NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 2646, 2647, 2648  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 37470

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
You guys feel that? Today is the day. I can smell it in the air.




He means that today is the day that we're finally going to get Ming to see the light and stop being so ridiculous. Well, as the saying goes, tomorrow is another day.


I really wish mods would ban this dude. Every thread has become a Debunk Ming Disinformation thread. Every day it's new nonsense. He is singlehandledly ruining LG.


Most of the mods aren’t active anymore and the couple that do police the site are in the Off Topic forum.


This thread would be hell to moderate. You have Just-Ming riddling it with fake stats. You have other guys putting up ridiculous trade rumors. You have people mocking each other right and left. Most active participants in this thread, including myself, probably have deserved to be suspended multiple times.

I take it all with a grain of salt. Nothing in this thread is important. The fact that many of us, including myself, often act like children doesn't mean the moderators need to make this thread a daily part of their lives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 9612

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I might be in the minority here but I would feel bad if Ming got the boot his opinion is just different from the rest of us but he still contributes to this forum and makes good for basketball discussion.


There is a difference between having opposite opinion and being delusional and have Patrick Beverley out of rotation on purpose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 54067

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
You guys feel that? Today is the day. I can smell it in the air.




He means that today is the day that we're finally going to get Ming to see the light and stop being so ridiculous. Well, as the saying goes, tomorrow is another day.


I really wish mods would ban this dude. Every thread has become a Debunk Ming Disinformation thread. Every day it's new nonsense. He is singlehandledly ruining LG.


Most of the mods aren’t active anymore and the couple that do police the site are in the Off Topic forum.


This thread would be hell to moderate. You have Just-Ming riddling it with fake stats. You have other guys putting up ridiculous trade rumors. You have people mocking each other right and left. Most active participants in this thread, including myself, probably have deserved to be suspended multiple times.

I take it all with a grain of salt. Nothing in this thread is important. The fact that many of us, including myself, often act like children doesn't mean the moderators need to make this thread a daily part of their lives.


This thread is certainly difficult to moderate. Perhaps the staff should expand so it’s not so taxing on two or three people. As to its import, it’s by far the most active and popular thread on the entire site. It has been the heartbeat of the site for months. I don’t expect mods to catch every little thing nor am I advocating for dozens of people to be suspended. But if I can count on one hand the number of users who are consistently trolling and/or posting misinformation on a daily basis for months I would think a staff of mods could do something about it. I’m not suggesting anything draconian. Other threads on this site are moderated with an iron fist. This one can’t exorcise a couple of trolls?
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 11310

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:32 pm    Post subject:

I see
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!


Last edited by epic_ on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46976

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I might be in the minority here but I would feel bad if Ming got the boot his opinion is just different from the rest of us but he still contributes to this forum and makes good for basketball discussion.


There is a difference between having opposite opinion and being delusional and have Patrick Beverley out of rotation on purpose


Yeah he does do things that rattles posters up, I’m still gonna hope he continues to post here cause I’m not a jackass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 37470

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

This thread is certainly difficult to moderate. Perhaps the staff should expand so it’s not so taxing on two or three people. As to its import, it’s by far the most active and popular thread on the entire site. It has been the heartbeat of the site for months. I don’t expect mods to catch every little thing nor am I advocating for dozens of people to be suspended. But if I can count on one hand the number of users who are consistently trolling and/or posting misinformation on a daily basis for months I would think a staff of mods could do something about it. I’m not suggesting anything draconian. Other threads on this site are moderated with an iron fist. This one can’t exorcise a couple of trolls?


1. I think the moderators are all volunteers. They might well have trouble finding people who want to spend their time for free moderating this rabble. I wouldn't want to do it. But I respect them for the effort they put into it.

2. When I said it wasn't important, I meant that nothing on LG is important. It's just chit-chat about a hobby/sport. It's no more important than a website devoted to discussing the Bachelor or stamp collecting. If it brings the participants entertainment, cool, but it's not like we're having weighty discussions about stuff that matters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I might be in the minority here but I would feel bad if Ming got the boot his opinion is just different from the rest of us but he still contributes to this forum and makes good for basketball discussion.


Surely you realize that a lot of people would have you second on the list behind Ming.

I wouldn't advocate for anyone to get booted unless they cross the line into personal attacks and the like. Even Ming's weirdness doesn't really bother me that much. I respond to one of his posts here and there, but for the most part, I just roll my eyes and think "That's typical Ming."
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 7224

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I might be in the minority here but I would feel bad if Ming got the boot his opinion is just different from the rest of us but he still contributes to this forum and makes good for basketball discussion.


Surely you realize that a lot of people would have you second on the list behind Ming.

I wouldn't advocate for anyone to get booted unless they cross the line into personal attacks and the like. Even Ming's weirdness doesn't really bother me that much. I respond to one of his posts here and there, but for the most part, I just roll my eyes and think "That's typical Ming."


Everyone adds a little something. IG works hard to give out info (whether you think it is crazy or not). Ming takes a stand for what he believes in. It is unfortunate that some picky back against Ming's posts and sometimes cross the line in doing so. Hunter, I like when you disagree with someone, you are NEVER a dbag about it. You make your point and drop it without the continued banter and volleying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 58446

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject:

You know when the thread gets to this, we're all bored and want something real to talk about. Tired of the endless WB trade speculation with no result and nothing big going in the NBA anyway right now.

Here's something to discuss. If the Lakers view WB and Bev as PGs, where does that put Nunn? Nunn would make the Lakers a little small. We saw that issue last year. We need some size at the 2 and 3.

Probably not popular at all, but something the Lakers may end up seeing as an easier way to get a deal done and improve is to move Reaves and Nunn for a bigger 2 or legit 3. This allows Lakers to run a core of AD, Bron, Bev and that player in end of game lineups. If WB is playing well and matched up well defensively, he closes.

That's what I think we're facing eventually (maybe not now, but in 2 months may become what Pelinka will try to get done). Move Reaves+Nunn (+ throw ins to make a deal work) for a player that's making about 10M and can give you some legit wing size and close lineups with AD/Bron/Bev.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bbrawler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 129

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject:

Prediction: after all this speculation, Utah ships their vets elsewhere. They did it to New York, why wouldn't they do the same to us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 25744

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Megaton wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/xf7fri/kyrie_irving_just_posted_a_video_of_alex_jones_to/

And people here wanted this absolute piece of (bleep)?


Eh. He's probably just trying to get a rise out of people. And, as usual, succeeding. I think he gets a thrill from trolling the internet.


This is beyond trolling, he’s supporting Alex Jones. Kyrie is beyond gone as a human being. You don’t post Alex Jones (bleep) who are comparable to the worst scum of the earth.

(bleep) Kyrie Irving. I’m glad I never have to root for his garbage ass.


Given our somewhat desperate position, I understood the lust for Kyrie this summer. He’s much better than Westbrook. I was a bit relieved though when it was made clear he was staying with the Nets. The public perception of Kyrie hasn’t caught up to the reality and in many ways we would have been trading one headache for another (plus 2 FRPs).


I understand the talent too. But as you said, the dude creates more problems then he solves, just ask the Celtics and now the Nets. Dude even sucks in the playoffs now.

As much as we love talent, I like good characters as well. Players that are actually likable. We had a bunch of those guys in 2020. Now? Maybe 1 or 2?
_________________
Lakers Offseason Goal:
- Draft Zach Edey (or Kel'el Ware)
- Sign Jonas Valanciunas or Nicolas Claxton
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:42 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Here's something to discuss. If the Lakers view WB and Bev as PGs, where does that put Nunn? Nunn would make the Lakers a little small. We saw that issue last year. We need some size at the 2 and 3.


As we've seen, players with size at the 2 and 3 are terribly expensive if they can actually play. Even if they really aren't very good, like Stanley Johnson, they still find spots on rosters. Undersized 2s like Nunn are a lot cheaper. We're operating on a thin budget, so that's what we've got. I certainly wouldn't package Nunn with Reaves, because Reaves is one of the few guards who isn't undersized.

Anyway, you're not going to get a bona fide 3 and D wing making $10M for Nunn and Reaves. We'd be coughing up FRPs, too. There's a reason why a guy like KCP gets paid as much as he does. If you look at his stats, you'd say "No way he's on an eight-figure salary." He's not even that good as a defender. But he plays a position and a role that will put you in high demand. That's probably why the Jazz took THT, even though he has sucked for the first three years of his career. He *might* turn out to be a 3 and D guy some day.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 119487

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
You know when the thread gets to this, we're all bored and want something real to talk about. Tired of the endless WB trade speculation with no result and nothing big going in the NBA anyway right now.

Here's something to discuss. If the Lakers view WB and Bev as PGs, where does that put Nunn? Nunn would make the Lakers a little small. We saw that issue last year. We need some size at the 2 and 3.

Probably not popular at all, but something the Lakers may end up seeing as an easier way to get a deal done and improve is to move Reaves and Nunn for a bigger 2 or legit 3. This allows Lakers to run a core of AD, Bron, Bev and that player in end of game lineups. If WB is playing well and matched up well defensively, he closes.

That's what I think we're facing eventually (maybe not now, but in 2 months may become what Pelinka will try to get done). Move Reaves+Nunn (+ throw ins to make a deal work) for a player that's making about 10M and can give you some legit wing size and close lineups with AD/Bron/Bev.


Rob is throwing out a half-baked roster that screams Russ trade.

We are again, way too guard heavy. If Nunn is healthy, there is no way Russ should even hit above 25 minutes per game. Bev/Nunn both should probably get 22-25mpg, and Reaves should be in contention to start at SG. Then you have the full MLE Walker. None of these 5 ideally should be playing at SF for prolonged periods of time as they are all 6'5 or shorter. Reaves can fight and scrap a bit but is physically overmatched.

I've read also that Troy Brown is more of a SG sized player who likes to guard small perimeter players over bigger wings too.

So again, we have a massively imbalanced roster heading into camp. We have some depth issues at big wing and PF for the 2nd straight year.
_________________
From 2-10 to the Western Conference Finals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 58446

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:56 am    Post subject:

What did Royce O'Neale cost the Nets? I can't remember the exact details, but it seems he was a good pick up for a FRP by the Nets, and a decent salary I think RON makes about 9.5-10M.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 8189

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
You know when the thread gets to this, we're all bored and want something real to talk about. Tired of the endless WB trade speculation with no result and nothing big going in the NBA anyway right now.

Here's something to discuss. If the Lakers view WB and Bev as PGs, where does that put Nunn? Nunn would make the Lakers a little small. We saw that issue last year. We need some size at the 2 and 3.

Probably not popular at all, but something the Lakers may end up seeing as an easier way to get a deal done and improve is to move Reaves and Nunn for a bigger 2 or legit 3. This allows Lakers to run a core of AD, Bron, Bev and that player in end of game lineups. If WB is playing well and matched up well defensively, he closes.

That's what I think we're facing eventually (maybe not now, but in 2 months may become what Pelinka will try to get done). Move Reaves+Nunn (+ throw ins to make a deal work) for a player that's making about 10M and can give you some legit wing size and close lineups with AD/Bron/Bev.


I agree there seems to be a glut of guards to sort through. But I wouldn’t trade those two. Lakers need quality player depth. Chasing the perfect player rarely works. Utilize the talents they have.

Reaves is one of those “intangibles” players that despite not having the profile to be a good player, he somehow gets the job done effectively. Every team needs those kinds of glue players. As for Nunn, I think he will surprise if he can regain his health and confidence he had in MIA. Just depends if he does.

I am intrigued by Walker. He may turn out to be that SG with size you describe. At the moment he has been inconsistent, but get him working hard on defense and driving to the basket instead of standing on the 3t line and he might surprise.

The biggest issue remains WB. Number 1 priority is sorting out whether he is on the roster or not. Can not truly plan or move forward into the season until this is resolved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 54067

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:59 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What did Royce O'Neale cost the Nets? I can't remember the exact details, but it seems he was a good pick up for a FRP by the Nets, and a decent salary I think RON makes about 9.5-10M.


2023 FRP. Nets had a trade exception they absorbed O’Neal into.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 58446

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
What did Royce O'Neale cost the Nets? I can't remember the exact details, but it seems he was a good pick up for a FRP by the Nets, and a decent salary I think RON makes about 9.5-10M.


2023 FRP. Nets had a trade exception they absorbed O’Neal into.

That's a hell of a move. I know Bev may be a game changer, but it seemed Ainge valued THT/Stanley. Wonder if we had acted earlier, if we could have landed O'Neale. He's the sort of player we seem to need, especially around AD/Bron/WB.

Again seems we do a lot of stuff that bites us in the butt. We wait on Kyrie/get into that stuff, and meanwhile ignore a pick up like O'Neale. I think when the season closed, the #1 thing I would have put down we needed was a bigger perimeter player that could defend, while at the same time be able to shoot 3s off Lebron/AD/WB. We re-sign Caruso, we don't need a guy like Bev.

There was a guy right there available at same price range as THT ... not that I am against Bev. I just think if we're keeping Russ for the season, a move like ONeale made sooooooo much sense. Hope Pelinka is on the look for another player in this mold.


Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 119487

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject:

The great irony is they want Russ to be a "Bruce Brown" role player.

Ok, so why not just sign Bruce Brown for the MMLE in free agency? Sigh.
_________________
From 2-10 to the Western Conference Finals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 58446

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The great irony is they want Russ to be a "Bruce Brown" role player.

Ok, so why not just sign Bruce Brown for the MMLE in free agency? Sigh.

It just seems there's redundant talent - Lonnie Walker with the MMLE and Nunn. That's back to back MMLEs on guys that will neither start at the 1 due to WB, or be good enough or big enough defensively at the 2/3. There's a lot of switching at the 2/3.

The Bev move gives us some significant defensive energy, which I like. I don't know about guys like Nunn, Walker, Reaves etc where they fit. A lot of talk about WB, but WB is at least a guy that you know exactly what he will do (Good and bad). I think our other guys, don't fit in with WB just as much as WB doesn't do some stuff well.

It seems we will need to play a lot of smaller wings again, and Bev/WB lineups to get things done, which makes us good in some match ups but undersized in others.

Some MMLE guys that would have given the Lakers some more size at the perimeter:

Brown as you mentioned
Jones Jr. (3M salary would have left over some FA money).
House Jr. (again not a full MMLE).

If you have some more size at the 2/3 you can get better switches, especially if the big 3 are back starting at the 5, 4 and 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That's a hell of a move. I know Bev may be a game changer, but it seemed Ainge valued THT/Stanley. Wonder if we had acted earlier, if we could have landed O'Neale. He's the sort of player we seem to need, especially around AD/Bron/WB.


Would you have given up a FRP for Royce O'Neale?
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 119487

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
That's a hell of a move. I know Bev may be a game changer, but it seemed Ainge valued THT/Stanley. Wonder if we had acted earlier, if we could have landed O'Neale. He's the sort of player we seem to need, especially around AD/Bron/WB.


Would you have given up a FRP for Royce O'Neale?


No way Rob/Jeanie would IMO.
_________________
From 2-10 to the Western Conference Finals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
That's a hell of a move. I know Bev may be a game changer, but it seemed Ainge valued THT/Stanley. Wonder if we had acted earlier, if we could have landed O'Neale. He's the sort of player we seem to need, especially around AD/Bron/WB.


Would you have given up a FRP for Royce O'Neale?


No way Rob/Jeanie would IMO.


Nor should they. So if Ainge has a choice between a 2023 FRP from the Nets (it is actually the least favorable of three possible picks) or anything we have to offer, he's taking the pick.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 54067

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
PayPal, the jersey patch partner of the Phoenix Suns, on Friday said it would not be renewing its sponsorship with the team should majority owner Robert Sarver continue in his role following his one-year suspension for racist and misogynist remarks.

"PayPal is a values-driven company and has a strong record of combatting racism, sexism and all forms of discrimination," PayPal CEO and president Dan Schulman said in a statement. "We have reviewed the report of the NBA league's independent investigation into Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver and have found his conduct unacceptable and in conflict with our values.

"... In light of the findings of the NBA's investigation, we will not renew our sponsorship should Robert Sarver remain involved with the Suns organization, after serving his suspension," Schulman said in his statement.

_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46976

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

I really don’t want the Sarver crap polluting the FA thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 5385

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I really don’t want the Sarver crap polluting the FA thread.


Can’t be any worse than the other crazy crap people post on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 2646, 2647, 2648  Next
Page 368 of 2648
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB