lakers STH and I'm hoping to get seats in the 200's corners in Row 9-10.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

GoLakers80 wrote:
For the people who have gone through the upgrade, what was the lowest row numbers for 2 seats together in the 100's, 200's (205-206, 214-215) and 300's (317-319, 301-302)?

This will be my 10th season as a lakers STH and I'm hoping to get seats in the 200's corners in Row 9-10.

I don't know if it will provide any insight to the current situation, but in 2004 I had seats in 301 and my upgrade option was in 215 Row 8.

It really comes down to what opens up and who has had seats longer. My guess is that not many seats open up in the 100's. People tend to hold on to those.
GoLakers80
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I was in Sect 105 this past year but planning to downgrade to 200's. Hopefully I'll hear some good news next week. Thanks for the info.
Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

I've had seats since 2000 and I just got an email sent to me to see what's available online with an appointment to speak with a rep on next week to choose my seat upgrades. I'm in the 207 right now and will either move a few rows down or in the same section (behind basket) or a few rows up towards the corners of the 200 level.

The upgrade system is pretty cool. You can see exactly what seats are available. Not much in the better 300 sections unless you're in the last couple rows (12-15) or way over to the corners. This could change by the time of your upgrade time. Obviously this is a much better system than what it was in the past.
aplmu1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

Jeff wrote:
I've had seats since 2000 and I just got an email sent to me to see what's available online with an appointment to speak with a rep on next week to choose my seat upgrades. I'm in the 207 right now and will either move a few rows down or in the same section (behind basket) or a few rows up towards the corners of the 200 level.

The upgrade system is pretty cool. You can see exactly what seats are available. Not much in the better 300 sections unless you're in the last couple rows (12-15) or way over to the corners. This could change by the time of your upgrade time. Obviously this is a much better system than what it was in the past.

Definitely sounds like a better system than past years where you had to just accept the location they offer you. So they let you see what's available even before your appointment time? What did available seating in the 100 level look like, if anything?
Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

aplmu1 wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Definitely sounds like a better system than past years where you had to just accept the location they offer you. So they let you see what's available even before your appointment time? What did available seating in the 100 level look like, if anything?

I didn't spend much time looking in the 100s but there is definitely availability especially behind the baskets and corners. Almost all sections in the arena have pairs open, but usually the worst seats in the section (last rows or furthest from center). No idea what it will look like when you get your chance though.
GoLakers80
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

Jeff, did you see pairs available in the 200's corners- Sec 205, 210, 214, or 219?
Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

GoLakers80 wrote:
Jeff, did you see pairs available in the 200's corners- Sec 205, 210, 214, or 219?

Yes, in the rear of those sections, rows 7-12 there are several pairs per section. I think that's where I might try to move to.
GoLakers80
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

Jeff wrote:
GoLakers80 wrote:

Yes, in the rear of those sections, rows 7-12 there are several pairs per section. I think that's where I might try to move to.

I'd go for 205 or 210 closest to the premier seats to get the best possible center court view. The only downside is only one aisle that gives you access to these very corner sections in the 200's.
aplmu1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

Jeff, is the link to see available seating through the season ticket account manager? Or is it a different site where I would put my username/password?
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

wow I posted this thread a while ago… and now folks are responding… cool. I have not been contacted yet. Currently in sec 105 towards back.
JustLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Section 205, 210, 214 and 219 are great sections in 200 level as they are closer to the premium section. I am currently being offered upgrade from one of the above sections, but i am not sure if I should upgrade due to their current roster and their situation.

They seem to have available seats in all section even the 101, 102 and 103. There seem like lots of people cancelled their season tickets this year. I have couple of friends who canceled due to the long season that Lakers had last year and maybe the same this year if they don't make a move and sign a big name and a coach.
JustLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
wow I posted this thread a while ago… and now folks are responding… cool. I have not been contacted yet. Currently in sec 105 towards back.

Section 105 has seats available as of right now.
aplmu1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Looking at the center court sections (110-112, 119-102), there are a bunch of seats open. I was told that it takes YEARS to get there (10+ years). I guess many did, in fact, drop their seats. Dozens of seats open in the 200 level, also.
Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

aplmu1 wrote:
Jeff, is the link to see available seating through the season ticket account manager? Or is it a different site where I would put my username/password?

They email you a link to view the seats through your Ticket Exchange account. You need to sign in.

I moved over a couple of sections to 214 today.
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

aplmu1 wrote:
Wow. Looking at the center court sections (110-112, 119-102), there are a bunch of seats open. I was told that it takes YEARS to get there (10+ years). I guess many did, in fact, drop their seats. Dozens of seats open in the 200 level, also.

I have only been a season ticket holder for 3 years... I can only hope there is something avail that good for an upgrade.
JustLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
aplmu1 wrote:

I have only been a season ticket holder for 3 years... I can only hope there is something avail that good for an upgrade.

There are lots of choices as of tonight. Unless they sign a huge super star then tickets will sell fast.
EdfromSimiValley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject:

I got the emailed link yesterday and checked out the selection last night as my rep will call me this afternoon to make my selections. They suggest making a few choices in case your first preferences aren't available anymore. I really like how they made it interactive so you can choose exact seats and scan the view. They finally updated all the ticket related pages on the site. It's 2014 after all.

Anyways, I was very surprised at the amount of seats available in most locations. In years past the renewal rate was in the high 90%s so I couldn't even move down a row without sacrificing view. There are even seats in like sections 101, etc. at center court. Shocking. Plenty in the 200's now as well, and not just like 4 or 5 in each section. A good number of aisle starting seats as well, so I'm very surprised.

Looks like a lot of people dropped out, so if you are upgrading and have been trying to really improve for years, this is a great opportunity.

Best of luck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Well... I guess now I have a better chance of an upgrade now that.. Mello is not coming to the Lakers.
aplmu1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject:

I'm still waiting for my appointment time. Anyone who's had their appointment time within the last couple of days know what kind of seats are available? Still a lot of 100 level seats? Anything in the upper level close to center court?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: