Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 238, 239, 240 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject:

QFTOS:

Quote:
Kimbrel entering the game

“So you’re telling me there is a chance”
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Nice sweep.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Good way for ESPN to end that telecast. "A very pleasant good afternoon to you...wherever you may be."
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
QFTOS:

Quote:

Hahaha. Kimbrel gets no love.

Here's a smart padres fan.

Quote:
Alright I’m gonna be the guy.

I don’t think FTJ coming back is gonna be the solution to the problem here. Will he help with offense? Certainly. But it’s not gonna be enough.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Soto getting 2 strikes called as balls... comer on ump
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

We are slowly pulling away from the entire league. Love this team.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Soto getting 2 strikes called as balls... comer on ump

Didn't help that Will dropped the ball as he was trying to frame it. You very rarely will get a strike call on a borderline pitch if the catcher doesn't catch it cleanly. Catchers will have a radically different assignment once the electronic strike zone comes. Literally, just catch the damn thing lol. Backhand it, do whatever you gotta do, without regard to presentation. I'm very much looking forward to that.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
QFTOS:

Quote:

Got room for one more?

Quote:
@BillSimmons

The Mookie trade is the worst Boston trade of my lifetime - in any sport. It was an unconscionable catastrophe of a trade when it happened and now in Aug 2022 it’s somehow even worse. They got 12 cents on the dollar. It’s a (bleep) apocalypse. The owners should apologize weekly.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I'll come out and say I was one of the loudest critics of Friedman in his first few years.

"Why won't they sign a big name?!"
"Why do they keep shopping in the refurbished bin?!"

He might have a gaffe here and there but his body of work has me completely and totally trusting his every move.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Braves Option Ian Anderson To Triple-A Gwinnett

Ian Anderson endured another rough start on Friday and was optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett on Sunday.

Wow
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AJ Cassavell
@AJCassavell

Is Manny Machado concerned about the way Padres match up with the Dodgers?

"Concerned? Why would I be concerned? Not at all," he said.

Why the level of confidence?

"Cause I'm freaking Manny Machado," he said, but he didn't actually say freaking.

7:47 PM · Aug 7, 2022·TweetDeck
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
AJ Cassavell
@AJCassavell

Is Manny Machado concerned about the way Padres match up with the Dodgers?

"Concerned? Why would I be concerned? Not at all," he said.

Why the level of confidence?

"Cause I'm freaking Manny Machado," he said, but he didn't actually say freaking.

7:47 PM · Aug 7, 2022·TweetDeck

I have to say, I like it when athletes embrace the black hat.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:43 am    Post subject:

Only 1 earned run in the series. Total domination.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:52 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
QFTOS:

Quote:

Got room for one more?

Quote:
@BillSimmons

The Mookie trade is the worst Boston trade of my lifetime - in any sport. It was an unconscionable catastrophe of a trade when it happened and now in Aug 2022 it’s somehow even worse. They got 12 cents on the dollar. It’s a (bleep) apocalypse. The owners should apologize weekly.

Makes me weep in joy.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
QFTOS:

Quote:

Got room for one more?

Quote:
@BillSimmons

Makes me weep in joy.

mfw
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
QFTOS:

Quote:

Got room for one more?

Quote:
@BillSimmons

Makes me weep in joy.

mfw
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

SF: 1
SD: 0

SD (1-5) since the trade. They won their 1st game then lost the last 5 straight.

--------------

Edwin Diaz is back to being a dominant closer for the Mets. Might be the best closer in the game right now:

45.1 ip
91 K
1.39 ERA
0.86 Whip
2.4 WAR
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
SF: 1
SD: 0

SD (1-5) since the trade. They won their 1st game then lost the last 5 straight.

--------------

Edwin Diaz is back to being a dominant closer for the Mets. Might be the best closer in the game right now:

45.1 ip
91 K
1.39 ERA
0.86 Whip
2.4 WAR

And we are undefeated with Gallo while the Yankees went on a losing streak. LOL
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

The Padres are now just a game ahead of the Brewers for the final wild card spot, and the Giants are 5.5 behind them. If the Giants could sweep this series, it would make things more interesting. The Brewers have not responded well to the Hader trade, but if they can turn it around, it would be fun to see the Padres have to sweat just to make the postseason.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Padres are now just a game ahead of the Brewers for the final wild card spot, and the Giants are 5.5 behind them. If the Giants could sweep this series, it would make things more interesting. The Brewers have not responded well to the Hader trade, but if they can turn it around, it would be fun to see the Padres have to sweat just to make the postseason.

We can help them miss the playoffs. We play them 8-9 more times?
Although, as aprevo15 pointed out, we play the Brewers alot too.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Juan Soto Trade Rumors: Nationals Wanted Diego Cartaya, Bobby Miller & More Prospects

“According to my sources, it was a package of six or seven prospects. The headliners were Diego Cartaya and Bobby Miller, who are respectively the top position player and the top pitcher in the Dodgers’ system. Beyond that, I’ve heard there were a few different versions of how the trade might have been construed.

“One person, who saw at least one version of this trade, said that the Nationals wanted another two or three of the Dodgers’ top five prospects. So think about guys like Ryan Pepiot, Gavin Stone, Miguel Vargas, Andy Pages, Michael Busch. Maybe two or three out of that group plus another two or three wild card prospects. Guys who are not as highly ranked as the aforementioned group, but guys the Nationals liked for one reason or another.”

https://dodgerblue.com/juan-soto-trade-rumors-nationals-wanted-diego-cartaya-bobby-miller-more-prospects/2022/08/09/

Nothing we didn't know already. Honestly, I don't know if any of the players the Nationals got from the Padres are going to be as good as Diego Cartaya. That kid's going to be a superstar in the majors. He should be as good as Will Smith.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject:

Good read on the Dodgers' decision to acquire Gallo:

Quote:
Andrew Friedman: Dodgers See ‘Compelling Upside’ In Joey Gallo

The Los Angeles Dodgers made three deals on MLB trade deadline day, including one that saw them acquire Joey Gallo from the New York Yankees in exchange for pitching prospect Clayton Beeter.

The move puzzled some as Gallo hit just .159/.282/.339 with four doubles, 12 home runs, 82 wRC+ and an MLB-worst 39% strikeout rate with the Yankees this season.

However, the 28-year-old is only one year removed from an All-Star campaign in which he belted 38 home runs, led the league with 111 walks and accumulated 4.2 WAR.

“A year ago he was worth a lot in the industry and got traded for a lot. The true talent level remains,” Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said of Gallo.

“We feel like getting him here, getting him with our guys, that there’s a real compelling upside story. For us, it was lengthening our position-player base to cover for unforeseen things that could pop up in August, September, October.

“We saw it last year when Muncy went down the last game of the year. Things can happen, and adding a talented player that we feel like there’s some real potential upside with, was something that was compelling for us.”

The Dodgers have an excellent track record when it comes to reclamation projects and they hope Gallo becomes the latest success story.

“I think it is obviously elite, off-the-charts power. Really good decision-making in the box, a really good defender in the outfield, who does have some swing and miss in his game, for sure. And when those other things are clicking, it still is a really valuable player,” Friedman answered when asked if the Dodgers can help Gallo tap into his potential.

“A year ago today, his industry value was significantly higher. That same true talent level is still in place. It’s not like an injury, had his foot speed back up, or real really affected the swing, so I think just getting to a different environment, our hitting guys are as good as it gets.

“We feel like it’s such a really compelling kind of upside story, coupled with the fit. Throughout the year we’ve just been a little bit short in the outfield, so to add a really good defensive outfielder also helps.”

The upside Friedman explained that the Dodgers saw in Gallo has not yet manifested as he is 2-for-10 with six strikeouts.

Friedman unsure of Gallo’s role with Dodgers
As it currently stands, Gallo figures to receive the bulk of his playing time in left field or as an option off the Dodgers’ bench. “We’ll add him to the mix and kind of let things play out,” Friedman said of Gallo’s potential role.

“I think we’re adding a talented player that has upside. Exactly the role and how it plays out, I think will be determined here shortly as we mix things around and hopefully get J.T. going again at some point, get C.T. back. We’ll figure it out as we go.”

https://dodgerblue.com/andrew-friedman-why-dodgers-trade-for-joey-gallo-upside/2022/08/09/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

So far so good: update on Yency Almonte. Take the news with a grain of salt, as the prognosis seems to be coming from Doctor Dave Roberts...

Quote:
Dodgers Injury Update: Yency Almonte Not Expected To Be Out Long Term

The injury was announced as elbow tightness, which is never an ideal diagnosis for a pitcher, and prior to going on the IL, Almonte last appeared in a game on Wednesday.

But despite those concerns, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts believes the injury won’t keep Almonte on the shelf for too long.

“He just had some elbow soreness,” Roberts said. “And he felt he could have pitched [Saturday] night, but I think kind of the way we do things, if there’s a little bit of smoke, we just feel that we might as well kind of use it as a blow for him.

“So he’s going to get an MRI just to kind of make sure that what we think is what’s real. But the expectation is it’ll be short.”

The Dodgers believe Almonte is just dealing with “normal soreness,” and it was something that built up rather than happening on one specific throw where he felt an injury happen.

“I think he was in catch play a few days ago and so we stayed away from him intentionally,” Roberts added. “And I think with a couple off days coming up, we just felt that let’s just take the aggressive approach to it.”

Doctor Dave Roberts also gives a hopeful prognosis on Kershaw as well

Quote:
Dodgers hopeful Kershaw’s injury is short term

The Dodgers are also without Clayton Kershaw for the second time this season as he deals with lower back pain that forced him to the 15-day IL.

Kershaw underwent an X-ray and MRI, which didn’t reveal any new findings, making it a “best-case scenario” in Roberts’ estimation.

With the encouraging results of the testing, the team remains hopeful Kershaw will be able to return quicker than he did from his last injury — one month — but they still don’t have a timeline.

“I don’t know when he’s going to pick up a baseball again,” Roberts said. “I use the phrase status quo, I think that’s where we’re at right now. Again, I think it’s going to be shorter than longer.”

https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-injury-update-yency-almonte-elbow-mri-not-expected-out-long-term/2022/08/09/
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

Did Dustin May improve? I don't know what to make of this Mark Prior quote:

Quote:
Recently, May has been taking more exciting steps.

He pitched his first game in Oklahoma City on July 22, giving up one run in two innings. He stretched to three innings in the next start, striking out six without giving up a run.

“It was probably the best we’ve seen his stuff,” Dodgers pitching coach Mark Prior said. “It was pretty nasty. A lot of really awkward swings. A lot of swing and miss.”

May pitched four innings in a game last week, when he continued to flash near triple-digit velocity and is scheduled to go at least four innings again when he takes the mound Tuesday.

The team will decide after that outing whether he needs more rehab time or if he’s ready to come back to the majors.

“The high-end stuff is in place,” Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said last week. “Now I think it’s just that last mile of the execution and getting everything in good order and built up to the point where he can take down a fairly normal starter workload.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2022-08-08/dodgers-dustin-may-tommy-john-rehab

Is he saying the best he's ever seen of May or the best since his return? To me, it seems like he's saying the best ever.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
SAN DIEGO PADRES
FAN KICKS MAN DOWN STAIRS AT GAME
... Wild Brawl At Petco!!!

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/08/09/padres-fan-kicks-man-down-stairs-in-wild-brawl-at-game/

And we get a bad rep...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 238, 239, 240 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 239 of 434
Jump to: