Rewind to last summer: Trade Dlo, Clarkson, and Randle to Indy for PG13?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Rewind to last summer: Trade Dlo, Clarkson, and Randle to Indy for PG13?

We lost all of them for different reasons and with varying results (Dlo and Clarkson for cap space; Randle for nothing, but arguably for cap space as well).

By they are all gone. If we make that trade, we will have PG but still have Moz on the team. Not sure if we could have signed lebron in that scenario.

Interesting idea tho, thoughts?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

He was a one year rental. No.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Rewind to last summer: Trade Dlo, Clarkson, and Randle to Indy for PG13?

BigBallerBrand wrote:
We lost all of them for different reasons and with varying results (Dlo and Clarkson for cap space; Randle for nothing, but arguably for cap space as well).

By they are all gone. If we make that trade, we will have PG but still have Moz on the team. Not sure if we could have signed lebron in that scenario.

If Paula George wanted to be a Laker, he'd be one. He's weak minded and lets his agent and Russell Westbrook lead him around like he's on a leash.
cusu32000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

DLo brought back Lopez, who may be an important piece this year. And the only reason the Lakers have a chance to bring him in on a discount is because he was part of that trade, I think.

More importantly, the DLo trade included a 1st round pick coming back that turned into Kyle Kuzma.

In some ways, I'd rather have Kuzma than PG13 with Lebron on the roster and Kawhi a good possibility.

Clarkson also turned into a pick in Wagner who may pan out.

In retrospect, it would've been nice to get something for JR, but nothing you could really do there.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

DLo trade got us Kuzma so no, I wouldn't have sent DLo for Paul George. Paul George couldn't beat Utah with WB on his team. Got nowhere with Indiana. Not sure why so many wanted him. Like I've been saying all along before, the Lakers dodged some bullets with Melo and DeRozan. They might have dodged another one in Paul George so we'll see.
e7flash
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

DLo trade also got rid of Mozgov’s terrible contract

Last edited by e7flash on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Wow this really made me stop and think.

We'd have to offload Mozgov or Deng to get LeBron w/o DLO, Clarkson or Randle - so out of Ingram, Zo, Kuzma and we wouldn't have drafted Josh Hart.

LeBron's pretty good, so let's stick with that guy. We've kept a good # of the core.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

In retrospect it’s even clearer to me that he wasn’t worth any assets. He CHOSE to be 2nd fiddle in a middle of nowhere with a franchise that hasn’t and won’t win anything because he made a friend there? Lol.

No way he could have survived here in the big city with Lebron and the lights and the media and the expectations. In the closeout game vs the jazz what was he like 2-16 with 5 points and 6 turnovers? That’s him...soft.

To me Kuzma has the potential to be better and is not a punk, plus we offloaded the Mosgov contract...so no, I think we all got blinded by possibly improving our squad that has been awful recently, but I honestly don’t think he’s the man for the job. Kawhi might not be either TBQH.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

The Pacers wouldn’t have taken that deal.
LakerInToronto
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Nope.

PG's quote that the "Lakers didn't get him" when he wanted to go there shows that at his core he doesn't actually care about winning. Us holding out the year to keep our assets to be stronger if he signed was doing him a favour.

That he can't see that and prefers OKC right now just proves that he's comfortable as long as he's paid, liked, and has no pressure on him. AKA the opposite of a Laker.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
The Pacers wouldn’t have taken that deal.

wouldnt... and or didnt. we still arent sure what was offered. But either way.

Dlo = Brook, Kuzma and Hart.

Clarkson = Wagner, IT and Frye.

Randle = Rondo trade off with Pelicans.

So essentially, we still got value and assets back from the guys we had.
shakobe24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Pacers wanted Ingram or #2 pick, so no. George showed his true colors. If he was really about winning why not at least take a meeting with Magic and wait and see where LeBron goes? The Lakers have the better superstar better young players and more flexibility to add another star to the team. If he said it was about the $40 mil I would at least respect his decision.
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

If my understand is right, I dont think pacer want Dlo, JC and randle. They want BI or 2nd pick which magic un-reluctant to give them.
End day is we propose a trade with pacer, pacer reject and we did not give them what they desire, we move on, pacer move on, PG move on.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I think fans here slowly realize they seriously overrated Russell, Clarkson, and Randle

Funny how things have played out the past 2 yrs
KingGioV21
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rewind to last summer: Trade Dlo, Clarkson, and Randle to Indy for PG13?

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Stop it. Don’t try to create a narrative where there isn’t one. Everyone here (I mean 80% when I say everyone) over valued Randle. My personal feeling about hi. Was that he was bully ball with not jumper and the rest of the NBA wouldn’t value him. Come to find out, that’s exactly how it was. Clarkson wasn that good. Dlo May never live up to the talent and Nance was the cost of doing business. That is all.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

Better question is the nets got rid of mozgov for dwight.

We potential could of kept dlo and had dwight right now (maybe the money doesn't make sense though??)
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject:

I'm glad we got rid of the ones no longer here...

As for Paul George... We dodged a bullet. I admit that I didn't realize how mentally weak he is. After watching the 3rd part to his series; I came away feeling like he would have pissed us all off repeatedly with stupid comments and lackluster play.

George is a tailor made #2 guy with 3rd option tendencies.

So yeah... We're good.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

Will y'all quit whining over PG. what the hell has he done in his career that validates all of this whining. He would have been a luxury, not a necessity. We caught the big fish. There are plenty of players that we can get through a trade or through free agency next summer that can fill what PG would have done. We have guys on our roster right now that have the potential to be as good if not better than PG.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

That wasn’t the trade offered

ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported the Lakers are attempting to trade the Nos. 27 and 28 picks along with Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson for Indiana Pacers star Paul George.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
That wasn’t the trade offered

ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported the Lakers are attempting to trade the Nos. 27 and 28 picks along with Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson for Indiana Pacers star Paul George.

Kuzma, Hart, T.Bryant and Randle for PG13... more than fair in this monday morning quarterbacking game... forget this PG13 foo, he don't wanna be here then he don't wanna be here. We got other superstar that wants to be in P n G. Move on
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

PG is soft and can't handle the heat
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
PG is soft and can't handle the heat

Seriously, (bleep) PG. We got LeBron, and PG is NOTHING compared to LeBron. Next summer, we'll get Kawhi, Klay, Butler or someone else to pair with him, which will be way better than having PG.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Rewind to last summer: Trade Dlo, Clarkson, and Randle to Indy for PG13?

BigBallerBrand wrote:

No hes mentally weak
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

PG would have (bleep) about something and left
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: