View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject:

T_TIME wrote:
ocho wrote:
Not even close.

+1. I just don't taste what others are tasting when they say 5 Guys > In-N-Out...

It's the excess grease.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject:

Five Guys is overrated.

I'm waiting til they open Five Girls.
theronartestament
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject:

rip zyzz
pillboxer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject:

In-n-out > 5 Guys
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject:

BTW...what do people think about the new Wendy's burgers? I always liked them (almost as satisfying (if not as good) as In N Out) but I had the new burger two weeks ago and thought something was off. Sure enough they switched up the way they make them.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Wendy's's not bad. Bit pricey for me.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject:

In N Out seems a lot like Dunkin Donuts in the east. The locals support it like mad, but when you try it, you say, "meh". They use good, fresh beef, and then ruin it by not flame broiling it. Kind of like cooking a ribeye to well done.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Five Guys seems a lot like Dunkin Donuts. The locals support it like mad, but when you try it, you say, "meh".

Fixed.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
24 wrote:
Five Guys seems a lot like Dunkin Donuts. The locals support it like mad, but when you try it, you say, "meh".

Fixed.

Nope. In N Out serves a quality grease burger, but still a grease burger. You can get that in any number of old style burger joints around the country.

Let me ask you this: If you are going to make tasty burgers at home, do you fire up the grill, or reach for the frying pan?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
24 wrote:

Fixed.

Nope. In N Out serves a quality grease burger, but still a grease burger. You can get that in any number of old style burger joints around the country.

Let me ask you this: If you are going to make tasty burgers at home, do you fire up the grill, or reach for the frying pan?

If it tastes good, it tastes good. Grill, Frying pan, whatever. I grill whenever I have time at home, which I rarely do. But that has nothing to do with the In N Out vs Five Guys debate because they all use the same griddle.

You probably can but not even close to the prices In N Out offers and not even close to the good taste. My only complaint is that the burgers are so small but that's it. May not be grilled but it's sure as hell better than Five Guys. Every time I get off the plane in LA, I go straight for In N Out. I have less enthusiasm for overpriced Five Guys burgers (which aren't grilled by the way) and their salted cardboard fries. Decent, certainly better than most, but doesn't hold a candle to In N Out.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
24 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
24 wrote:

Fixed.

If it tastes good, it tastes good. Grill, Frying pan, whatever. I grill whenever I have time at home, which I rarely do. But that has nothing to do with the In N Out vs Five Guys debate because they all use the same griddle.

You probably can but not even close to the prices In N Out offers and not even close to the good taste. My only complaint is that the burgers are so small but that's it. May not be grilled but it's sure as hell better than Five Guys. Every time I get off the plane in LA, I go straight for In N Out. I have less enthusiasm for overpriced Five Guys burgers (which aren't grilled by the way) and their salted cardboard fries. Decent, certainly better than most, but doesn't hold a candle to In N Out.

I haven't eaten at 5 guys, so I have nothing to say about the comparison. I just find the cult of in n out odd, to say the least. Significantly underwhelming after having so many people hype them to me.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
24 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
24 wrote:

Fixed.

I haven't eaten at 5 guys, so I have nothing to say about the comparison. I just find the cult of in n out odd, to say the least. Significantly underwhelming after having so many people hype them to me.

Then you would be in disbelief about the Five Guys hype. As for In N Out, it's really the combo of price and taste. I've tasted better burgers than In N Out, but they're also more expensive or time consuming (i.e. sit-down or self-grill). For a whole meal at In N Out, I can get a third of a burger at Five Guys or a restaurant that features a full grill.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
Wendy's's not bad. Bit pricey for me.

Forgot to mention that I haven't ate Wendy's since '07. But in total, I think 3 or 4 times I ate Wendy's.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject:

First off, I rarely ever eat Burgers and even rarer is me eating a fast Food Burger.

I've had In&Out, Tommy's, Whoppers, and they are just ok, the one I do like is the Carl's $6-dollar Burger...

How does that compare to 5 Guys???
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject:

This is why Californians are fat

Quote:
Southern California burger chain Slater’s 50/50 whipped up the cholesterol-heavy item as part of its new offering, the "‘merica" burger. The all-bacon patty is topped with a slice of thick cut bacon, a sunny side up egg, a new “bacon island” dressing and a heartly slice of bacon cheddar cheese.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
T3R
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I been wanting to hit Five Guys up for awhile for their burgers, heard good things about it.

re: In-N-Out. I liked them in the late 80's/early 90's. Especially early mid 90's. Must be my imagination, but their burgers taste more bland now.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Man, I'm in the middle of a juice fast and Five Guys burger and fries sounds soooo good.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Man, I'm in the middle of a juice fast and Five Guys burger and fries sounds soooo good.

Run to your nearest In N Out. You'll appreciate the advice. As for the fries, just salt a piece of cardboard and you'll be fine.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject:

We all know the best burger is from that HA-waiian burger joint from Pulp Fiction!
T3R
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject:

IMO Five Guys tastes exactly like Wendy's.

Seriously, exactly same flavor as Wendy's burgers.

As for best burger, the usual suspects, Apple Pan, Pie N Burger, In-N-Out, Tommy's, Father's Office, etc.

But i've liked The Hat for many years, known for their pastrami, but they make an unexpectedly decent burger.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject:

The Habit is better than everything mentioned in this thread.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Not even close.

second this. it also costs twice as much as in n out. the only thing i really liked was their cajun seasoned fries.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
oddjohn
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

how about In N Out?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Five Guys>In-n-out
And I enjoy both. But the patties taste better at 5 guys IMO.
I love the way in-n-out's spread tastes. But 5 guys tastes like better quality. The burgers almost melt in your mouth.
Of course the 5 Guys' Cajun fries blow away the fries at In-n-out as well.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

In n Out is the best burger for me.

Followed by The Habit. Then 5 Guys.

Fwiw, both Anthony Bourdain and Gordon Ramsey are on team In n Out. But to each their own!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: