Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Trea quietly has a 19 game hitting streak.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Vesia not looking too good.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Bellinger quietly has a 2 game hitting streak
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

PHEW!!! Vesia survived with minimal damage that inning.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Just for fun, if the playoffs started today:

NL

BYE:
(1) Dodgers (30-14)
(2) Mets (30-17)

WILD CARD RD (best of 3, all 3 at the home of higher seed):

(6) SF (24-20) at (3) Mil (29-17)

(5) STL (25-20) at (4) SD (28-16)

Defending champs Atlanta Braves (22-24) would not make the playoffs.

-------------

AL

BYE:
(1) Yankees (33-13)
(2) Houston (29-16)

(6) Tor (24-20) at (3) Min (28-18)

(5) TB (26-19) at (4) Angels (27-19)

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Fri May 27, 2022 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Just for fun, if the playoffs started today:

BYE:
(1) Dodgers (30-14)
(2) Mets (30-17)

(6) SF (24-20) at (3) Mil (29-17)

(5) STL (25-20) at (4) SD (28-16)

Defending champs Atlanta Braves (22-24) would not make the playoffs.

(bleep), gotta win the division, our pitching wouldn't survive if have to do a best of 3 BEFORE the real postseason begins. Kersh isn't dependable and who knows what May will look like let alone the mystery return of Bauer or some random starter we might deal for.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Kimbrel sucks
3.75 ERA now
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I dont have confidence in Kimbrel.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Got the win but Kimbrel made that a lot harder than it needed to be.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Have some patience on Kimbrel, folks. The velocity has gone way up recently and that's actually coincided with him having worse results. He may just need more time to adjust. It was a weird offseason. He still hasn't blown a save. I'm not going to worry too much. He's throwing 97 and he also had a couple of terrible missed calls by the ump on his knuckle-curve.

On another note, the Angels just sent Rendon to the IL...again. He has just a .738 OPS this season and had a .712 OPS last season. He was good in 2020, his first season as an Angel, but that was the shortened season. Since then, he hasn't been particularly good, nor able to stay healthy. They still owe him $38.6MM in each of the next 4 years after this one. We dodged a bullet with that one, it would appear.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

^ There's patience because we have no choice and then there's confidence in a player.

I wasn't confident when we acquired Kimbrel, I'm not feeling confident as of today but I can be patient because I have no other choice.

Kimbrel's had 3 clean outings out of 13.

Do I trust him in high leverage situations? Not really.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
^ There's patience because we have no choice and then there's confidence in a player.

I wasn't confident when we acquired Kimbrel, I'm not feeling confident as of today but I can be patient because I have no other choice.

I just think it's been a weird set of circumstances. Of course we had the lockout and the shortened spring. His velocity was down early, like many guys around baseball. But in the past 2-3 weeks, it's picked back up to plus range. The movement on the breaking pitches looks filthy, too. He may simply be still feeling out, or harnessing, the newfound velocity as his arm works back into better shape. It's also important to note that he's had long periods of inactivity this year. For a team with 31 wins, he has 9 saves. We're winning so many games via blowout, and he's only pitched something like 13 innings this year. Overall I just really wouldn't worry too much about him. I'd be more worried if his velocity were like 91-92 and if he wasn't striking out people. But he still has 17 K's in 13 innings and, as I've noted, I think he has good life on his pitches now, as opposed to when the season started. Given his track record as a closer and the fact that the stuff clearly appears to be there, I'm not going to worry too much over the results so far.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

Bellinger quietly has a 2 game hitting streak

Lol, oof. Poor Belli.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

I just think it's been a weird set of circumstances. Of course we had the lockout and the shortened spring. His velocity was down early, like many guys around baseball. But in the past 2-3 weeks, it's picked back up to plus range. The movement on the breaking pitches looks filthy, too. He may simply be still feeling out, or harnessing, the newfound velocity as his arm works back into better shape. It's also important to note that he's had long periods of inactivity this year. For a team with 31 wins, he has 9 saves. We're winning so many games via blowout, and he's only pitched something like 13 innings this year. Overall I just really wouldn't worry too much about him. I'd be more worried if his velocity were like 91-92 and if he wasn't striking out people. But he still has 17 K's in 13 innings and, as I've noted, I think he has good life on his pitches now, as opposed to when the season started. Given his track record as a closer and the fact that the stuff clearly appears to be there, I'm not going to worry too much over the results so far.

Hey, wish I could feel like you do bro. I've love to be real confident in Kimbrel.

I really hope you're right and I'm wrong. But somehow, when he comes in, I just don't have alot of confidence in him to shut things down. Part of it is since 2019, he's only been good for 36 innings with the Cubs.

Quote:
2019 - Cubs - ................20.2 ip / 6.53 ERA / 1.60 Whip
2020 - Cubs - ................15.1 ip / 5.28 ERA / 1.43 Whip
2021 - Cubs - ...............36.2 ip / 0.49 ERA / 0.71 Whip
2021 - White Sox - .........23 ip / 5.09 ERA / 1.22 Whip
2022 - Dodgers - ............13 ip / 4.15 ERA / 1.38 Whip
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Joc Pederson says he was slapped by Cincinnati Reds' Tommy Pham over fantasy football beef

San Francisco Giants outfielder Joc Pederson said Cincinnati Reds outfielder Tommy Pham slapped him before Friday's series opener over a dispute about their fantasy football league.

While the Giants warmed up in the outfield, Pham confronted Pederson and smacked him in the cheek before the pair was separated.

"It was a surprise," Pederson told reporters. "There was no real argument. He kind of came up and said, 'Like, I don't know if you remember from last year.' And I was like, 'Fantasy football.' He was like, 'Yeah.'"

Major League Baseball is investigating, and Pham agreed to be scratched from Cincinnati's lineup shortly before first pitch pending results of the inquiry.

Pederson said after the Reds' 5-1 victory that he was accused of cheating for placing a player on injured reserve and replacing him with a free agent in a fantasy football league. Pederson said the player he put on IR had been ruled out for that week, which made it a legal move. He said Pham had executed essentially the same maneuver with his own team.

"I sent a screenshot of the rules, how it says that if a player's ruled out, you're allowed to put him on the IR and that's all I was doing," Pederson said. "He literally did the same thing. That was basically all of it."

He continued by saying that he thought the fantasy player at the center of the disagreement, San Francisco 49ers running back Jeff Wilson, might have been a player Pham had in two different leagues, leading to a possible mix-up.

"Maybe that was a confusion," he added. "In the ESPN league we were in, he was listed as out. It feels very similar to what I did. That was basically all of it. There's not much more to it."

Pederson said he had no advance notice that Pham might confront him during the series in Cincinnati.

The Giants outfielder said he didn't retaliate after being slapped, and he has no plans to reengage Pham while the team is in Cincinnati.

"Violence isn't the answer. It's over as far as I'm concerned," Pederson said. "I won't talk to him. I don't think he wants to talk to me, I don't know. It was a weird interaction."

Pham threatened violence to settle an on-field score with San Diego's Luke Voit in April, challenging the slugger to a fight after Voit injured Reds catcher Tyler Stephenson with a hard, ugly slide into home.

"If Luke wants to settle it, I get down really well," Pham said. "Anything. Muay Thai, whatever. Like I said, I've got an owner here who will let me use his facility."

The Pham-Pederson scuffle was witnessed by reporters and occurred before fans entered the ballpark.

Reds manager David Bell refused to comment on the incident, and Pham refused to speak on the record with reporters.

"Major League Baseball is investigating it, and until that's complete, I'm probably not going to say much on it," Giants manager Gabe Kapler said.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33995201/cincinnati-reds-tommy-pham-san-francisco-giants-joc-pederson-pregame-altercation

Video:

Pederson's explanation:

Quote:
“We were in a fantasy league together,” Pederson told reporters after the game. “I put a player on injured reserve when they were listed as ‘out’ and added another player. And then there was as text message in the group saying that I was cheating because I was stashing players on my bench.

"Then I looked up the rules and sent a screenshot of the rules how it says that when a player is ruled out, you’re allowed to put them on the IR. That’s all I was doing."

“It just so happened that he had a player, Jeff Wilson, who was out. And he had him on the IR. And I said, ‘you literally have the same thing on your team, on your bench.’ I guess he was in two leagues. In one of them, [Wilson] was on the IR and on the other one he wasn’t. So maybe that was a confusion. But in the ESPN league we were in, [Wilson] was listed as out. So it feels very similar to what I did."

"No, there was no real argument," Pederson said of the moments leading up to the slap. "He kind of came up and said, ‘You remember from last year?’ And I was like, ‘Fantasy football?’ And he’s like, 'Yeah.' "

"I didn’t get emotional," Pederson said. "I don’t think violence in the answer, I guess you can say. ... It was an unfortunate situation over a fantasy football league rule, that wasn’t a rule."

Update:

Quote:
Cincinnati Reds' Tommy Pham suspended three games for slapping Joc Pederson

On Saturday, Pham said the dispute also stemmed from a text sent by Pederson to the fantasy league's group chat in which Pham says Pederson disrespected his teammates on the San Diego Padres, for whom he played last season.

"I slapped Joc," Pham told reporters Saturday. "He said some s--- I don't condone. I had to address it."

Man, that's way less than what Will Smith got.

I can imagine Pham after the slap shouting "Keep my fantasy league players out your F'n mouth"

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sat May 28, 2022 10:10 am; edited 3 times in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Chicago White Sox designate Dallas Keuchel for assignment

The White Sox designated left-handed pitcher Dallas Keuchel for assignment on Saturday, two days after he gave up six runs in two innings to the Boston Red Sox.

Keuchel, 34, had a 7.88 ERA this season after compiling a 5.28 mark last year. After signing a three-year, $55.5 million deal with the White Sox before the 2020 season, he finished fifth in Cy Young voting with a 1.99 ERA.

I bet we pick him up on a minor league deal
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Joc Pederson says he was slapped by Cincinnati Reds' Tommy Pham over fantasy football beef

San Francisco Giants outfielder Joc Pederson said Cincinnati Reds outfielder Tommy Pham slapped him before Friday's series opener over a dispute about their fantasy football league.

While the Giants warmed up in the outfield, Pham confronted Pederson and smacked him in the cheek before the pair was separated.

"It was a surprise," Pederson told reporters. "There was no real argument. He kind of came up and said, 'Like, I don't know if you remember from last year.' And I was like, 'Fantasy football.' He was like, 'Yeah.'"

Major League Baseball is investigating, and Pham agreed to be scratched from Cincinnati's lineup shortly before first pitch pending results of the inquiry.

Pederson said after the Reds' 5-1 victory that he was accused of cheating for placing a player on injured reserve and replacing him with a free agent in a fantasy football league. Pederson said the player he put on IR had been ruled out for that week, which made it a legal move. He said Pham had executed essentially the same maneuver with his own team.

"I sent a screenshot of the rules, how it says that if a player's ruled out, you're allowed to put him on the IR and that's all I was doing," Pederson said. "He literally did the same thing. That was basically all of it."

He continued by saying that he thought the fantasy player at the center of the disagreement, San Francisco 49ers running back Jeff Wilson, might have been a player Pham had in two different leagues, leading to a possible mix-up.

"Maybe that was a confusion," he added. "In the ESPN league we were in, he was listed as out. It feels very similar to what I did. That was basically all of it. There's not much more to it."

Pederson said he had no advance notice that Pham might confront him during the series in Cincinnati.

The Giants outfielder said he didn't retaliate after being slapped, and he has no plans to reengage Pham while the team is in Cincinnati.

"Violence isn't the answer. It's over as far as I'm concerned," Pederson said. "I won't talk to him. I don't think he wants to talk to me, I don't know. It was a weird interaction."

Pham threatened violence to settle an on-field score with San Diego's Luke Voit in April, challenging the slugger to a fight after Voit injured Reds catcher Tyler Stephenson with a hard, ugly slide into home.

"If Luke wants to settle it, I get down really well," Pham said. "Anything. Muay Thai, whatever. Like I said, I've got an owner here who will let me use his facility."

The Pham-Pederson scuffle was witnessed by reporters and occurred before fans entered the ballpark.

Reds manager David Bell refused to comment on the incident, and Pham refused to speak on the record with reporters.

"Major League Baseball is investigating it, and until that's complete, I'm probably not going to say much on it," Giants manager Gabe Kapler said.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33995201/cincinnati-reds-tommy-pham-san-francisco-giants-joc-pederson-pregame-altercation

Video:

Pederson's explanation:

Quote:
“We were in a fantasy league together,” Pederson told reporters after the game. “I put a player on injured reserve when they were listed as ‘out’ and added another player. And then there was as text message in the group saying that I was cheating because I was stashing players on my bench.

"Then I looked up the rules and sent a screenshot of the rules how it says that when a player is ruled out, you’re allowed to put them on the IR. That’s all I was doing."

“It just so happened that he had a player, Jeff Wilson, who was out. And he had him on the IR. And I said, ‘you literally have the same thing on your team, on your bench.’ I guess he was in two leagues. In one of them, [Wilson] was on the IR and on the other one he wasn’t. So maybe that was a confusion. But in the ESPN league we were in, [Wilson] was listed as out. So it feels very similar to what I did."

"No, there was no real argument," Pederson said of the moments leading up to the slap. "He kind of came up and said, ‘You remember from last year?’ And I was like, ‘Fantasy football?’ And he’s like, 'Yeah.' "

"I didn’t get emotional," Pederson said. "I don’t think violence in the answer, I guess you can say. ... It was an unfortunate situation over a fantasy football league rule, that wasn’t a rule."

Update:

Quote:
Cincinnati Reds' Tommy Pham suspended three games for slapping Joc Pederson

On Saturday, Pham said the dispute also stemmed from a text sent by Pederson to the fantasy league's group chat in which Pham says Pederson disrespected his teammates on the San Diego Padres, for whom he played last season.

"I slapped Joc," Pham told reporters Saturday. "He said some s--- I don't condone. I had to address it."

Man, that's way less than what Will Smith got.

I can imagine Pham after the slap shouting "Keep my fantasy league players out your F'n mouth"

What is it with dudes with slaps now. Whatever happened to punching someone. World has gone soft. LOL.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

Pham has been suspended 3 games for slapping Joc.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject:

I have been saying this offense has the potential to be one of the greatest of all time.

Quote:
The largest run differential in baseball history is 401, by Joe DiMaggio’s 1939 Yankees.

This year's Dodgers are on pace for plus-420.

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1530219889100832769
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I think he’s also been banned from the Academy Awards as well.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Dodgers
@Dodgers
The Dodgers recalled RHP Michael Grove, selected the contract of OF Kevin Pillar, optioned RHP Ryan Pepiot and placed IF Max Muncy on the injured list with left elbow inflammation. To make room on the 40-man roster, RHP Tommy Kahnle was transferred to the 60-day IL.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I have been saying this offense has the potential to be one of the greatest of all time.

Quote:
The largest run differential in baseball history is 401, by Joe DiMaggio’s 1939 Yankees.

This year's Dodgers are on pace for plus-420.

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1530219889100832769

All these reg season records have me worried about crashing and burning in the playoffs.

At some point, we’ve just gotta win another title after being reg season champs for so many years.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

I think he’s also been banned from the Academy Awards as well.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject:

SF: 1
Cin: 3

Everything that went right for them last year is going wrong for them this year. Look at their pitching this year vs. last year:

Quote:
Logan Webb - 3.54 ERA / (last year: 3.03)
Alex Wood - 4.94 ERA / (last year: 3.83)
Anthony DeSclafani - 6.08 ERA / (last year: 3.17)

Alex Cobb - 6.25 ERA / (last year: NA)
Zack Littell - 5.60 ERA / (last year: 2.92)
Tyler Rogers - 7.41 ERA / (last year: 2.22)

Jake McGee - 9.58 ERA ERA / (last year: 2.72)
Dominic Leone - 3.68 ERA / (last year: 1.51)
Jose Alvarez - 5.11 ERA / (last year: 2.37)

Team ERA - 4.43 / (last year: 3.24)
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Mookie is just insane. Starts the game with a homerun.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 122 of 434
Jump to: