2020-21 OFFICIAL FREE AGENTS AND TRADE THREAD (TITLE DEFENSE SQUAD)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: 2020-21 OFFICIAL FREE AGENTS AND TRADE THREAD (TITLE DEFENSE SQUAD)

Reportedly, free agency may be happening around sometime after Thanksgiving. That being said, this will be a huge offseason. There are three competing visions:

1. save cap space for 2021 and a chase at Giannis: there have been many threads about 2021 cap space, and the lengths to which the Lakers will have to cut/trade players (including LBJ taking a sizeable paycut) just to have cap space.

2. go all in for a 2020-21 title defense, even if that includes signing players to longer than 1 year deals.

3. a hybrid of both. Try to get quality players that will take the full MLE, maybe trade players who have expiring deals.

My short list of available FAs that are somewhat in the realm of possibility:

Millsap
Gasol
Ibaka
Gallo
Teague
Favors
Bazemore
Dragic
Fournier
Tristan
Marcus Morris
Clarkson
Mo Harkless
Roberson
Vanvleet
Harrell
Baynes
Holiday
Wes Matthews
Korver
RHJ
Giles
Melo
Noel
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

good job Yin
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

I trust Rob to make the right moves.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: 2020-21 OFFICIAL FREE AGENTS AND TRADE THREAD (TITLE DEFENSE SQUAD)

yinoma2001 wrote:

Millsap
Gasol
Ibaka
Gallo
Teague

Favors
Bazemore
Dragic -- probably not remotely realistic tho
Fournier
Tristan
Marcus Morris
Clarkson
Mo Harkless
Roberson
Vanvleet
Harrell
Baynes
Holiday -- Justin
Wes Matthews
Korver
RHJ
Giles
Melo
Noel

Guys I like from this list. Fournier/Ibaka/Gallo probably command the full MLE. But we might be able to split it among say, Harkless and Baynes or something.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2020-21 OFFICIAL FREE AGENTS AND TRADE THREAD (TITLE DEFENSE SQUAD)

yinoma2001 wrote:
Reportedly, free agency may be happening around sometime after Thanksgiving. That being said, this will be a huge offseason. There are three competing visions:

1. save cap space for 2021 and a chase at Giannis: there have been many threads about 2021 cap space, and the lengths to which the Lakers will have to cut/trade players (including LBJ taking a sizeable paycut) just to have cap space.

2. go all in for a 2020-21 title defense, even if that includes signing players to longer than 1 year deals.

3. a hybrid of both. Try to get quality players that will take the full MLE, maybe trade players who have expiring deals.

Millsap
Gasol
Ibaka
Gallo
Teague
Favors
Bazemore
Dragic
Fournier
Tristan
Marcus Morris
Clarkson
Mo Harkless
Roberson
Vanvleet
Harrell
Baynes
Holiday
Wes Matthews
Korver
RHJ
Giles
Melo
Noel

We already won . Once AD resign with that 2 plus one. We gonna go all in with him and Lebron. If Giannis wants to come here in 21 then let his brother send the message . But we can’t rely on something we can’t control. He can also change his mind anytime.

So I’ll pass on 21 and be ready for 22.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

I'm for the 2022 plan.

Give out 2 year deals so players don't feel they're a 1 year rental. Get that chemistry going again, add some new blood to be hungry for a ring.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

This is a very good analysis of the upcoming Lakers off-season and even though I don't want CP3 (and his $85mil contract) or some of the other scenarios, it does do a great job describing the various Contracts/Trades/Free Agent options:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-offseason-preview-chris-paul-is-an-ideal-trade-target-but-rob-pelinka-has-other-big-name-options/

I like the idea of the Lakers packaging Kuzma to get D'Russell from the Twolves. They could select Ball and putting him alongside Towns and Kuz, would be fun, plus Kuz is a local boy for them.

I also like the idea of getting Buddy Hield from the Kings, they apparently want to give Bogdon a big contract and a lineup of Fox, Kuz, Bogdon & Bagley would be exciting for the cow bell crowd...
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

DLO getting dumped again for another Ball brother would crush him LOL. Towns and DLO are tight and that probably prompted the Wolves to deal for him so I don't them trading him away this summer.

If all it takes is Green and Kuzma for Hield that would be amazing.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

Read something today (link below) about the Nets, who have Irving (PG) coming back next season to team up with Durant.

Spenser Dinwiddie was their PG last season, he is 26. I have no idea how his defense is, but he averaged 20.6ppg and 6.8asp while shooting 41% FG.

The article mentions trading Green (who makes $4mil more) to play along side Irving (at SG).

The Lakers would probably have to include more, but on paper this seems like an awesome upgrade to the Lakers staring lineup..

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nets-offseason-preview-jrue-holiday-is-the-perfect-trade-target-but-watch-out-for-smaller-deals-as-well/

Thoughts?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Here's a great article on Laker off-season options:

https://hoopshype.com/2020/11/03/how-the-lakers-can-re-sign-their-top-free-agents-and-spend-on-new-talent/
Sooke
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Free Agents Signing

Hello fellas,

First, I need to give some credit to Magic Johnson for bringing in the two most important pieces in the new Lakers dynasty - LeBron and GM Rob Pelinka. We all know who is LJ and what he can do on the court. But, I did not expect from Pelinka to be this kind if genius.Last year, in just a few days he managed to complete the team, which won the trophy # 17. So far, this year, his job as the Lakers GM is magnificent, exceptional and brilliant. I would like to give him a new nickname - Magic Rob.
Just in two days, he signed 3 very important and solid FA's - Schroder, Matthews and Harrell and with LJ & AD, he has built a lot stronger starting unit than last year. We have A.Caruso , K.Kuzma and J.McGee for the second unit. All we need is 2-3 more wing players like Davis Bertans, Kyle Korver, Glen Robinson III and Joe Johnson to complete the second unit. With these squad, we can win at least 2 more Lari O'Brian trophy and come closer to the 20 th mark.
Sooke
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

SHRODER (CARUSO)

MATTHEWS ( KCP ) Z.SAMPSON

L.JAMES (T.TINCLE ) HORTON-TUCKER

A.DAVIS (M.MORRIS ) K.KUZMA

M.HARRELL (M.GASOL)

We need a Pg and C to complete the 15 man roster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: