Is this team worse then last years team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

Jim99187 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
I'm looking at the Lakers and wondering if the team is worse then last year? This is a really bad roster with lots of holes. If Kobe is still injured this is going to be a long season.

All the losers but 1 r gone. Time for n young to shutup and play or go home
Jim Buss, Ryan Kelly, Robert Sacre, Nick Young and an injured frustrated Kobe. We add a mental melt down former All Star center. A washed up torn ACL rehab player with no defense. Rookies for the most part hit a wall around January and can't hang with the NBA schedule. People think a first year rookie is going to be an All Star that just doesn't happen. I am happy about the youth but it will take a few years to rebuild this club.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

Jellojigglin wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
I'm looking at the Lakers and wondering if the team is worse then last year? This is a really bad roster with lots of holes. If Kobe is still injured this is going to be a long season.

Jim Buss, Ryan Kelly, Robert Sacre, Nick Young and an injured frustrated Kobe. We add a mental melt down former All Star center. A washed up torn ACL rehab player with no defense. Rookies for the most part hit a wall around January and can't hang with the NBA schedule. People think a first year rookie is going to be an All Star that just doesn't happen. I am happy about the youth but it will take a few years to rebuild this club.

To answer your post question it's still better than a 21 win team.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

mttbk wrote:
some people have ZERO basketball since. I guarantee you won't support this with any facts! My bad are, you just lonely. Do you just need someone to talk to. We're all here for ya buddy. What's really up?
Use spell check
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

It is odd that you would post this after assessing the team quite differently a cople weeks ago:
Jellojigglin wrote:
Tough looking club!

Jellojigglin wrote:
This week the team made great progress getting back to the top. Go Lakers!

Something happen to change your mind?
Summer Pro League and the recent trades in the NBA.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is this a joke? Hibbert, Lou, bass, a more experienced clarkson and black, and DLO already make them better.

Also Randle healthy.
Randle is overrated and a rookie this season.

So an injured Randle is better than a healthy one?
How many minutes is he going to play? Is he a starter for this team or is he on the bench?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

IF Kobe can give us 25-30 minutes a night, for 70 games we should be better. He's the difference maker; IMO.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Is this a joke? Hibbert, Lou, bass, a more experienced clarkson and black, and DLO already make them better.
Those players are nothing to get excited over. I've been on LG longer then most laker fans have watched games. Just because I think the team looks crappy doesn't mean I can't share my thoughts here.

You're not asking whether the team is crappy. You're asking if they're better than last year and the answer to anyone knowledgeable about basketball is a resounding yes.

Edit: You're actually asking if they're worst but my post still applies. This team is much better than the team we had last year.
Maybe I need to join the Robert Upshaw hype thread...
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

Jellojigglin wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

So is your thread really a question of whether or not the Lakers will be worse than last years team?

Or is it a trick question that you use to tell people who say no to your question how bad kobe is now and how long it will take to rebuild?

What is your point?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Easily. Easily.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Yes. We should win like 34-36 games this year. We got a legit rim protector, a healthy Kobe, an improved Clarkson, a scorer of the bench in Lou Williams and I believe Randle and Russell should also add something to the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Also Randle healthy.
Randle is overrated and a rookie this season.

So an injured Randle is better than a healthy one?
How many minutes is he going to play? Is he a starter for this team or is he on the bench?

Dude you created a post asking if this team is better than last year's squad. If you want to change to post to better state your intentions than feel free to do so. Randle played 14 minutes last year. He is undoubtedly better than the iteration of himself that played 14 minutes.

Your question should be IMO if this team can win more than 21 games. I red believe they will.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Hibbert> Hill
Bass> Boozer
Randle > Davis
Kobe> Wes
Clarkson > Ellington
Lou> Jabari Brown
Russell> Lin

Nobody knows if Randle > Davis and Russel > Lin that is only your guess and I just hope you are right, but they didn't show it yeat. Davis was a good role player while Randle is nothing yet.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't think one can over-estimate the value of rim protection in this league.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

Jellojigglin wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

It is odd that you would post this after assessing the team quite differently a cople weeks ago:
Jellojigglin wrote:
Tough looking club!

Jellojigglin wrote:
This week the team made great progress getting back to the top. Go Lakers!

Something happen to change your mind?
Summer Pro League and the recent trades in the NBA.

Summer league.... Hahahahaha.....hahaha.............ha
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

Jellojigglin wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

Why do u ask people if u r going to argue with them

Nobody said we r dompeting next yr
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

This team is much better then last years team. Last years team was a bottom 3 roster. We got better at every position and the bench. I think this is a playoff roster.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
This team is much better then last years team. Last years team was a bottom 3 roster. We got better at every position and the bench. I think this is a playoff roster.

Yea not only is the team better but they will at some point in the 3rd quarter of the season be in the playoff hunt anywhere from 7-10 and although they will look lost at times and have bad stretches I think there will be a stretch of 20 or so games where we see the true potential of this squad moving forward and its going to be a really fun season i think
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject:

It is neither worse then nor worse than last year's team.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
mttbk wrote:
some people have ZERO basketball since. I guarantee you won't support this with any facts! My bad are, you just lonely. Do you just need someone to talk to. We're all here for ya buddy. What's really up?

Use spell check

If you are going to offer "spell check" advice...it's a good idea to follow it yourself.

Your OP......

I'm looking at the Lakers and wondering if the team is worse then (than) last year? This is a really bad roster with lots of holes. If Kobe is still injured this is going to be a long season.

Last edited by kobe_luver on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I think you're in for a major disapointment. Team is better than last year but not by much especially since Scott is still the coach.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

Last year's team was better than a 21 win team. It took starting Sacre and Price and shutting players down for trifles in order to work our way down to 21 wins.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Any team that lost Jordan Hill, Carlos Boozer, Wesley Johnson, and Wayne Ellington is BOUND to be a better team. Those scrubs were soaking up so many minutes and together were an absolute dumpster fire on defense.

Adding in an elite rim protector in Hibbert and another guard that actually moves the ball (Russell) will only do good things. Then add Bass and Randle as a solid PF rotation with a rookie 3&d SF (Anthony Brown) and we should be a significantly better team SIMPLY because the parts we have actually fit together. Kobe is a bit of a wildcard at this point and who knows what Lou Williams and Nick Young will do off the bench, but assuming at least one of those guys manages to fit into a ball-movement offense and we will be much better.

I'd be happy with a top 20 defense and a top 10 offense all else failing. Top 15 defense and top 10 offense would be a grand success I think.

Last edited by Rawr on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I think you're in for a major disapointment. Team is better than last year but not by much especially since Scott is still the coach.
We're going to be a surprise this year. Everyone is counting us out. I think the young core are going to have a major impact and Hibbert will return to form.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this team worse then last years team?

LakersRGolden wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

Last year's team was better than a 21 win team. It took starting Sacre and Price and shutting players down for trifles in order to work our way down to 21 wins.

A good second point. The incentive to tank is less next year. So by virtue of that we will be better than 21 wins.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

is this 2.1?

Of course were better. Having an actual center alone is a huge upgrade.

Other posters have already pointed out how easily this current team is better than any of the multiple lineups Scott tried.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12
Jump to: