🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Trey Lance light it up. I hope someone will give Jimmy G a shot.

I liked what I saw from Lance today. It wasn't much, but he was effective and looked poised.

I'm also hoping that rookie Drake Jackson will become a great pass rusher partner for Bosa up front. He had a couple of good plays where he pressured Jordan Love before he got hurt.

Jordon Love was Jordan Love. He's young and playing behind an all-time great. He has a ceiling. I don't know how high it is or his capacity to improve.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

IT'S BAAAACK!!! Regular season starts tomorrow. Bills @ Rams 5:20pm. This has been one hellofa an off-season. So many quality players switched teams. Will the real Carr will stand up? Will Jackson live up to the hype? Is Watson worth the money? Don't count Terrible Tom out, he's still TT.

DTV is giving me NFL SUNDAY TICKET free. I think they're offering it to anyone who signs up for their services.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject:

The 2022 TNF kickoff was kickass. So much fun to see the AFC team that probably should have been in last year’s Super Bowl hand the Champions their ass. It wasn’t even as close as the 3 touchdown lead.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day. I don't know if NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a blessing or a curse. I'll be all over the place.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

IMO Jerry Jones made a huge mistake when he fired Jimmy Johnson.

HERE WE GO. IT'S ON!!!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject:

Baker Mayfield and the Panthers started the season 3 and out,,,

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

Steelers defense looking like the Steel Curtain.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject:

I'm all over the place. Waiting for the noon games. I want to see how the Cheifs fare.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject:

Lamar Jackson playing without a contract is still using his legs. Picks up 1st down 3rd and 8. I hope he doesn't get hurt before he gets an extention.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

Me too. I started off watching Bears/Niners to see the Fields/Lance matchup but both QBs have been disappointing so far. It's been raining heavily at Soldier Field so I'll give them both a pass.

I watched the Fins/Pats game for a bit but I'm watching the Eagles/Lions to check in on our boy Goof.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Bears beat the 49ers at home in the pouring rain.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland is leading Carolina 24 23 1:13 left in the game.

Cleveland wins with a 58-yard field goal. A controversial ruffing the passer gave them 15 yards to prolong the game. Baker loses to the team that traded him.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject:

A tie.

I can honestly say I didn't see this coming.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Steelers Bengals hellofa OT game. It was on both kickers. Money Mac missed the game winner on a high snap. The holder had the laces facing him. Boswell boinked one off the left field goal post. The boink was really audible. Finally with 8 seconds left Boswell won it on a 58 yard field goal.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Mahomes not missing Tyreek Hill so far.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Vikings are owning the Packers. That baaaaad man ain't so bad right now.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Carr doing a great Eli Manning. 3 ints.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject:

If America's team doesn't pick it up SAS is gonna have a field day tomorrow. I think Michael Irving is on FirstTake tomorrow.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Regarding Dallas, it's just really difficult to win and move the ball consistently when you have O-line issues, unless you have an ultra-mobile QB that can just as consistently get out of the pocket and get on the move and play some schoolyard ball. Dallas has been noticeably poor whenever LT Tyron Smith has missed games.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject:

America's team is garbage.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Jerry World is a palace for mediocre football.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Hot takes:

Trevor Lawrence isn't good at professional football.

Saquon is 85-90% back. He'll never be rookie Saquon again, but 85-90% Saquon is pretty darned good.

Though Philly scored a lot of points, and though the connection with AJ Brown was great, it looked to me like Jalen Hurts was under pressure on most of his dropbacks. Philly was thought to have one of the best OL's in football, so perhaps that revamped Detroit DL with #2 overall pick Aidan Hutchinson has taken a step up in class.

Mike Zimmer was really holding the Vikings back.

Corrdarrelle Patterson still looks like he has a lot of juice left after his surprise 2021 season.

The Steelers win 2 or 3 games each year that they have absolutely no business of winning, and today was another one of those. The parade of events that had to go right for them after Cincy's TD to end regulation, my goodness.

EDIT: Dak needs hand surgery and will be out several weeks, Jerry Jones just told reporters. They are f'd.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Trey Lance didn't play well, but he wasn't terrible, and he did some good things. Several times he turned a potential sack or loss of yards into a first down with his legs. He also was right on the money on a couple of intermediate passes.

I'd blame the Niners' defense and penalities for their loss more than Lance not playing well.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Justin Herbert looked awesome today, as did the Chargers' D. They showed why they're legitimate Super Bowl contenders.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If America's team doesn't pick it up SAS is gonna have a field day tomorrow. I think Michael Irving is on FirstTake tomorrow.

SAS likes it when the Cowboys have false hopes going into December. By the looks of how they played against Tampa, and Dak out with an injury, their season is already in jeopardy after week 1.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 165 of 335
Jump to: