View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
TMG wrote:
Cut Matt Ryan ffs.

now, now, he is the reason for that 1 win. That's 1 precious win. Nunn deserves the cut more

Naw. Nunn is trending up. Which he was due for. Matt Ryan is who he is. Good story, and grateful to him for that game tying shot that led to a win. But, one shot does not a career make.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Another 30pt game from AD with 18 rebounds + 3 steals and a block...noooice!!!!!!!!
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Also, great win Lakers! I understand that the Spurs are not a good team. But, these were the types of teams we were losing to last season...and badly. The team is playing really well. AD is playing really well. Now, the question is how LeBron integrates himself. Also, if the team maintains this confidence and aggression.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

So, if we cut a player every game he play bad, in 11 games we have to forfeit the next game.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Also, great win Lakers! I understand that the Spurs are not a good team. But, these were the types of teams we were losing to last season...and badly. The team is playing really well. AD is playing really well. Now, the question is how LeBron integrates himself. Also, if the team maintains this confidence and aggression.

Russ with 3 turnovers in just over 21 minutes (I like his assists tho), Nunn with 4 turnovers in 16 minutes(decent shooting in garbage time), Bev 1-5 shooting with 1 rebound and 3 assists in about 20 minutes, really don't like Bev's game on the court at all...seems like a good locker room guy tho.

The team looks good but if they want to compete it will be necessary to upgrade the roster.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Russ with 3 turnovers in just over 21 minutes, Nunn with 4 turnovers in 16 minutes, Bev 1-5 shooting with 1 rebound and 3 assists in about 20 minutes.

The team looks good but if they want to compete it will be necessary to upgrade the roster.

Once Bron comes back, we just need to play Reaves and WB at PG. No one else needs to play.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Russ with 3 turnovers in just over 21 minutes, Nunn with 4 turnovers in 16 minutes, Bev 1-5 shooting with 1 rebound and 3 assists in about 20 minutes.

Once Bron comes back, we just need to play Reaves and WB at PG. No one else needs to play.

Gotta get a longer look at Schroeder...Bev and Nunn to the bench tho and hopefully shipped out for Turner soon.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

LA nightlife remains undefeated
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers blew out a non-nba roster?

#progress
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Blow Out Spurs, Anthony Davis Dominates Again

Anthony Davis was unstoppable again and the Lakers recorded a 31-point win over the Spurs
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

Russ with 3 turnovers in just over 21 minutes (I like his assists tho), Nunn with 4 turnovers in 16 minutes(decent shooting in garbage time), Bev 1-5 shooting with 1 rebound and 3 assists in about 20 minutes, really don't like Bev's game on the court at all...seems like a good locker room guy tho.

When you have Russ being Russ...which is the best version...you have to accept the Jekyll & Hyde of his game. You just hope his turnover to assist ratio is good, and he tamps down on the OCD plays. Nunn isn't all the way there, but he's trending up which is promising. Bev...yeah, I would trade him given the opportunity. With Schroder back, and Christie hopefully coming back soon from protocols, I would eventually cut all of Bev's minutes (unless garbage time, like Damian Jones).

This team is not perfect. But, this team isn't a total rehaul project that people were claiming. Like I said before we went on this win streak. The problem isn't the team. It was AD and LeBron. AD has stepped up, to his credit. Loving it. The question is, what is LeBron going to do...?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
The problem isn't the team. It was AD and LeBron. AD has stepped up, to his credit. Loving it. The question is, what is LeBron going to do...?

1000%

Unlike last season, we have capable role players and young legs that can play in a 48 minute NBA game.

Davis is regaining his dominant form. Let’s see what LeGrandpa does…
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
The problem isn't the team. It was AD and LeBron. AD has stepped up, to his credit. Loving it. The question is, what is LeBron going to do...?

1000%

Unlike last season, we have capable role players and young legs that can play in a 48 minute NBA game.

Hahaha how the table has turned. A lot of you was calling this roster bad 3 games ago. Now we have capable role players. Funny!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I stopped really paying attention in the 3rd cos I started baking so I missed something

TDRock wrote:
SOMETHING HAPPENED TO RUSS

Per Goon

The Lakers say Russell Westbrook got an X-ray tonight on his right thumb that came back negative for fracture. He'll be evaluated further tomorrow. Russ left the arena with a wrap on the thumb.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1594563251152384000?s=46&t=QDG0JdMIbjhKvCng0WkRrg
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

1000%

Hahaha how the table has turned. A lot of you was calling this roster bad 3 games ago. Now we have capable role players. Funny!

My energy stays the same. You can check my receipts. The only player I've been down on is Bev...and LeBron. Bev because he's just not what the Lakers thought they were getting. Which I called a dumb trade when it was made. LeBron, because he continues to play "LeBron ball" when he's not THAT LeBron, anymore. Also, his body language when things aren't going well is horrible for a leader.

Are the Lakers better without LeBron? No. But, they absolutely play better team basketball without him. My hope is that when he comes back, he finds a way to work within the team concept that's been building these last few games. We'll see.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

1000%

My energy stays the same. You can check my receipts. The only player I've been down on is Bev...and LeBron. Bev because he's just not what the Lakers thought they were getting. Which I called a dumb trade when it was made. LeBron, because he continues to play "LeBron ball" when he's not THAT LeBron, anymore. Also, his body language when things aren't going well is horrible for a leader.

Are the Lakers better without LeBron? No. But, they absolutely play better team basketball without him. My hope is that when he comes back, he finds a way to work within the team concept that's been building these last few games. We'll see.

I knew Schro and Bryant will help once returned. But they are running the same offense. AD had the heavy favorable match-up last 3 games. The quality of our opponents also has a lot to do with the way we look.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

1000%

It’s funny how the Lebron stans get so triggered

The role players we have are a mix of guys lacking in wing depth and consistent shooting.

As far as NBA players, unlike last season, we are not any less capable than any other team in the league. Every guy on this roster has a specialized skill for which they are in the league.

So objectively looking at it, yes we have flaws in the roster but so does every other team in cap management era.

So yeah, the Lakers 5-10 start is due to Lebron and AD not playing like stars. AD has been a star lately, not a coincidence the team is doing better.

Not much separates the role players in the NBA…so your boy should stop asking for help and actually play well with the guys he wanted on the team. No more disadvantaged, laughing stock of nba type trades.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

1000%

It’s funny how the Lebron stans get so triggered

The role players we have are a mix of guys lacking in wing depth and consistent shooting.

As far as NBA players, unlike last season, we are not any less capable than any other team in the league. Every guy on this roster has a specialized skill for which they are in the league.

So objectively looking at it, yes we have flaws in the roster but so does every other team in cap management era.

So yeah, the Lakers 5-10 start is due to Lebron and AD not playing like stars. AD has been a star lately, not a coincidence the team is doing better.

Not much separates the role players in the NBA…so your boy should stop asking for help and actually play well with the guys he wanted on the team. No more disadvantaged, laughing stock of nba type trades.

Funny I brought up the roster how most of ya’ll was saying this roster sucks from 3-10. Where did I mention Lebron on my post hahaha??? Hahahaha so predictable.

Lets talk about the roster. Schro and Bryant comingback has sure helped a lot. But also the quality of our opponents has helped more. I always knew this team is better than the 2-10 record before the 3 game win streak. They just could not put a whole 48 games together due to the early struggle from 3. We also had a brutal first 15 games in our schedule. But I also feel this roster is not enough to compete against the top teams. Let’s see how they match up vs the Suns.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11
Jump to: