Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

You notice guys he has gotten calls when he do what Harden does when slashing? He's showing the ball and tempt the defense to hack his arm and he has gotten fouls out if it. If refs will start giving him those calls, I think he can fish for a foul like what Harden does
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Dude has it. He may not maximize it, but he has it
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

He was the best player and the worst player in the same game, growing pains, let the kid experience it, give him DS minutes for now
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
He was the best player and the worst player in the same game, growing pains, let the kid experience it, give him DS minutes for now

The bolded x1000. Growing pains. Get it all out now.

Kiss my Converse.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Not many players and especially young players could make several brutally awful plays in such a intense overtime game then just casually come down calmly the next play and with no hesitation take and drill the winning 3.

His decision making and passing will become much more consistent with time, the skill is clearly there but he has shown several times in his early career that mentally he's rock solid as well. That's honestly what I came away with tonight being the most impressive thing. I went from hating the dude one second to declaring my love for his game the next. Thank god we have Lebron and Dennis coming back to take over primary ball handling duties soon for this year but the kid is special and will be a problem for the NBA very soon on a consistent basis.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dude has it. He may not maximize it, but he has it

Good news is that he's got tremendous work ethic. I'd say he's trending towards maximizing it....or at the very least, he will try his damndest.

Kiss my Converse.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Not many players and especially young players could make several brutally awful plays in such a intense overtime game then just casually come down calmly the next play and with no hesitation take and drill the winning 3.

His decision making and passing will become much more consistent with time, the skill is clearly there but he has shown several times in his early career that mentally he's rock solid as well. That's honestly what I came away with tonight being the most impressive thing. I went from hating the dude one second to declaring my love for his game the next. Thank god we have Lebron and Dennis coming back to take over primary ball handling duties soon for this year but the kid is special and will be a problem for the NBA very soon on a consistent basis.

If that was someone else (Lonzo comes to mind in the past) they may have turned down that open 3 out of fear of failing. I guess that kind of confidence is valuable. Let's hope he keeps getting better.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I am excited to see THT in a non-ridiculous season, that is not being dictated by a global pandemic, where practice, schedule, games, rest, recovery, etc. are all back to normal and he can really work with staff on his development.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I am excited to see THT in a non-ridiculous season, that is not being dictated by a global pandemic, where practice, schedule, games, rest, recovery, etc. are all back to normal and he can really work with staff on his development.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

My most frustrating moments with THT this game wasn't the turnovers, it was his lack of attempts to shoot jumpers, even from the free throw line when he would have great looks. It especially highlighted that when his last several points came from jumpers, including the game winning 3.

Love the confidence in the kid. It takes HUGE go-nads to shoot that 3 after the mistakes he made in the previous possessions, that was a ballsy ass shot. And it was WET.

Very happy for him, and very excited about his future. This kid with a jumper will open up his game completely, and eventually make him near unguardable.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
You notice guys he has gotten calls when he do what Harden does when slashing? He's showing the ball and tempt the defense to hack his arm and he has gotten fouls out if it. If refs will start giving him those calls, I think he can fish for a foul like what Harden does

Talen Harden Tucker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Talen Harden Tucker

All he would have to learn is the art of flopping like a fish. Harden is basically the Floyd Mayweather of basketball. Great player, but the most frustrating player to watch because he plays on exploiting the rules as much as humanly possible.

Ironically, Harden would be the perfect mentor for THT if they were together.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakers scored 10 points in OT, 8 of those points were from THT and the other 2 was assisted by THT.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject:

BTW, on thing I noticed is he seldom or not shoot a floater at all. Is he not comfortable using it? It is a good skill to add up to his current set of skill. With the way he can slither to the basket, I think it will be a good weapon if he master it.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject:

Let's go kid!!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject:

He's so young and has barely played in the NBA. So many tools there. Very excited to see him grow and hopefully he will be a Laker for a LONG time.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject:

This game showed both sides of him at 20 yo:
* he's got the talent to be very good, not just good
* he's got the mentality to be great, not just good
* how green he is
* how much his vision needs to develop: he discovers plays as opposed to seeing them ahead of time
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:

* how much his vision needs to develop: he discovers plays as opposed to seeing them ahead of time

isnt this a gift the guys are born with that separates greats from good?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

I don't see him as a "PG." I see him as a scorer who can opportunistically pass the ball, but that also leads to his rough assist/turnover ratio.

My vision for him is more of a scorer, who can average hopefully 4-5apg too. With our injuries, we were forced to just run with him last night and he nearly lost the game. But what I admire is his fortitude, Mamba mentality wise, to take that game winning 3 even after making several costly turnovers.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't see him as a "PG." I see him as a scorer who can opportunistically pass the ball, but that also leads to his rough assist/turnover ratio.

My vision for him is more of a scorer, who can average hopefully 4-5apg too. With our injuries, we were forced to just run with him last night and he nearly lost the game. But what I admire is his fortitude, Mamba mentality wise, to take that game winning 3 even after making several costly turnovers.

Yeah, I agree. He's more of a combo guard thing
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

The games he has made too many mistakes have mostly come against the better and more sophisticated defensive schemes.

The kid will learn from these reps and improve. There will come a time where he will shred a defense like the Knicks and when he does...look out.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Talen Harden Tucker

All he would have to learn is the art of flopping like a fish. Harden is basically the Floyd Mayweather of basketball. Great player, but the most frustrating player to watch because he plays on exploiting the rules as much as humanly possible.

THT has the potential to be even better than Harden solely based on his 7'1 wingspan. He is already a better finisher around the rim and could be a better defender. But like you said, the art of flopping is an art he has to master.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, I agree. He's more of a combo guard thing

At 6'2.5" barefoot and with Inspector Gadget arms, SG/secondary initiator would seem to be his natural place.

[Even after last night], he needs to really work on his 3 ball, otherwise he'll just be another Marcus Smart/DSJ type. Great metrics, but you can leave him open and build a wall in the paint.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Talen Harden Tucker

THT has the potential to be even better than Harden solely based on his 7'1 wingspan. He is already a better finisher around the rim and could be a better defender. But like you said, the art of flopping is an art he has to master.

Let's not get carried away. Harden is likely a HOF level player. Harden at that age was a more fluid scorer, playmaker, 3 point shooter, just shooter in general. They are scoring similarly at age 20, but Harden was a 37.5% 3 point shooter
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

His 68th game, how is there any complaints lol, this guy is our future 3rd best player

Btw y’all realize next season we can safely packages Kuz/KCP/pick for a stud if THT can be that legit 6th man/back up point
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 124 of 202
Jump to: