Have you gone back to indoor dining or the gym?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you gone back to indoor dining and the gym?
Yes to both
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Just indoor dining, no gym
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Just gym, no indoor dining
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No to both
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 24

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Have you gone back to indoor dining or the gym?

No to both for me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Never went to the gym anyway, have always worked out at home.

Have not gone back to indoor dining.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Nope.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

One of the first things I did when the pandemic hit was buying myself a squat/bench rack. Already had an olympic bar with plates to go along with a pull-up bar, a tricep pulley, and resistance bands. That's all I need. Don't need to go to a gym ever again.

Kiss my Converse.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

no & no
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I just started working out after that long, Covid stretch. I wipe down everything and wear a mask, even during cardio.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Yes, of course, I'm in OC and have had all my shots (including my booster)...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm vaxxed up and masked up at all times if I'm outside my front door.
No indoor dining (only outdoor) and I've hit up the gym a handful of times. Been doing alot of swimming (outdoors). But as winter is coming "john snow". I'll be hitting the gym up more.
It is what it is.
Still take a test before seeing my elderly parents. Not trying to get them sick cause I catch something from some a-hole who thinks doing the bare minimum to move past this pandemic is "un-American".
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
One of the first things I did when the pandemic hit was buying myself a squat/bench rack. Already had an olympic bar with plates to go along with a pull-up bar, a tricep pulley, and resistance bands. That's all I need. Don't need to go to a gym ever again.

I got a Peloton Bike+ and see no need for gym cardio ever again. Just need a Tonal for strength and no reason to ever go to a gym ever again.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

We have done indoor dining and I haven’t been to a gym in decades
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

We do indoor dining but if the restaurant has patio seating then that is where we sit.

As for the gym, during the pandemic I bought a weight set so I don't need to go to the gym now. For cardio I just go jogging outside.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
We do indoor dining but if the restaurant has patio seating then that is where we sit.

As for the gym, during the pandemic I bought a weight set so I don't need to go to the gym now. For cardio I just go jogging outside.

Do you have a link to the set you bought? Just as good as going to the gym?

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Do you have a link to the set you bought? Just as good as going to the gym?

This is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/Marcy-Standard-Developer-Multifunctional-Weightlifting/dp/B003O3SFG6/ref=sr_1_31?crid=22TRKV2VTLM3G&keywords=weight+bench+set+with+weights+included&qid=1636832106&sprefix=weight+bench%2Caps%2C229&sr=8-31

Then I bought the olympic bench press bar and some weights.

Also I bought the nordic track adjustable dumbbell set.
https://www.amazon.com/NordicTrack-Select-Weight-Dumbbell-Black/dp/B08BDD6GPC/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2KVAYZ2EPI8VQ&keywords=adjustable+dumbbell+set&qid=1636832242&sprefix=adjust%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-6

My friend told me to get these because he tried some cheaper brand and he said they suck.

As far as being good as the gym, I say yes. I get a good workout. Only thing missing is the socializing with the female at the gym.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Are you worried about the safety of those adjustable dumbbells at all? I was looking at that same set, as well as the Bowflex ones. But my concern is that the weight will fall off while I’m lifting.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I have a Chuck Norris TOTAL GYM. You use your body weight. You can work all of your muscles. It doesn't take much room to store it. I fold mine up and stand it in the hallway up against the wall. I walk 3 days a week. Work out on the gym 2 days. Take the weekends off. I'm not ready for crowds. Too many unvaccinated people out there.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Are you worried about the safety of those adjustable dumbbells at all? I was looking at that same set, as well as the Bowflex ones. But my concern is that the weight will fall off while I’m lifting.

They're fine but if you have the coin, I'd get Powerblocks. I've seen the 50 pound sets go for $300 on sale. Worth it at that price. I have one up to 125 pound and I've had no issues with it. Their locking mechanism is bulletproof. If it can keep up with the strain of the bigger weight, the smaller ones shouldn't remotely be a concern. I bought it second hand but from my communication with Powerblock (I reached out to get a locking pin for the bonus weights my purchase didn't come with), my model is at least 15-20 years old.

I know the more recent Powerblocks can be upgraded. That's another huge bonus. Most people start with the 50-55 pound dumbbells but if you're serious about lifting you're going to blow right pass those in no time.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I’ve been using the Bowflex ones for like 4 years, never had any issues with them. I even use them for kettlebell swings.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

They're fine but if you have the coin, I'd get Powerblocks. I've seen the 50 pound sets go for $300 on sale. Worth it at that price. I have one up to 125 pound and I've had no issues with it. Their locking mechanism is bulletproof. If it can keep up with the strain of the bigger weight, the smaller ones shouldn't remotely be a concern. I bought it second hand but from my communication with Powerblock (I reached out to get a locking pin for the bonus weights my purchase didn't come with), my model is at least 15-20 years old.

I know the more recent Powerblocks can be upgraded. That's another huge bonus. Most people start with the 50-55 pound dumbbells but if you're serious about lifting you're going to blow right pass those in no time.

Do you find that the weight on the adjustable dumbbell is distributed differently from a normal dumbbell? Does that interfere with the exercises at all? Where do you store the extra plates when they’re not in use?

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Do you find that the weight on the adjustable dumbbell is distributed differently from a normal dumbbell? Does that interfere with the exercises at all? Where do you store the extra plates when they’re not in use?

Distribution is the same. It's a dumbbell with weights on either side of a handle...

On the floor right in front of my bench. Where else would you put it? You lift the weights you need and put it right back. I'd recommend rubber gym mats. Not the cheap crap but the thick ones that're like 8x4'. You can substitute with horse stall floormats. It's same ish but the ones made specifically for gyms have more traction. It's not necessary with the smaller dumbbells but when you start tossing around heavier weights and plates, you probably want to have it just in case. Half my garage is covered in the mats.

You're overthinking this.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Distribution is the same. It's a dumbbell with weights on either side of a handle...

On the floor right in front of my bench. Where else would you put it? You lift the weights you need and put it right back. I'd recommend rubber gym mats. Not the cheap crap but the thick ones that're like 8x4'. You can substitute with horse stall floormats. It's same ish but the ones made specifically for gyms have more traction. It's not necessary with the smaller dumbbells but when you start tossing around heavier weights and plates, you probably want to have it just in case. Half my garage is covered in the mats.

That last line covers every subject Canes has addressed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I don't know, sometimes the lack of thought has been pretty obvious.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Hashtag SupremeNeurosis.....All love from here, CC except when you decide to take a dump on my Dodgers for your ish and giggles.

Kiss my Converse.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Indoor dining - no problem- plenty of times

Gym - not since this began. Was a regular swimmer. Haven’t swam in over a year and have back pain I’ve never had before. Lockdown has produced laziness.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Indoor dining - no problem- plenty of times

Gym - not since this began. Was a regular swimmer. Haven’t swam in over a year and have back pain I’ve never had before. Lockdown has produced laziness.

How have you not contracted covid from indoor dining yet?

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject:

I have a pair of Ironmaster dumbbells that I have used a lot for 6 years along with the bench and several useful attachments (you can attach the bench to a cable machine, dip/pullup station, preacher curl attachment, leg extension/curl attachment, etc.). But man that stuff has gotten expensive since the pandemic. There are video reviews on YouTube and a stand that can hold the dumbbells and plates.

https://www.ironmaster.com/categories/dumbbells-and-kettlebells/

After 6 years it feels like my dumbbells will last for decades even if I drop them and use them a lot. I think they cost about $300 less back in 2015 though. Since the pandemic they have been tough to get and prices were raised A LOT. I still love these dumbbells though and don’t regret getting them.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: