LAKERS -at- NETS - 1-25-22 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The floor balance changes with AD. Suddenly those immense weaknesses inside defensively and on switches, aren't there. Interesting that Stanley got the start as Vogel went for some defense.

Over the last 15 games, Lebron and WB have an offense rating of 113 and 112. When you think about that, lets look back at where WB was in November. Around 97. It went to 100 at some point. The last 15 he's at 112 with Bron at 113.

The reason has been the smaller ball. With AD coming in, you can space the floor the same way but you have defensive size and ability to do more. You also have a big that can catch the ball and create, something you didn't have.

I really liked AD's post game interview. He's telling them that he's not looking to change the offense dynamic too much with his presence as they (I assume he's talking to Bron/WB) played very well without him. He wants to fit in and not disrupt. A lot of AD haters will say that's not alpha. But when you look at our team the last month, it wasn't our O ratings that suffered without AD. It was our D. We went from playing top 5 D the last month with AD to bottom 10. AD's our MVP on D, Bron our MVP on O. I hope we can get some flow going, but don't want to put any expectation on this team.

Curiously, the fate of all big men with LBJ's other two "big 3" teams was the same as well (Bosch, Love), while LBJ and the guard (Wade, Irving) were the primary 1-2 punch.

Who knows? We can dissect this and point out Russ is not like a Wade, or Iving, but maybe...possibly...if AD is ok being the third option, or option 2B, something comes of it while he focuses more effort on D. Shrug.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
The floor balance changes with AD. Suddenly those immense weaknesses inside defensively and on switches, aren't there. Interesting that Stanley got the start as Vogel went for some defense.

Over the last 15 games, Lebron and WB have an offense rating of 113 and 112. When you think about that, lets look back at where WB was in November. Around 97. It went to 100 at some point. The last 15 he's at 112 with Bron at 113.

The reason has been the smaller ball. With AD coming in, you can space the floor the same way but you have defensive size and ability to do more. You also have a big that can catch the ball and create, something you didn't have.

I really liked AD's post game interview. He's telling them that he's not looking to change the offense dynamic too much with his presence as they (I assume he's talking to Bron/WB) played very well without him. He wants to fit in and not disrupt. A lot of AD haters will say that's not alpha. But when you look at our team the last month, it wasn't our O ratings that suffered without AD. It was our D. We went from playing top 5 D the last month with AD to bottom 10. AD's our MVP on D, Bron our MVP on O. I hope we can get some flow going, but don't want to put any expectation on this team.

Curiously, the fate of all big men with LBJ's other two "big 3" teams was the same as well (Bosch, Love), while LBJ and the guard (Wade, Irving) were the primary 1-2 punch.

Who knows? We can dissect this and point out Russ is not like a Wade, or Iving, but maybe...possibly...if AD is ok being the third option, or option 2B, something comes of it while he focuses more effort on D. Shrug.

I doubt that's what he implied since Russ has not been a positive in AD's absence.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: