BREAKING OT: Kyrie traded to Celtics for Isaiah, Crowder, Zizic, and Nets' unprotected 2018 pick.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I think BOTH Teams are rolling the dice on this trade.

Cleveland hopes these new players are good enough to make LeBron stay after the upcoming season, but they could also lose LeBron & Thomas, which would force them to also dump Love and be rebuilding for the next 6 years!

Boston went crazy this off season, they will be returning only 4 of the 15 guys that got them the best record in the East last year! And a couple of those four are bench players. Celtic Fans will have you believe ALL the changes are HUGE upgrades and it will put them in a position to be playing the Warriors next June!

But the Basketball Gods know there is this mysterious force of nature called "Chemistry" and changing out that many moving parts is no guarantee for success.

Personally I think Boston gave up too much, they should have at least kept the Nets pick (which could be #1 again) and gave up the Lakers pick (which might be as low as 5 - 8) instead.

Time will tell with this one... and if it helps the Lakers in some abstract way, then I'm happy!!!!
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

The trade is fine for both side.

Celtics got an offensive minded PG with prototypical size and no injury concerns. He will fill a similar role as IT but will have to be less protected on defense since he is bigger.

Cavs got an injured point guard who can recreate Kyrie's production on offense when healthy with more defensive limitations + a good SF on reasonable contract (Crowder) to help defend opposing wings + a projected top 5 pick next year. The trade keeps them competitive in what may be Lebron's final year in a Cavs jersey as well as setting them up for the future with the 1st round pick.

With recent news stating Cavs want to ask for more due to IT's hip injury, I would say (bleep) off if I was the Celtics. It was also generally seen as a good trade for the Cavs. At most I might throw in a 2nd round pick or rights to swap 1st round picks (Celtics and Cavs picks) in 2018.

The second best offer for Kyrie was Malcolm Brogdon + Khris Middleton + 1st rounder (projected to be 19). This trade also has injury concern as Middleton had a torn hamstring last year. Brogdon was a very good rookie last year and was a ROTY candidate. The 1st rounder is much worse than what the Cavs offered.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

It's a bit early but so far, it's looking pretty good for the Celtics don't you think? Told you so.

I don't know if they can beat the Cavs in the playoffs it will depend on IT's health but the team is cruising after a huge loss in Hayward.

The Brooklyn pick may not be a in the top 5 especially if the Nets win a few with your former D'angelo Russell. They are barely better than the Lakers now. There are other horrible teams too this year.

Crowder hasn't been used as effectively in Cleveland as he was in Boston so far. We'll see about this after IT gets back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: