Kobe's Statue...Thoughts on 02/2024?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Kobe's Statue...Thoughts on 02/2024?

Maybe it was Kobe's birthday or Kobe Day or the news of the crash site photo trial verdict, but it got me thinking of Kobe's statue for the first time in a long time — what pose it would depict, its location, and the date of the ceremony.

Last month Jeanie said that plans for Kobe's statue was already in the works. What if the ceremony took place on February 8, 2024 (Thursday) or February 24, 2024 (Saturday) as a way to honor Gigi (02-February) as well? '24 naturally is perfect. The 02-February choice feels like a small, but appropriate gesture to honor Gigi for Vanessa, the kids, and the Lakers family, and Gigi's #2 is already etched in Lakers lore with the Black Mamba jerseys during the 2020 title run.

For additional context on statue timing, Shaq retired in 2011 and celebrated his statue ceremony six years later in 2017.

The date ultimately doesn't matter, since we know it will happen regardless, but I feel that a lot of Lakers fans, including myself, are anticipating what will certainly be an emotional day.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's Statue...Thoughts on 02/2024?

ArminNBA wrote:
Maybe it was Kobe's birthday or Kobe Day or the news of the crash site photo trial verdict, but it got me thinking of Kobe's statue for the first time in a long time — what pose it would depict, its location, and the date of the ceremony.

I hope they don't skimp and have hired only the best of sculptors to bring the likeness.

Pose — I picture him going up for the jumper with disembodied hands all over him, slapping and grabbing at his arms, pulling on his jersey.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's Statue...Thoughts on 02/2024?

Trevacious2 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

I hope they don't skimp and have hired only the best of sculptors to bring the likeness.

Pose — I picture him going up for the jumper with disembodied hands all over him, slapping and grabbing at his arms, pulling on his jersey.

Ok, I'll provide an anticipated pose. I envision Kobe extending his left arm bent at the elbow with the hand going upwards. In short, his classic pose after a game winning shot.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Pose - I actually wouldn't mind Kobe's "finger to the sky" after 81 points.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/FjrzjSXzDpjPZTF_VCapMX7ZKns=/1440x0/smart/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/PQ2MWESCEUI6VGOHDX6UEQNC7Y.jpg

My favorite pose would be Kobe's open court dunk during the 2004 finals.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I think the pose should be Kobe celebrating on the scorer's table after winning the world championship versus the Celtics in 2010.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: