AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I hope we keep this kid please

did we get anyone this offseason so far that can remove or replace Austin?

hard time believing anyone will outwork him and if Hamm is who we think he is, reaves will be hard to take out.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

His Blue Collar Grit and high BBall IQ are something we really need to keep on this team.

Went looking for the time he reacted befuddled confused to LeBrons instructions and found this with some great replies

Explaining the LeBron James and Austin Reaves Interaction
Daniel Li

Quote:

I played against this dude in high school. Straight beast, looking forward to how he holds up against the big dogs

Quote:
Absolutly right i played against him too in germany. He is a hell of an genuis. Always been ready to show that you knowing nothing about basketball. He made right decisions before you saw what was happend and his ability to hold the line in that game was awesome to see. Fire bro
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Blue-collar Jerry West vibe
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

went looking for some summer league pics of Austin .. only a couple ... he looks grumpy about something sitting behind Russ..
https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/austin-reaves?assettype=image&family=editorial&phrase=austin%20reaves

but the first pic that came up .. most popular is

Los Angeles Lakers v Dallas Mavericks

DALLAS, TEXAS - DECEMBER 15: Austin Reaves #15 of the Los Angeles Lakers reacts after shooting the game-winning shot against Tim Hardaway Jr. #11 of the Dallas Mavericks in overtime at American Airlines Center on December 15, 2021 in Dallas, Texas. (Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images)

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/austin-reaves-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-reacts-after-news-photo/1359261758?adppopup=true

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/austin-reaves-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-reacts-after-shooting-the-picture-id1359261758?s=2048x2048
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I love this kid. One of my favorites.

Quote:
Report: Austin Reaves has been doing three-a-day sessions of lifting, working out with his teammates, and then returning at night to shoot since mid-May.

The Lakers told him to take a week off, but he said, “F*ck that. I’m gonna work.”

(via @jovanbuha)

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1547687120873000961
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
Report: Austin Reaves has been doing three-a-day sessions of lifting, working out with his teammates, and then returning at night to shoot since mid-May.

The Lakers told him to take a week off, but he said, “F*ck that. I’m gonna work.”

(via @jovanbuha)

Untouchable
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:

(via @jovanbuha)

Go get some rest!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

We're going to have a hard time keeping him out of the starting/closing lineups. Getting to 209 pounds, getting stronger, working on the flexibility and core strength...and lots of shooting. Look out.

Working on everything he needed to and putting in extra time. Perfect role player around your stars.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

(via @jovanbuha)

Go get some rest!

Like Kobe said when he retires, he don't want to say I wish I done more... It's your job to be in shape. It's your job to be able to perform at that level. His English said, that he took to heart - Rest at the end, not in the middle.

Keep it going Reaves. Be great.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
We're going to have a hard time keeping him out of the starting/closing lineups. Getting to 209 pounds, getting stronger, working on the flexibility and core strength...and lots of shooting. Look out.

Working on everything he needed to and putting in extra time. Perfect role player around your stars.

Here's the tweet from Jovan.

Quote:
Austin Reaves’ rookie season was a surprise.

Here’s how he’s preparing for his encore, from bulking up to 209 lbs. to shooting twice a day to improve his 3-point accuracy to taking up yoga.

On Reaves’ unforeseen rise and his goals for next season:

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1547611570179428352
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:49 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

And yet, we went and spent out best FA tool (TMLE) on an undersized 2 guard who can neither shoot not defend.

Austin has, at worst, proven he's a very capable role player. Why you'd go and add another 2 guard, draft one, and still be getting back Nunn soon is IMO just terrible roster management and team building.

Outside Bron and AD, he was the most sure thing we had on the roster.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

(via @jovanbuha)

Go get some rest!

He sees some guy like Westbrook getting 47 mi THT getting 10 mil etc..

Reaves isn't some scrub that want to impress others.. he want to do the best HE can

He wasn't nicknamed Hillbily KOBE because he is some half assed player..

Let this guys desire become the fire he needs it to be
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

And yet, we went and spent out best FA tool (TMLE) on an undersized 2 guard who can neither shoot not defend.

Austin has, at worst, proven he's a very capable role player. Why you'd go and add another 2 guard, draft one, and still be getting back Nunn soon is IMO just terrible roster management and team building.

I could only imagine Lakers are planning on just having combo guards in the backcourt and are not worrying so much about PG/SG rather just someone who can make plays, since LBJ ends up running the offense.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject:

What are we going to do when he is traded in a Kyrie trade
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I expect the Lakers organization genuinely values Reaves. He is not only a positive culture guy and a quality player, but he represents a success for the faction of of the front office that appears to be gaining power. Turning that into cleanup on aisle five for LeBron, Jeanie and Pelinka would be a different direction than they've been going this summer.

I also think they would suffer the indignity of watching Reaves breakout wherever they sent him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
2019 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I could only imagine Lakers are planning on just having combo guards in the backcourt and are not worrying so much about PG/SG rather just someone who can make plays, since LBJ ends up running the offense.

Okay that's great but there's still only 48 mins to go around and with LeBron, Brown jr, and JTA at the 3, essentially 5 guys will be competing for 2 spots.

SG: Reaves, Walker, THT, Christie
PG: Russ, Nunn

As of today that's where we stand. Max won't get mins but Russ (or Kyrie) will be getting 32+. Nunn will get backup PG mins and you'd think a few at SG. At SG, you have $16.5 committed to THT and Walker who have similar flaws.. so unless the Lakers have completely given up on THT and/or they expect him to get mins at SF while Brown and JTA will be end of bench guys (would be a mistake), I just don't see how they make the mins work.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
2019 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Okay that's great but there's still only 48 mins to go around and with LeBron, Brown jr, and JTA at the 3, essentially 5 guys will be competing for 2 spots.

SG: Reaves, Walker, THT, Christie
PG: Russ, Nunn

As of today that's where we stand. Max won't get mins but Russ (or Kyrie) will be getting 32+. Nunn will get backup PG mins and you'd think a few at SG. At SG, you have $16.5 committed to THT and Walker who have similar flaws.. so unless the Lakers have completely given up on THT and/or they expect him to get mins at SF while Brown and JTA will be end of bench guys (would be a mistake), I just don't see how they make the mins work.

Just a hunch but whether Russ stays or not, THT and his (intentional) contract are headed out and Christie will almost exclusively play GLeague….so just one starter, one backup with Brown Jr in spot duty probably solves the issue for better or worse…
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:34 am    Post subject:

Easily our best player after LBJ and AD
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
What are we going to do when he is traded in a Kyrie trade

I changed my mind, this kid is mamba mentality at under 25, he’s the red line, not the 2 future FRPs, u want this kinda attitude staring other players in the face during practice

Untouchable
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject:

"The grind is real!"
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

I want this guy to stay. I know he's young and has a way's to go, but you need players like this to play winning basketball
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject:

Lakers' Reaves wants to shed 'AR-15' nickname

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34280037/los-angeles-lakers-austin-reaves-looks-shed-ar-15-hillbilly-kobe-nicknames
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34280037/los-angeles-lakers-austin-reaves-looks-shed-ar-15-hillbilly-kobe-nicknames

It was a sweet nick though imo.
Changing the jersey number should help get away from the nick.
Austin should change his number to 316.
And that's the bottom line!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

It was a sweet nick though imo.
Changing the jersey number should help get away from the nick.
Austin should change his number to 316.
And that's the bottom line!

Austin BBQ, Pit Master
Stop and have a Reaves Pieces
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather give up a second frp than trade Reeves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 32 of 177
Jump to: